Author Topic: Why not go Free to play?  (Read 2539 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why not go Free to play?
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2024, 12:44:12 AM »
Not many views on those. Add a few tags to those videos, More realistic than War Thunder. Bigger furballs than DCS World. The hits will be on War Thunder and DCS.

Don't see a video on setting up HOTAS controls. Need one with step by step hand holding instructions. 

Tags. I've made videos haphazardly and usually to help someone specifically. They are very unprofessional. I have only 85 subscribers yet have over 10k views on this video. It's simply the tags/name of the video that comes up in searches. Much as I'd like to believe otherwise. ;)

Roll spoilers are a b with thrust asymmetry.  Keep the stick aileron neutral and see if that helps.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2024, 11:20:06 AM »

My local grocery did it with Tillamook cheese the other day. They had little cubes of the stuff with tooth picks spread out on a table in the deli. After eating a half dozen or so, I convinced myself to buy a block of that cheese.

That loss-leader stuff works sometimes.

Just sayin'

Did you try anything else? If AH were a store, you could try anything in it for free up to two weeks.

Using your comparison.... AH should have one free plane for a day.

Just sayin'.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 11:21:49 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2024, 10:19:27 AM »
Has the buy a plane model like DCS and IL2 been discussed?
Maybe you could buy the 40 eny planes for $4.99 and the LW rocketships for $49.99?
Seems to  be working for those sims.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2024, 11:27:23 AM »
Maybe you could buy the 40 eny planes for $4.99 and the LW rocketships for $49.99?

Then the graphics in AH would have to be improved

My guess it's the look and feel as much as the $15 and complex learning curve

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2024, 11:33:56 AM »
Then the graphics in AH would have to be improved

My guess it's the look and feel as much as the $15 and complex learning curve

Eagler

This game isn't worth the $15 a month subscription anymore though.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2024, 12:02:45 PM »

There are only a few planes you can buy individually in IL-2. And the DCS planes are in a totally different league in graphics and complexity. Who in the world would pay $50 for something like AH's La-7????  :headscratch:

You would need a new game for this approach (Which, in my personal opinion, wouldn't be a bad thing)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2024, 08:21:32 PM »

You would need a new game for this approach (Which, in my personal opinion, wouldn't be a bad thing)

I'm holding out hope for this....

https://combatpilot.com

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2024, 12:01:24 AM »

I'm holding out hope for this....

https://combatpilot.com

CAV

Well, I more thought along the lines of a new game by Dale incorporating some of the key elements of Aces High, but with a new approach.
Very unlikely it will ever happen in the way I'm envisioning it, but hey, a man can dream, can't he?  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2024, 01:00:14 PM »
Wishlist material.
Ya are asking for rewriting scripts for a new payment method. Ya can’t get basic changes that take 5min-1hr, so this thread is moot. Not goin to happen.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline bluemax

• Zinc Member
« Reply #144 on: April 18, 2024, 04:42:24 AM »
Alot of people keep going on about how the game is only 15$ a month. Well that adds up to 180$ a year and no game is really worth it at that point when you think about long term costs.
I played on an off from 2009 to 2017. The quality of engagements dropped with the player counts to the point it wasnt worth it. Now think of this as a new comer,you download a free game see the main server maybe topping 150players on a weekend and the game is asking 15$ a month to play in that server. so thats 15$ for really only 8 days a month when the game is actually somewhat active. Hell i quit because Generally speaking things start loosing interest once the player counts would dropped below 200 back in the day and once that became a consistent issue i dropped the game.From a quick tread of the current state of a forums it seems like this place is just a bunch of crabs in a bucket now and its sad.

PS if your reading this Hi HighEye its been a long time since ive talked with the Aerofighters hope all is well

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2024, 06:32:27 AM »
Correction.  14 free days.    The premise remains.
"30 days" :rofl My Bro forgot about the "2 WEEKS"  :rofl "2 weeks" has been a Staple since all time I have known in this game/forums..10 years........wait what? 10 years?    OK, HO, where is my Vraciu and what did you do to him?  :furious  Blink twice if you are in danger...  :rofl          Love ya Brother
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain