Author Topic: Need to ID which program is kicking me out of the game  (Read 584 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Need to ID which program is kicking me out of the game
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2024, 07:01:08 AM »
Back in the day Skuzzy once said that he'd rather get a proper virus into his PC than McAfee or Norton...

Driver Easy and others of that ilk are totally unnecessary. Basically you'd only need to update a driver when there's a problem. Often - or at least that's how it used to be - such programs offer updates that may not even be for your particular devices! That reminds me of my ancient sound card which didn't work any longer as supposed. It appeared that there was a driver update for a model carrying the same name/number. Finally found it in India, downloaded and force installed. Did it unleash the desired properties? Sort of. Was it stable? Hell no! The fancy drivers weren't meant for the sub-model sold here.
Yeah! This was disheartening.  :uhoh Eh..it was free with my ASUS PC. MCAFEE that is.  My 2 prior PCs...anti virus what?     I didnt use any, other than what Windows Defender could do. Latest PC....was pricey and MCAFEE was free...why not?  Yeah....wont be renewing.  Driver Easy however seems to have helped. I have received "Something went wrong" notifications for NVIDIA updates...through the Nvidia Web Site..last 5 or 6. With Driver Easy, no such issues, and card was updated to current model. I sure as heck ain't gonna argue with you about it! You haven't steered me wrong yet  :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2024, 10:01:42 AM »
Eset nod32 av is all I have used for years..

Only the av as I can manage the rest myself

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2024, 08:24:27 AM »
 am having frequent disconnects too.  I did a ping plot.  Just as the next hop enters texas, there is a huge packet loss. 

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2024, 12:19:17 PM »
Mine isnt a disco, mine just drops me to the desktop. I click the AH icon on the task bar and Im back in. I havent had time to try and track this down yet. Luckily its just a second dropping to desktop and click back in so it only annoying.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2024, 04:49:18 PM »
Mine isnt a disco, mine just drops me to the desktop. I click the AH icon on the task bar and Im back in. I havent had time to try and track this down yet. Luckily its just a second dropping to desktop and click back in so it only annoying.

Same exact issue I had. I haven’t gotten these since I made system tweaks. Problem is I don’t know exactly what tweak fixed it. I don’t think it was connection or graphic tweaks, that narrows it down a little to the tweaks on top in my page. I do **suspect** removing Game Bar, but no proof. Point, hasn’t happened since my tweaks <shrug>

Problem is, its very intermittent to catch without a log monitoring app.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP