Author Topic: April - no late war planes in ma  (Read 2749 times)

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
Re: April - no late war planes in ma
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2024, 11:43:27 PM »
I wasn't impressed with DrSpek either. He quit the game after he lost his duel to me. I still have his expletive-laden post saved that he made after quitting, along with the duel he rage quit from immediately beforehand.

But yeah, cool story.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 12:57:22 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2024, 12:02:27 AM »
DrSpek literally quit the game after I killed him like 20x in the MA. I still have his expletive-laden post saved that he made after quitting, along with the duel he rage quit from immediately beforehand.

But yeah, cool story.
Sounds almost that you're gloating that you had a hand in him leaving and you saved his post to remind yourself of how well you did...

Care to share any other players you helped run off?

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2024, 12:21:29 AM »
Sounds almost that you're gloating that you had a hand in him leaving and you saved his post to remind yourself of how well you did...

Care to share any other players you helped run off?

I didn't "run him off." We had a series of MA fights, followed by him calling me out for a duel after he lost all but like 1 or 2 fights. He came after me equally; but, apparently, he never learned how not to telegraph his turns and I kept killing him in 1 pass.

He was so mad about front-quarter shots that he quit over them. His reaction was so unexpected that I genuinely thought he was trolling.

Click
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 02:09:59 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2024, 08:10:41 AM »
Missed you guys in MNM last night

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2024, 10:08:55 AM »
Yeah, Dr. Spek wasn't all that... no one is - not even you - but that's not who we were talking about.

Cool deflection, bro  :aok

The point is, in a long line of good sticks, you don't particularly stand out beyond your aim and set moves.

I wasn't impressed with DrSpek either. He quit the game after he lost his duel to me. I still have his expletive-laden post saved that he made after quitting, along with the duel he rage quit from immediately beforehand.

But yeah, cool story.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2024, 10:13:28 AM »

The point is, in a long line of good sticks, you don't particularly stand out beyond your aim and set moves.

Which is sad, because apparently that was all that was needed to beat them consistently.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2024, 10:36:17 AM »
I bet a lot of old sticks would come back for a Goood ol fashion dueling bracket. What better way to determine who’s truly better?

I'd be down, but I doubt we get enough people to join and most of the older sticks have disappeared. Wish it could be sponsored and put all over Twitch with huge competitions like some of these games  😞

The New air spawns make things a bit more fair from the start.

It use to he check 6s back in the day to fight in the DA. Man that was fun.

Surprised I wasn't in that dueling bracket, must have been in college.

Never did get to fight Levi or Drex, but 2bighorn was beast a long time ago. Latrobe was also a very good stick no matter what he flew.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 10:41:28 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2024, 10:36:48 AM »
Was at an eclipse event (awesome) and didn't make it back in time.  Next week!

Missed you guys in MNM last night
Eagler
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 10:58:24 AM by Shane »

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2024, 11:32:23 AM »
Wow Shane! What a guy.

And I thought I might have been the only person that thought you were an ok guy.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2024, 12:01:56 PM »
I flew against all of them, except for Levi. Every single one was a pushover except JOACH1M. To date, JOACH1M is the best pilot I've ever encountered and who'd I consider the best pilot in the game during the time he played.

Let me guess your reply: "well, they used to be good, before you came here..."
Obvious Troll is Obvious
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2024, 12:29:26 PM »
There are a lot of variables over time that impact a players performance over the years.

AH2 was a lot easier to read E differentials. I have a much more difficult time reading peoples E in AH3. It seems they come at me so slow, yet climb 5k straight up.

AH2, the spitV and 109f weren't "fixed" when Levi and Drex played. The spit5 is a totally different plane, albeit still fun to fight in.

Merging now is more unbiased in terms of the Air spawns relative to taking off and meeting in the middle. I'd like to see a lot of past fights redone with the airspawns to have closer merge speeds.

Getting older, having families, new sticks, not the same setups as before, not being able to practice as much, less people in the game, and AH3 conversion also create variables that make some players probably less as good as they use to be. Not all of us get to practice for dozens of hours straight which does help with stick control and other things.

However back then, rope merges and shooting in certain crossing shots weren't the goal. So, many people who fought skyyr weren't expecting to be roped on every merge or expecting a close HO shot to put them out of the fight. I'd like to see some of those fights with the airspawns though just to see if they could match Skyyrs E on the merge and the then go from there.

I do see a lot folks go nose down first before entering the merge and I think that is a crucial mistake.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 12:32:19 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2024, 12:40:06 PM »
There are a lot of variables over time that impact a players performance over the years.

AH2 was a lot easier to read E differentials. I have a much more difficult time reading peoples E in AH3. It seems they come at me so slow, yet climb 5k straight up.

AH2, the spitV and 109f weren't "fixed" when Levi and Drex played. The spit5 is a totally different plane, albeit still fun to fight in.

Merging now is more unbiased in terms of the Air spawns relative to taking off and meeting in the middle. I'd like to see a lot of past fights redone with the airspawns to have closer merge speeds.

Getting older, having families, new sticks, not the same setups as before, not being able to practice as much, less people in the game, and AH3 conversion also create variables that make some players probably less as good as they use to be. Not all of us get to practice for dozens of hours straight which does help with stick control and other things.

However back then, rope merges and shooting in certain crossing shots weren't the goal. So, many people who fought skyyr weren't expecting to be roped on every merge or expecting a close HO shot to put them out of the fight. I'd like to see some of those fights with the airspawns though just to see if they could match Skyyrs E on the merge and the then go from there.

I do see a lot folks go nose down first before entering the merge and I think that is a crucial mistake.

Some valid points, but as Grizz once said "old legends are just that, old".
Beating an old legend in a 1v1 now would be a lose lose situation.
You haven't proven anything except that the other guy got older, slower and checked his priorities in life..

That ol' get behind the 3-9 line. I remember PEZ shouting at me "BE a man and shoot me in the back"   :rofl
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2024, 12:54:26 PM »

This is an interesting comment as I recall in the A4 dogfighting film that somebody posted recently that it said specifically to go nose down before the merge to build up as much speed as possible and then to pull into the vertical where you could watch your opponents next move and react accordingly.

I'm interested in hearing your reasoning behind how it is a "crucial mistake"?

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2024, 12:55:29 PM »

But yeah, cool story.

To be fair to Spek, he had stopped flying regularly by the time you got to him.. I'd imagine he'd been gone for a year pretty much.
Returns can be a hard thing when you leave at the top of your game and expect to go right back in and conquer without so much as a warm up.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho