Author Topic: Corruption and greed at it's best  (Read 893 times)

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
Re: Corruption and greed at it's best
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2024, 11:01:44 PM »
Came across this part of an interview with the guy. Just throwing it out there for exposure.

https://twitter.com/ThrillaRilla369/status/1769081879750205565

Upload survival time on pre-Musk twitter?  3 minutes?  5?  Account suspension?   
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2024, 08:09:13 AM »
Definitely suspicious.

Every name the MSM uses to label you is intended to shut you up and erode our 1st Amendment, where does that lead…?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2024, 10:58:56 AM »
Definitely suspicious.

Every name the MSM uses to label you is intended to shut you up and erode our 1st Amendment, where does that lead…?

a more serene Bulletin Board for one.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2024, 11:13:02 AM »
Imagine. A place without opposing views and contention. Like North Korea.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2024, 11:18:10 AM »

And jailing their political opponents..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2024, 01:00:53 PM »

Opposing views? Is that a euphemism for a polarized population?
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2024, 03:16:06 PM »
Opposing views? Is that a euphemism for a polarized population?

Are you in favor of whichever faction has political majority at the time having the ability to silence all critics?

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2024, 03:42:44 PM »
Are you in favor of whichever faction has political majority at the time having the ability to silence all critics?

No, not at all but I am getting really tired of statements that the Justice Department is the lapdog of some political force. And totally fed-up with the popular statement that no crimes were committed.

If people lose faith in their Justice System or should the Justice Department become biased by political views, you may as well burn the Constitution and start over.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2024, 04:17:06 PM »
Politics are against the rules here so I'll say no more on the subject.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2024, 05:07:32 PM »
....People lose faith ...should the Justice Department become biased by political views..

Many are here..millions

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2024, 06:14:07 PM »
No, not at all but I am getting really tired of statements that the Justice Department is the lapdog of some political force. And totally fed-up with the popular statement that no crimes were committed.

If people lose faith in their Justice System or should the Justice Department become biased by political views, you may as well burn the Constitution and start over.

Everything is always biased by political views.  It is the nature of humans.  There is always political fighting.  The side in power is always working to use its political influence against its opponents.  There are laws to curb that.  But just as there is always some crime despite laws and enforcement, there will always be some amount of improper partisan use of government power.

I suspect you do believe in and feel the following were wrong:  Watergate, various acts during the McCarthy era, possibly Iran-Contra.

You might agree that these, too, were improper if you knew of them:  COINTELPRO, Operation Northwoods, MKUltra, role of American propaganda in starting the Spanish-American War, Gulf of Tonkin, etc.

It is human nature to notice, believe, and decry when it seems the other side is doing it.  And to overlook, ignore, and dismiss claims that your side is doing it.

Are there any examples of your preferred side doing such things?  Or does it happen at all times throughout history, for all nations, for all political factions -- except the one you like?

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2024, 06:40:51 PM »
Everything is always biased by political views.  It is the nature of humans.  There is always political fighting.  The side in power is always working to use its political influence against its opponents.  There are laws to curb that.  But just as there is always some crime despite laws and enforcement, there will always be some amount of improper partisan use of government power.

I suspect you do believe in and feel the following were wrong:  Watergate, various acts during the McCarthy era, possibly Iran-Contra.

You might agree that these, too, were improper if you knew of them:  COINTELPRO, Operation Northwoods, MKUltra, role of American propaganda in starting the Spanish-American War, Gulf of Tonkin, etc.

It is human nature to notice, believe, and decry when it seems the other side is doing it.  And to overlook, ignore, and dismiss claims that your side is doing it.

Are there any examples of your preferred side doing such things?  Or does it happen at all times throughout history, for all nations, for all political factions -- except the one you like?

Let's see if he touches the Russian collusion hoax (5 year "investigation"), Hillary (FBI/DOJ refused to prosecute), Twitter files/Facebook censoring ecouraged by the FBI, or IRS targeting.  Just a start.   
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2024, 06:58:31 PM »

There is far too much to unpack in all these questions. To my limited knowledge, the only crime mentioned in your list that is encapsulated by the US criminal code was Watergate. The Justice Department convicted a few but the perpetrator was pardoned.

I don't care that politicians are corrupt (because they all are) but I do choose to believe that the Justice Department acts according to the Law and is not the weapon of political bias.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2024, 07:10:13 PM »
Let's see if he touches the Russian collusion hoax (5 year "investigation"), Hillary (FBI/DOJ refused to prosecute), Twitter files/Facebook censoring ecouraged by the FBI, or IRS targeting.  Just a start.

"he"??? That's telling. Only refer to liberal woke leftists in the third person.

But to answer... Russian collusion was not established as a Hoax...Barr redacted Robert Mueller's investigation and evidence. The Justice Department did not refuse to prosecute Hilary... there was insufficient evidence of a crime.. I cannot speak to censorship of Twitter and Facebook.. I use neither. IRS targeting? Who? You?

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2024, 12:23:26 AM »
To my limited knowledge, the only crime mentioned in your list that is encapsulated by the US criminal code was Watergate.

It all involves criminal law, except perhaps in the case of propaganda for the Spanish-American War.

I don't care that politicians are corrupt (because they all are) but I do choose to believe that the Justice Department acts according to the Law and is not the weapon of political bias.

The DOJ is controlled by politicians (the President, for example), has high-level staff appointed by politicians, and is funded as determined by politicians.  If politicians are corrupt, is there some magic that keeps corruption out of an agency controlled, staffed, and paid for politicians?

I understand it might feel better to believe the DOJ to be a pristine and pure form of goodness.  But organizations are composed of humans.  Imperfect humans.