Author Topic: nrshida versus Skyyr - conclusion squared  (Read 3611 times)

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
Re: nrshida versus Skyyr - conclusion squared
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2024, 11:13:24 AM »
I think that was Fester in the P40? I remember a 40+ in a 262 also.

Morf  :cheers:

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2024, 12:38:54 PM »
I think that was Fester in the P40? I remember a 40+ in a 262 also.

Morf  :cheers:

Maybe it was Daedalus [sp] I know he could make that P40 dance. Of course that was when the P40’s flaps would deploy at about any speed.

<S>

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2024, 05:31:31 PM »
Also many more chances for kills with the numbers back then.

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline maxy

• Copper Member
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2024, 08:25:33 PM »

This is how I envision you people.

haha agree

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2024, 12:25:05 PM »
Imagine...

Imagine being so autistically sociopathic that you cannot accept or even allow it to be said that some people would play a computer game for anything other than results, score or domination.

IDGAF about my score if I did I would not have spent the majority of my time in this game fighting underneath furballs or flying alone out-numbered with no hope to prevail. Nor would I have uploaded the Ertus duels ahf already knowing the outcome. Nor would I have bailed from half a dozen of those ’23-3 duels’ you’re now spinning or held fire in many of the others. I care about your score even less, and most especially the significance of it. I told you already: we’ve been playing a different game. People who flew with me know what I was about and I had nothing to prove to anyone but myself.

Statistics lie all the time. Let’s take the duelling record you proudly touted in your signature for years. In the culture of Aces High a duel is a fair and even match to establish who is the better stick. You haven’t done that since you contemptuously arrived here. A really loose merge, draining the opponent's energy state while he thinks he’s getting an even fight and then getting aggressive against a disadvantaged-opponent is not duelling. Nor is it playing smart. Nor is it advanced ACM (the opposite actually). It is a passive-aggressive statistical workaround executed by a nervous accountant. You may as well have entered each fight with 50-m.p.h. more airspeed which is decisive at that level of fighting (and accepted as cheating). IMHO your duelling record means nothing and is little more than a cultural exploit.

But then you’re not from the Aces High culture are you. Just an exploiter of it. Everyone should watch that 99Capera duel. Not only will you see the safest, easy mode, gheyest selection of merges known to man, you’ll also see why the flying is secondary to the main purpose:

“No, lets keep going”.
"Im going to show you just how little you know about flying”.
On Discord (I presume):- “I’m in Match Play, I’m just beating the crap out of Capera”

No you were frothing at the mouth with excitement to teach another player a lesson because he said critical things about you. He obviously hadn’t duelled for so long he still thought you had to choose a field to roll from. Ambivalence, ambiguity and dislike are facets of adult life. Experiences that will no doubt continue to elude you. Nobody cares if you think you are devaluing a real person from within the confines of a computer game. No. Body.

Not one of these great sticks mentioned in this thread - some of whom with far more advanced ACM than you could dream of - ever felt the need to address other players this way. Even smack talk accepted there was no systematic shaming motif or the perpetual potential blackmail of you publishing films to keep them quiet. Shaming, one of the hallmarks of your odious personality. They were here for the love of the flying. With you the flying is secondary. You can only make yourself feel good by making others feel bad. Classic sociopathic self-soothing.

“Everybody deserves a second chance” - HiTech about last December.

Yeah how is that working out for the broader community? You carry on like you own the place, with no regard to the experience of any other player. You just continue to flush your hideously enlarged and fragile ego down what you obviously consider to be the toilet of Aces High.

I remind you all, Skyyr was banned eight years ago for unfairly targeting players in-game which is considered a TOS violation. Since returning he’s done exactly the same with at least five players I know of and multiple occasions by means practically identical but not specifically spelled out in the outdated TOS. Admitted to Twitch-sniping Dolby and blatantly defying HiTech’s ban even reclaiming the Rusyn callsign. Yet my remarks are bad for the community. Apparently unoticed so-far just how many long-term players have unsubscribed in the last three months alone.

I think you (Skyyr) have either agreed to leave by youself to save face, or more likely under pressure before you get whacked with the ban-stick so hard you’ll still be whimpering about it eight years from now. I think you think you’re going to leave an indisputable record of ‘accomplishment’ here. No I'm afraid you're not. In our most charitable moments we might remember some selected aspects of your flying. For the most part you’ll be remembered as a proven liar and cheat. A sadistic computer game player with an online ego so inflated they disavowed their own wife’s maiden name to protect their online reputation because they got dirty brawling with old-fashioned AH turn-fighters. Online ego > family. Yes indeed, a fine legacy.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2024, 12:32:16 PM »
In the culture of Aces High a duel is a fair and even match to establish who is the better stick. You haven’t done that since you contemptuously arrived here. A really loose merge, draining the opponent's energy state while he thinks he’s getting an even fight and then getting aggressive against a disadvantaged-opponent is not duelling. Nor is it playing smart. Nor is it advanced ACM (the opposite actually). It is a passive-aggressive statistical workaround executed by a nervous accountant. You may as well have entered each fight with 50-m.p.h. more airspeed which is decisive at that level of fighting (and accepted as cheating). IMHO your duelling record means nothing and is little more than a cultural exploit.

