Author Topic: Invasion  (Read 5879 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Re: Invasion
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2024, 02:06:34 PM »
The US Supreme Court has slapped down the gun grabbers a couple of times lately. Rather than apologize for infringing on our rights the gun grabbers denounce the US Supreme Court.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2024, 02:07:06 PM »
Here's one of many, The Federal Assault Weapons Ban of 1994. The current admin is doing it's best to reenact that unconstitutional law.

wasn't that settled years ago?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2024, 02:09:33 PM »
The people that demand gun rights be taken away from law abiding citizens are the same people that believe that the government will come to their rescue when something bad happens. But when the toejam hits the fan and they are left helpless and defenseless, they will act all surprised and shocked when they are abandoned and blame others for what they specifically wanted to happen to begin with
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2024, 02:12:57 PM »

semp

Obviously not.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2024, 02:14:29 PM »

semp

Did you miss the part where I said this admin is trying to do it again? In cleat violation of the US Constitution.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2024, 02:17:30 PM »
500,000,000 guns owned by US civilians and and growing. These will not go gentle into that good night.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2024, 02:22:32 PM »
I have an easy solution to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

All congress has to do is pass a law that says criminals must follow the gun laws! I'm sure it will work at least as well as "gun free zones"

Everybody knows a violent felony in possession of a firearm that they acquired illegally and are committing a felony by possessing it will stop when they see a sign that says "this is a gun free zone"...

There really are special kinds of stupid :)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2024, 03:46:54 PM »
Works as well as the justice reform laws  where you tell the criminals that if you catch them after the 5th time they committed a crime that you might have to actually sit them down and tell them they were a naughty boy while scowling. And be sure to stop being bad otherwise after the 10th time you will have to slap them on the wrist (but not too hard because you will hurt their feelings)
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2024, 04:19:36 PM »
The solution is an easy fix for Congress

Congress isn't needed for that.

Let's say courts won't prosecute thieves for stealing cars.   And police don't arrest thieves for stealing cars.  So you get a giant increase in car theft.  (This, by the way, is the actual situation in Seattle, WA, where I used to live.  I found out when my wife's car was stolen in Seattle, and the Seattle police informed us of this information.)

You do not need new laws to fix that.  You need courts that will prosecute those criminal.  You need police to arrest those criminals.

This is exactly the situation with illegal immigration.

Again:  No new laws are necessary.

We already have them.  But our country does not enforce those laws.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2024, 04:25:44 PM »

And they continue to pile them in..

The twilight zone never got this strange

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2024, 04:29:03 PM »

Let's say courts won't prosecute thieves for stealing cars.   And police don't arrest thieves for stealing cars.  So you get a giant increase in car theft.  (This, by the way, is the actual situation in Seattle, WA, where I used to live.  I found out when my wife's car was stolen in Seattle, and the Seattle police informed us of this information.)

You do not need new laws to fix that.  You need courts that will prosecute those criminal.  You need police to arrest those criminals.

We already have them.  But our country does not enforce those laws.

Agreed. The laws seem to apply to certain people at certain times and only in certain places. So much for the rule of law.

I was referring to the "assault weapons" comment that some people banning them will somehow keep criminals from committing gun crimes.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2024, 04:34:52 PM »
They are flying in from around the world to enter illegally

I am sure they are all great ppl and we can afford trillion $$$ deficits :aok

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2024, 04:56:12 PM »

I don't believe that you are suggesting that everyone entering the country is a criminal. For a very long time the country and hopefully a majority of its citizens recognize there are legitimate people seeking asylum.

But that is not the point. I think we both agree that the southern border needs to be closed. One candidate claims that he can order the closure with the power of his voice. The other knows that no federal statute provides that power to his office and therefore asked the congress to pass legislation permitting appropriate action without resulting in unending court battles.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 05:07:50 PM by Busher »
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2024, 05:31:02 PM »
Close it with the military, and let it be known the deadly consequences of anyone caught illegally crossing it. Being polite doesnt work, time to take the berlin wall route

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2024, 05:39:21 PM »
[editing]