Author Topic: Sunday European campaign-- Battle of Britain-- Please Critique  (Read 1099 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Ok so heres what ive come up with for now. Please take the time to Read this and critique it. I want it to work for EVERYONE.
please remember i am doing this at a EURO friendly time, but ALL are INVITED.

Also this will not JUST be BOB. as we progress, the setups will change as well. please understand i dont really know how to do snapshots or scenarios and am learning as i go along. Please dont lose your mind if i make a mistake. Im trying to make this Fun for EVERYONE!

Time:  A sunday at 3pm EST
length: 2 hours--for now.
side changing: you can request a side change after each frame. 

first setup, Battle of Britian.

Aircraft:
allies:
Spit1
Hurricane1
Boston III

vehicles:
Jeep and M16

Axis:
BF109E-4
BF110C-4
Ju-87 stuka
Ju-88
HE111

vehicles:
Jeep and wirble

side split 40% Allies, 60% Axis

Allies basically defend, but will have targets to attack as a bonus.
Axis will bomb targets and kill as many defenders as possible. fuel will be limited if i can figure out a good setting.

Radar: allies have Tower radar only. requires a controller that i will volunteer for so everyone can fly.
Axis: i will see about giving Darbar only.

Fuel, i will try to adjust the fuel to see what works. im not sure how thats going to work out.

Airspawns: for the sake of getting back into the fight i "Might" use airspawns. i havent decided yet. 

respawn time: 15 minutes from death.

targets: southern bases will only have one particular plane at it. even vbases will be able to launch fighters.
all bombers must take off from airfields.

if a base is shut down it is unusable for the rest of the frame and the NEXT Frame. this forces the Allies to fall back if necessary.
the Axis will determine their targets, but i will give them a list of 5 or 6 targets, however 1 WILL BE london and that one MUST be hit.

if the Axis doesnt have some sort of leader or commander i will be it and determine targets. 

if the fighter hangers are down, then the base is effectively shut down at a Vbase and fighter and bomber hangers at a Airbase.

the Axis determine which targets they want to hit but remember radar will be on for the allies. you'll need some sort of leader for this.
if not i will assign targets as im not flying.

If the Axis hits the Allied Radar, i will respawn it because at the beginning the Axis did NOT target radar. so radar is off limits on the allied side.

Base defense: you are allowed to defend your bases if you want. jeep and either M16 or wirble are active. its war, people die. that includes pilots that get hit with AA fire!

Allies will be given scores by engine kills. if you kill a fighter 1 point bomber 2points. formations are worth 6 points if they all go down.
ground targets are also scored as 1 point including jeeps and wirbles.

Axis will be given a score based on any target hit being 1 point. building, hangers, guns etc. 1 point each. if a fighter guns down a flak gun,
that also counts as a score!

Please tell me what you all think?

Jaeger1

« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 09:54:30 AM by captain1ma »

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: Sunday Euro Snapshots-- I need a name!! Please Critique
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 09:25:58 AM »
Looks like fun!

“Battle for the Channel” or “Operation Euro”

Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sunday European campaign-- Battle of Britain-- Please Critique
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 10:12:28 AM »
Looks like a blast

Maybe delay on the dar to simulate the early less accurate version of the times

Thanks for hosting Jaeger1!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 10:16:49 AM »
a delay on the dar will affect both sides. theres only one setting for a radar delay. thanks for the input eagler. by the way, you still suck and i mean that in the nicest possible way after last night! LOL great fights always fun to die to you! <S>

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2024, 10:21:16 AM »
MNM is always a great time!

Was the dar delay the way the bar did not show up in the grid until they where about half way through it during MOTA scenario?

Just wondering..

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Mouse737

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2024, 10:26:44 AM »
Id be there sound fun

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2024, 10:43:36 AM »

Was the dar delay the way the bar did not show up in the grid until they where about half way through it during MOTA scenario?

Just wondering..

Eagler

yeah you can delay it from 1second to many minutes. just depends on the settings. i cant tell you for sure what the maximum is but a 10 minute delay would allow the other side to be half way through a sector as you observed.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2024, 02:26:04 PM »
MNM is always a great time!

Just wondering..

Eagler
FWIW, the delay for MOTA was 90 seconds I believe. Scenarios have had up to 4 minutes IIRC.

I'm not sure how the delay is calculated. I think it is client side because I've noticed it does not update for everyone at once.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2024, 03:10:38 PM »
I’d can the wirb and replace it with an m16. Also, maybe find a bomber with closer specifications to a Wellington then an Boston.

Chuikov

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2024, 03:32:08 PM »
yeah i thought about that too, maybe an osty instead of a wible.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2024, 07:52:08 PM »
I’d can the wirb and replace it with an m16. Also, maybe find a bomber with closer specifications to a Wellington then an Boston.

Agreed.

I'd also make sure to limit the target options a bit.  As an event just starting out, there may be fewer people.  I get having some flight time, but you don't want guys flying around for too long looking for a battle.

The time to action of MOA was about perfect.  Airspawns are your friend.

Don't recall hearing a date yet, but I'd try and crank one out before summertime when numbers dip slightly.

If I don't have any real life obligations, I will for sure be there to fly it, and help support and spread the word in the MA.

Thanks for your initiative. :)

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2024, 01:46:59 AM »
respawn time: 15 minutes from death.

I suggest respawn windows, so downed pilots can take off all together

Fuel, i will try to adjust the fuel to see what works. im not sure how thats going to work out.

If the map is 1:1 to real map I suggest keep fuel burn multiplier to 1.0 - otherwise axis 109E will be in great disadvantage.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2024, 06:52:30 AM »
im not sure, artik. i was tesing it last night. didnt seem to bad at 1.5. realistically they had 20 minutes over england.

my choice is move the planes back or increase fuel consumption.

feel free to keep the comments coming. nothing is in stone yet. all comments are helpful!

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2024, 07:09:52 AM »
the other thing we need is a couple of CO's just to assign targets.

as far as respawns: would you guys prefer respawn windows or a respawn time?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2024, 08:30:05 AM »
im not sure, artik. i was tesing it last night. didnt seem to bad at 1.5. realistically they had 20 minutes over england.

my choice is move the planes back or increase fuel consumption.

feel free to keep the comments coming. nothing is in stone yet. all comments are helpful!

I'd go for faster burn than additional flight time to the fight

Eagler