I'm just singling this part out because it really makes me scratch my head.  Are you proposing that no moves should be made in duels until after the first merge?  Because if that's the case, I've been dueling wrong my entire career, which dates back to 2007.  Pretty much everyone I have ever dueled began making moves to gain an advantage on their opponent as soon as they were in icon range because that's what good pilots do.  I'm genuinely curious what you mean by this quoted statement.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2024, 12:53:45 PM »
Are you proposing that no moves should be made in duels until after the first merge?

No.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2024, 01:44:30 PM »
No.

Care to further elaborate?  I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but I'm trying to wrap my head around your statement. 
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2024, 01:51:52 PM »
Care to further elaborate?  I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but I'm trying to wrap my head around your statement.
\

It means you don't ho people just because you need an achievement.  :noid :neener: :bolt:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2024, 02:05:51 PM »
Quote from: nrshida
Imagine being so autistically sociopathic that you cannot accept or even allow it to be said that some people would play a computer game for anything other than results, score or domination.

Ah yes, projection combined with a fallacy. I never stated others couldn't play for such reasons; I simply don't myself. You really have a hard time with objectivity when forming statements. And yes, I am autistic. Just because I've utilized it as a strength doesn't make your loss any less worse.

However, perhaps ironically, it is EXTREMELY rare for someone to be both autistic and sociopathic, largely because the thought processes typical of each are generally in direct conflict. In fact, most autistic persons come across as sociopaths because they lack regard for social interactions and indicators; they are not, however, sociopaths nor lack empathy. If you were even halfway as intelligent as you present yourself, you'd have known that when typing.

So now you've contradicted yourself while trying to roleplay some kind of clinical psychologist. Whatever, I wouldn't expect any less bigotry from someone like you.

IDGAF about my score

You were the first person to bring up score, claiming I was Ertus and that you won. Then, when it was revealed I wasn't and that you actually lost the Ertus' fights and also to me, suddenly you "don't care about score." You and you alone brought up score, so quit complaining. You wanted score, you got score.

And you absolutely care, because you claimed our duels were "friendly" despite the fact we had never spoke prior. I literally never interacted with you, except for on the forums some 9 years prior. Further, upon watching the Ertus duels, there was literally no communication in those either, just matchplay rounds. It's very apparent you're attempting to minimize your 23-3 loss by claiming "I meant to do that" after the fact. 

A really loose merge, draining the opponent's energy state while he thinks he’s getting an even fight and then getting aggressive against a disadvantaged-opponent is not duelling. Nor is it playing smart. Nor is it advanced ACM (the opposite actually). It is a passive-aggressive statistical workaround executed by a nervous accountant. You may as well have entered each fight with 50-m.p.h. more airspeed which is decisive at that level of fighting (and accepted as cheating). IMHO your duelling record means nothing and is little more than a cultural exploit.

You see, this makes me smile, genuinely, because it shows just how little you actually know about ACM. In fact, it tells me that your only actual experience with ACM comes from Aces High. Flying with a focus on energy is literally how flying is done in not only other sims, but (closely) in real life. It looks slightly different in jets because of the > 1:1 thrust/weight ratio and missiles; but otherwise, the tactics and even the gunnery are philosophically identically.

You're so... inexperienced with ACM that you think managing energy on the merge is a workaround or cheap trick, when in reality that is the pinnacle of ACM. Your argument is akin to saying a simulator about making money shouldn't be played with regards to noting how much money you have as a player. Your energy level dictates everything. If you've ever watched the top sticks in IL2, DCS, or War Thunder Sim/FR battles, you'd see it looks almost IDENTICAL to my flying. But let's ignore this, because it's anecdotal. Let's dissect your half-witted understanding of ACM.

The entire goal of ACM is to achieve a position from where a kill or attack can be made on an enemy aircraft. In fact, that is also the definition of ACM. Even good ole' wikipedia defines it the same way: "Air combat manoeuvring (ACM) is the tactic of moving, turning, and situating one's fighter aircraft in order to attain a position from which an attack can be made on another aircraft." In short, ACM is the art of killing your opponent. Now, the irony here is that this is understood in virtual every simulator group... except Aces High.

In ACM, your goal is to achieve a position that reliably kills your opponent. It doesn't matter if it's from below, above, the side - wherever. It doesn't matter as long as it's reliable and repeatable. Now, all things being equal, energy is what dictates tactics choice. Ergo, energy conservation is the primary concern, because everything should stem from that. Game Theory, which dictates logic (or rather, should dictate logic) in competitive engagements, states that if a certain move or decision will trump other moves or decisions, then that decision should always be made. Ergo, if an energy merge will trump any other type of merge, then that merge should be made whenever possible. Ironically, here you are calling it a feeble choice while coincidentally trying to pass off your entire fallacy-ridden post as logical. But we'll come back to this.

