Author Topic: April - no late war planes in ma  (Read 2733 times)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Re: April - no late war planes in ma
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2024, 01:03:31 PM »
To be fair to Spek, he had stopped flying regularly by the time you got to him.. I'd imagine he'd been gone for a year pretty much.
Returns can be a hard thing when you leave at the top of your game and expect to go right back in and conquer without so much as a warm up.

I completely agree with this. When was at the top of my game, back in the AW days, I found that even taking a couple days off would blow my timing and small stuff like that which is what usually determines the winner between closely matched opponents in my experience.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2024, 01:46:26 PM »
I completely agree with this. When was at the top of my game, back in the AW days, I found that even taking a couple days off would blow my timing and small stuff like that which is what usually determines the winner between closely matched opponents in my experience.
True. Style can play a part too. I’ve wrecked guys in the past that were hot sticks only to be clobbered by the guy the original adversary would trounce regularly. Kind of a rock, paper, scissors thing.

Not anymore. I’m only slightly above average these days for a multitude of reasons.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2024, 02:28:20 PM »
MNM now has an air start

It expedites things..

If the stats page is correct I got 44 kills in about 54 minutes...Can't get action like that anywhere else!

Not one of them in a late warbird  though some were proxies from nearby crashes :aok

MA would benefit from airstarts on most maps with our current numbers imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2024, 11:22:49 AM »
This is an interesting comment as I recall in the A4 dogfighting film that somebody posted recently that it said specifically to go nose down before the merge to build up as much speed as possible and then to pull into the vertical where you could watch your opponents next move and react accordingly.

I'm interested in hearing your reasoning behind how it is a "crucial mistake"?

Generally in WW2 planes, going nose down before the merge may give you the inside loop advantage against an unsuspecting opponent, however vs someone who catches on, your nose dive may give you more speed, but pulling up into an emmilman you may actually lose more speed by being too jerky on the stick pulling up than you would have had just flying straight into the merge. So when you cross the same plane before nose diving you are actually going slower than you would have flying straight. This gives the person with the initial alt advantage who didn't dive the ability to be able to use their stored E more effectively and gain the rope.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 11:25:25 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2024, 11:59:11 AM »
This gives the person with the initial alt advantage who didn't dive the ability to be able to use their stored E more effectively and gain the rope.

and if both do the same level merge it becomes a gentle circling rate fight that ends up being HO (or front quarter) joust/collision matches...  boring. 

if both dive (or immediately reverse on a level merge) the vertical aspect is more in play with additional variables where it could become a spiraling (up/dwn) fight or a looping fight - basically more about outflying than out shooting - which is what the above leads to, best (or decides to shoot) shot, not best flyer.

that's the two schools in a nutshell - fun vs ego
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 01:38:14 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2024, 03:00:30 PM »

and if both do the same level merge it becomes a gentle circling rate fight that ends up being HO (or front quarter) joust/collision matches...  boring. 

if both dive (or immediately reverse on a level merge) the vertical aspect is more in play with additional variables where it could become a spiraling (up/dwn) fight or a looping fight - basically more about outflying than out shooting - which is what the above leads to, best (or decides to shoot) shot, not best flyer.

that's the two schools in a nutshell - fun vs ego

In a perfect world, both planes being the same, they would always come to a HO position after their turns. In most professional duels, who ever gets the shot before the other points the nose at them is the winner. That being said, I agree it's not fun, especially HOing if both planes are clearly pointed nose at each other when the player shoots. The goal is who can get the shot solution first before the other guy gets his nose on you. That being said, it certainly ain't much fun to duel like that. Which is why I had did have sympathy for you during your duels with Skyyr since I knew you were going off nose to avoid the HO and set up an angle on purpose. Nornally if you can avoid the HO and set up the angle while they try to shoot you are going to come out ahead because it takes more E for them to go for the shot. It's usually always been understood in AH duels that you don't shoot nose on after the first merge even if the player turns their nose away so I can see why you were upset about those duels. I do completely understand where you are coming from regarding having to actually out maneuver your opponent vs getting the quick nose on snap shot. The former being much more fun and what AH duels use to be about.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Baloo

• Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2024, 08:56:52 PM »
I'm down! I love the J as much as the L  :rock  :salute
Squadron: Arabian Knights

In Game Name: AKBaloo

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2024, 06:44:03 AM »
Skyyr

Thanks for proving my point this last week..

