Author Topic: Invasion  (Read 5632 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Invasion
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2024, 05:58:44 PM »
Security concern..importing crime is a crime right?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2024, 06:00:05 PM »
Yup. Hard to complain about things not being done when there's a Bipartisan bill that gets shot down by one party.

Why was the border opened up in the first place?   
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2024, 06:59:59 PM »
Still peddling worthless bills like this https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/4455506-breaking-down-the-senate-border-bill-and-why-it-has-no-chance-of-passing/, I see.

One newspaper's opinion but the obvious still stands.... better to do nothing until January 20, 2025?

What scares me more is the division in the country. Sides are so polarized that I am losing sight of any path back to negotiated harmony. Sides have  lost the ability to listen to one another and work to find a middle ground. God knows the nation's people will never be unified by force. Is there a tiny morsel of mutual respect left.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2024, 07:05:05 PM »

One newspaper's opinion but the obvious still stands.... better to do nothing until January 20, 2025?

What scares me more is the division in the country. Sides are so polarized that I am losing sight of any path back to negotiated harmony. Sides have  lost the ability to listen to one another and work to find a middle ground. God knows the nation's people will never be unified by force. Is there a tiny morsel of mutual respect left.

At what point does the article lose fact and become opinion?   

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2024, 07:36:57 PM »
At what point does the article lose fact and become opinion?

The Border Act would not secure the border.

It's opinion because the definition of a secure border varies from person to person. And most know that THE HILL is extremely right wing.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2024, 07:51:31 PM »

And most know that THE HILL is extremely right wing.
Extremely right wing is the only way that matters to them and everyone that lives differently is an enemy and needs to be eliminated.
Is basically what I gather from their cult.
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2024, 07:52:55 PM »

It's opinion because the definition of a secure border varies from person to person. And most know that THE HILL is extremely right wing.

Exactly.  No border (when politically necessary) is the democrat's border policy and why the house shot this pile of watermelon down.  Why was the border opened in the first place?   

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2024, 07:54:56 PM »
Extremely right wing is the only way that matters to them and everyone that lives differently is an enemy and needs to be eliminated.
Is basically what I gather from their cult.

Critique the bill for us then.  Also, why was the border opened up to illegals in the first place?

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2024, 07:57:36 PM »
Exactly.  No border (when politically necessary) is the democrat's border policy and why the house shot this pile of watermelon down.  Why was the border opened in the first place?

To create an event that would magically cause the election to be halted in a time of crisis or national emergency to ensure the ones in power will stay in power at all costs. Bet that comment gets reported by the same person again
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2024, 08:05:22 PM »

The people who are think they know better then me and want to dictate everything in my life are pushing me towards polarization.

That said, Kennedy would probably have been too far right for the currently Republican party and people like some of the members of "the squad" would be probably be left of Lenin.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2024, 08:09:19 PM »

Critique the bill for us then.  Also, why was the border opened up to illegals in the first place?
The US as it is today is mainly made up of immigrants that came over 50-100+ years ago right? The US is suppose to be a safe place for everyone including immigrants that want to come here legally I agree that there is a problem right now but unless you want to put machine guns on the border which won't happen and even if it did they have traveled hundreds  of miles to get away from violence in their countries so I can see why they do it not that it is okay.
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2024, 08:15:55 PM »

The border was not opened. The legislation to close it never existed. It had been closed under Title 42 by Executive Order under the auspices of a national health emergency.. specifically Covid. When the national health emergency ended, the Executive Order became mute. The nation is still a democracy (for a while yet anyway) and national policy is determined by the Congress not the White House.

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2024, 08:21:47 PM »
The people who are think they know better then me and want to dictate everything in my life are pushing me towards polarization.

That said, Kennedy would probably have been too far right for the currently Republican party and people like some of the members of "the squad" would be probably be left of Lenin.

I had this conversation with a friend the other day.  There's no way JFK or MLK would support the democrat party today.  Not a chance.   

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2024, 08:26:47 PM »
The US as it is today is mainly made up of immigrants that came over 50-100+ years ago right? The US is suppose to be a safe place for everyone including immigrants that want to come here legally I agree that there is a problem right now but unless you want to put machine guns on the border which won't happen and even if it did they have traveled hundreds  of miles to get away from violence in their countries so I can see why they do it not that it is okay.

Except that our immigration policies today do not mirror those of 100 years ago?   

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2024, 08:40:19 PM »
The border was not opened. The legislation to close it never existed. It had been closed under Title 42 by Executive Order under the auspices of a national health emergency.. specifically Covid. When the national health emergency ended, the Executive Order became mute. The nation is still a democracy (for a while yet anyway) and national policy is determined by the Congress not the White House.

So you're admitting that the border is not being enforced under Biden?