Author Topic: The Night of the 100 Kills!  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
The Night of the 100 Kills!
« on: February 22, 2024, 12:40:41 AM »
What was up with airjer, Hoagie, Splasher and a few others last night??? It was Bish/Nit action so as a Rook I was third party. We had a good chuckle discussing it on country. lol!

I logged in about 8:45PM EST to see Hoagie land 50 kills in a Tiger 2 and airjer landing 60 in a T34. This went on for while with lots of insta kills from those two and others for a while. About 45 min later airjer landed 100 kills most of which were Slasher and most were merely seconds apart.

What was happening???
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 12:42:20 AM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
Re: The Night of the 100 Kills!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 01:05:11 AM »
What was up with airjer, Hoagie, Splasher and a few others last night??? It was Bish/Nit action so as a Rook I was third party. We had a good chuckle discussing it on country. lol!

I logged in about 8:45PM EST to see Hoagie land 50 kills in a Tiger 2 and airjer landing 60 in a T34. This went on for while with lots of insta kills from those two and others for a while. About 45 min later airjer landed 100 kills most of which were Slasher and most were merely seconds apart.

What was happening???

I saw that and thought maybe it was "Blood Pig" event going on at a spawn point or runway, very strange.

Blood Pig: https://gonzoville.com/2002/03/25/4q-the-blood-pig.html
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 02:06:46 AM »
Sounds like spawn camping while other side is desperately defending.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 07:26:56 AM »
Scoring shows airjer got him 165 times and Hoagi got him 62 times. Must have gotten a bug up his butt to up a jeep 227 times!  LOL!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 07:39:36 AM »
Ask Airjer how many rounds he fired to get those kills.  His little buddy was feeding proxies.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2024, 08:13:54 AM »
Whatever floats your boat...

Why score can be bogus in this game

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 08:20:59 AM »
Ask Airjer how many rounds he fired to get those kills.  His little buddy was feeding proxies.

It was a lot of proxies and they were one after other. Couldn’t have shot at them all.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2024, 08:38:44 AM »
Whatever floats your boat...

Why score can be bogus in this game

Eagler

Never understood these proximity kills. Ditch in certain situations could be handled different way. Haven't seen them in any other sim I or my son have been struggling.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2024, 08:58:25 AM »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2024, 10:11:34 AM »

What was happening???

Back in AH2 days when one of our group didn't have enough perk points for a deuce mission, 5-6 of us would go into the mid-war arena. the person short on perks would go to an opposite country while the rest of us upped tanks at the spawn. The perk farmer would then up a Bf110-c model, shoot us a few times then we towered out, giving the perk farmer the points.

this thread reminded me of that. Landing 100 kills in a 110-c
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2024, 10:31:08 AM »
Back in AH2 days when one of our group didn't have enough perk points for a deuce mission, 5-6 of us would go into the mid-war arena. the person short on perks would go to an opposite country while the rest of us upped tanks at the spawn. The perk farmer would then up a Bf110-c model, shoot us a few times then we towered out, giving the perk farmer the points.

this thread reminded me of that. Landing 100 kills in a 110-c

Some call it cheating...but if stealing is acceptable now cheating is a given...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2024, 10:37:48 AM »
Some call it cheating...but if stealing is acceptable now cheating is a given...

Eagler
Ain't no cheaters here!

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2024, 10:27:06 AM »
This fails in comparison to the night of 232 kills given by FT who was raging over the ridiculous ENY issues despite being double teamed over and over while eny was +20 and over half the population on country was tower sitting. Wrecked that tour :old: :neener:
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2024, 01:33:03 PM »

Eagler

Some call it gaming the game.
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2024, 02:10:53 PM »

Just another reason for attrition Warfare.

Along with limited planes/tanks per side/base. Revamped the Strategic Warfare system so that kills become more important, but just as important, Survival Of your aircraft and equipment becomes equally important. So things like this don't happen,  bombing and bailing,  Rethink many players go to move, HOing, going Head to Head, make players open up that book on ACM that some have stopreading.

It would go a long ways to removing some of the suicidal arcade-like gameplay we see.

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301