A superior pilot in ma in a late war plane ruins gameplay these days..

If you are going to be Knight to see where I am so you can then switch countries to hunt me down for the next hour...can you at least do it in a midwar plane so I have at least a snowballs chance in my g2 ...your la7 isn't fair at all..

As I won't be in ma tonight..you should join us tonight in MNM for something different

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2024, 08:07:13 AM »
Skyyr Thanks for proving my point this last week.. A superior pilot in ma in a late war plane ruins gameplay these days..
If you are going to be Knight to see where I am so you can then switch countries to hunt me down for the next hour...can you at least do it in a midwar plane so I have at least a snowballs chance in my g2 ...your la7 isn't fair at all.. As I won't be in ma tonight..you should join us tonight in MNM for something different.
Eagler

I actually witnessed this, skyyr switching to rook while his skwaddies stayed knit.  As skyyr was camp-vulching you off base, his skwaddies (snakeiis and silendt) conveniently left the immediate area.  Silendt seemed to be afk, tho', Snakeiis not so much.

Quite sus to say the least.

I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2024, 08:18:48 AM »
If you are going to be Knight to see where I am

I have zero interest in placating your requests nor do I give a damn about where you are. There is nothing that even requires "seeing" where you are when the kill feed shows exactly where you are. I literally did nothing but avoid you two nights ago, because you made these retarded accusations that I was hunting you in a previous post, when you were the one coming at me. So, I decided to film and purposely avoid you the entire night.

What did you do? You came at me, repeatedly, every night, like you always do. I never sought you out nor fired a single round at you until you did (on purpose, to prove a point, because I knew you'd post something stupid like this), both sorties. I even passed you on purpose to engage someone else, while filming, to prove you are the one who comes at me, and you did it predictably and beautifully.

I filmed all of it too, so please, save your lame accusations of "hunting" you. I have zero interest in you or wasting time. And stop with the fake outrage and surprise. I am done being sporting with you or trying to give you a chance (which I regrettably have done before). I'm not even going to give you the decency of a reply any longer. Consider this my last-ever acknowledgement of you.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 08:42:28 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2024, 08:29:27 AM »
Just asking for you to handicap yourself for the benefit of the game..

Some egos are just too inflated I guess..

I enjoy the challenge your fights add to the game but to deny hunting some of us is ridiculous on your part..as is your LA7 speedster

See you in MNM?

Eagler

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2024, 09:00:19 AM »

Eagler, I truly respect you, but I don't think this is going to have the effect you and several others think it will.  Trying to handicap a small percentage of the playerbase is not going to change how the MAJORITY of the players actually play.  A handful of good pilots flying midwar planes is not going to prevent the ganging, HOing, running, hording bases, timidness, and general piss poor gameplay that a larger percentage of the players partake in.  It's just not. 
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2024, 09:04:33 AM »
Eagler, I truly respect you, but I don't think this is going to have the effect you and several others think it will.  Trying to handicap a small percentage of the playerbase is not going to change how the MAJORITY of the players actually play.  A handful of good pilots flying midwar planes is not going to prevent the ganging, HOing, running, hording bases, timidness, and general piss poor gameplay that a larger percentage of the players partake in.  It's just not.

When a pilot is as good as Skyyr I don't see the big deal asking them to use inferior planes for a month to see if that could change ma gameplay...

Of course all decent pilots would have to participate but as this is the 22nd and it hasn't happened yet I am not expecting it..

But I see zero harm calling it out

I would like to have Skyyr kill me in an la5 instead of an la7..is that too much to ask? Lol

<S>

Eagler
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 09:06:13 AM by Eagler »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2024, 09:41:35 AM »

Alternatively, couldn't you just practice until you are as good as he is?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2024, 09:43:25 AM »
I would like to have Skyyr kill me in an la5 instead of an la7..is that too much to ask? Lol
<S>
Eagler

Yes. Fun vs ego.  He seems to have returned with a huge chip on his shoulder.

Doubt you'll ever see him in MNM more than once, if even that.

But... he has also been in some mid war rides, just not consistently.