Author Topic: Bring Back 1 Hour Side Switch  (Read 517 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Bring Back 1 Hour Side Switch
« on: February 28, 2024, 10:11:28 AM »
The flow of the game changes too frequently to justify a 6 hour time limit on switching sides.  Please change it back to a 1 hour limit. 
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: Bring Back 1 Hour Side Switch
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 07:25:27 PM »
+

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 08:21:57 PM »
Add the hands off cv component to switchers too.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2024, 07:34:37 AM »
It sounds like reducing the timer would be an easy thing to change..

As Banshee7 pointed out the low numbers don't warrant the extreme waiting period now

What do you say HiTech?

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2024, 07:56:00 AM »
It sounds like reducing the timer would be an easy thing to change..

As Banshee7 pointed out the low numbers don't warrant the extreme waiting period now

What do you say HiTech?

Eagler

Do you think the data has changed that much? I dont.

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,361462.msg4811379.html#msg4811379

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2024, 09:21:14 AM »

I say, keep it at 6 hours and remove the auto side switch thing all together.

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2024, 10:02:43 AM »
Do you think the data has changed that much? I dont.

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,361462.msg4811379.html#msg4811379

I used to use the auto side switch thinking that surely the country with the lowest number would always have a fight, but that's not really the case. 

The night I made this post, I had switched to Bish because there was a good fight going on between the bish and rooks, with bish having the lower number.  Within 30 minutes of switching, the fight quickly turned into a horde (1-2 bish vs 15+ rooks) as the rest of the bish moved to hording a knight base.  And....there I was stuck for the rest of my night having to choose between joining the horde or getting ganged every fight.  I chose to log.
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2024, 03:09:59 PM »
I used to use the auto side switch thinking that surely the country with the lowest number would always have a fight, but that's not really the case. 

The night I made this post, I had switched to Bish because there was a good fight going on between the bish and rooks, with bish having the lower number.  Within 30 minutes of switching, the fight quickly turned into a horde (1-2 bish vs 15+ rooks) as the rest of the bish moved to hording a knight base.  And....there I was stuck for the rest of my night having to choose between joining the horde or getting ganged every fight.  I chose to log.

Exactly. The side switch thing doesn't solve the no fight delima. Also, switching to the low #s side can mean there might not even be a fight at all on that side and thus doesn't solve the players intended action they are looking for.

I was hoping Hitech could compromise at 3 hours atleast. 6 hours is just painful when its a decision you have to make for a whole day basically
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2024, 04:39:32 PM »

I'm a mercenary, always.  But when what you described happens - as it has to me - you still have the option to join one of the other countries.  You'll be stuck there for whatever the minimum time is these days.  You'll just have to enable auto-switch the next time you log on.

- oldman

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2024, 10:10:15 PM »
I'm a mercenary, always.  But when what you described happens - as it has to me - you still have the option to join one of the other countries.  You'll be stuck there for whatever the minimum time is these days.  You'll just have to enable auto-switch the next time you log on.

- oldman

myself and my nephew have that enabled on the account and so far, we've always been Knights I think. It's good knowing we can change colors at the drop of a hat....once. I'll get my account here soon and let him keep the current. I'll probably play merc despite having a good time with the Knights.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2024, 06:38:02 PM »
Absolutely agree. It is a dumb problem to have in a game where only 40 people are playing.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2024, 08:24:47 PM »
I say, keep it at 6 hours and remove the auto side switch thing all together.

CAV

Why? On good days I’m all over the place with constant action. It feeds my needs constantly.

Some days I set switched I’m dead in the water and stuck. I feel 2-3 hours would be a happy medium
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2024, 11:36:40 PM »

- oldman

Well...sometimes we're hired guns, but we roam the skies. BTW Oldman - did you check the last order from the brewery? Something about out of Pilsner ale.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2024, 10:05:54 AM »
Something tells me the days that anything changes in this game is long  gone....

We have what we have until the day our login fails and AH is officially dead...

Enjoy while you can

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2024, 12:36:34 PM »
Something tells me the days that anything changes in this game is long  gone....

We have what we have until the day our login fails and AH is officially dead...

Enjoy while you can

Eagler

Yup that’s where I’m at. Lots of people need to come around on this.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!