Author Topic: Another souvenier from my hip replacement  (Read 148 times)

Offline G0ALY

• Nickel Member
Another souvenier from my hip replacement
« on: March 11, 2024, 06:58:28 PM »
For the first 6 weeks after my last hip surgery (4 surgeries since July), I had to give myself 2 IV antibiotics every day because of an infection.

Part of this process involved injecting a syringe of saline solution to flush the picc line in my right bicep before and after each antibiotic IV and blood draw. I am always asking myself, "What can I make out of this?" and as such, I collected the used saline syringes...

I decided to combine approximately 170 empty syringes, some spray paint and the links from some plastic "Rambo" costume machine gun belts. This is only 35 of the syringes and it measures 29 inches.  If I use all of them, it should end up being about 14 foot long. When finished, I plan to mount it in the rafters of the garage. After all, it is part of my story.

...Now I just need to convince myself that I do not need to keep the 180 plastic Rambo bullets that came out of the links.

CHEERS! goaly
My password at work had to contain exactly 8 characters… I chose Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Another souvenier from my hip replacement
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 08:27:11 PM »
Cool :aok
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2024, 04:05:39 AM »
10 second minimum alcohol swab on your PICC!  :old:

I’ve seen co-workers not count…

Hope you get that out asap and are full speedy recovery afterwards, bet it’s been rough!

:salute
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline G0ALY

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 06:19:35 AM »
10 second minimum alcohol swab on your PICC!  :old:

I’ve seen co-workers not count…

Hope you get that out asap and are full speedy recovery afterwards, bet it’s been rough!

:salute

Thanks, The Picc came out 2 weeks ago. I now have 4 more weeks of oral antibiotics. Hopefully, that's the end of it.
My password at work had to contain exactly 8 characters… I chose Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.