Because you never learned what ACM is (outside of rote memorization), you think an energy merge is both a lack of ACM and a choice to avoid combat. In reality, it's the most basic endeavor because all decision-making stems from the results of the merge. Ironically, your inability to understand this is precisely why you lost and would absolutely fail in any other sim. It's also the same reason you lost resoundingly after you lectured me on ACM before the first time we ever met. You are a novice parading as someone knowledgeable on the topic.

What you're really implying here is that being good at the merge is a crutch and that, if someone was actually good, they'd let the other player have the upper hand at the merge. So, let's dissect this logically.

If winning an energy merge is an advantage, then not winning it must imply the opposite: it's a disadvantage. You're saying that the other pilot should start at a disadvantage and prove their ability to reverse the situation. Once again, this assertion is actually a self-defeating argument. Why? Because you just argued I only beat you because of the merge. If the merge is simply one minor aspect, then you should be able to reverse the situation. And if it's not a minor aspect of combat, then by your own admission, you're focusing on the wrong tactics. In fact, your entire assertion is ironically what you failed to do: reverse an energy disadvantage. If your "ACM skills" were so superior, why can't you handle it? What you're implying is that getting an energy advantage on the merge sets the entire fight, while simultaneously implying that a good pilot could reverse that situation. Not only does this contradict itself, you're implying that you yourself lack skill and ability, because even you couldn't do this.

Now, let's not stop there. I actually let you have the upper hand in several fights. During a few sets of vertical "AH scissors" (because for some reason the flight model doesn't actually allow a real rolling scissors to naturally progress), you went vertical and I disengaged for better positioning. You had the altitude and energy advantage at this point. I then reset/remerged with you and killed you 2 or 3 times, using your choice to go vertical while slow against you. You claimed this was "not fair." Once again, you think there are "fair" and "unfair" maneuvers in regards to vertical turns.

ACM isn't a sport; there are no unfair maneuvers that "break" ACM. ACM is a systemized approach to selecting and executing maneuvers in response to an opponent. If a maneuver "beats" your ACM execution, then it means that maneuver was either superior or your own execution was subpar. Additionally, that maneuver itself is a legitimate part of ACM (or BFM). Further, that maneuver can be classified and categorized under existing BFM or ACM. The fact you claim a maneuver that you lost to "isn't ACM" ironically tells everyone you have no idea what ACM is at all. See, there's a pattern here: any time you lose with a tactic you can't correlate with ACM (which you've stated many times: my flying isn't ACM), you claim it's not ACM. And that is precisely why you lose, because you never understood what it is to begin with.

You want me (and others) to fly the way you've learned; you want to play the game of prolonged flat turns and flaps, etc. You want things to progress the way you want them and when they don't, you claim it's to cover up a deficiency. In reality, this is your attempt to cover up your own deficiencies.

See, in the most basic of terms, what you've really stated is that you want an opponent to make a mistake, and then recover. That's really what you're looking for, because you haven't reached a point where you understand how to control the fight. That's why you claim an excuse or claim my flying isn't ACM when describing your losses, because you don't know how to control a fight from a distinct energy disadvantage. And because you have your understanding backwards and upside down, you can't even process it correctly.

That's you in a nutshell: you're a novice, trying to explain away your loss. You've been lecturing people on ACM for years, only to lose to the guy you tried to correct on flying tactics. You were even ignorant enough to say "you don't fly energy, you fly GEOMETRY!!!" My God, what did you think ACM is? It's literally nothing more than geometry and vectors. The fact you had to type that out tells me you never knew what ACM really was, and you still don't.

I'd love to get more into more specifics, but my genuine concern is that you might realize I'm being 100% genuine and you'd actually learn something. I'd much rather watch you flounder, not understanding the topic you're trying to lecture others on.

But then you’re not from the Aces High culture are you. Just an exploiter of it.

Nope. I come from sims where both players fight to win and energy merges are the norm.

Everyone should watch that 99Capera duel. Not only will you see the safest, easy mode, gheyest selection of merges known to man

Sorry, I neither challenged 99capera nor did I talk trash. He challenged me. He demanded I duel him. He even picked the planes. So no, I'm not going to be polite or accommodating when someone who intended to humiliate me then tries to back out of the situation they requested.

Classic sociopathic self-soothing.

It's funny that the person who tried to lie about a set of fights and falsely claimed I was someone else, who falsely brought up score, then made a massive set of posts claiming they don't care about score, then lied and claimed we were "friendly" and such, called someone else a sociopath.

I think you (Skyyr) have either agreed to leave by youself to save face, or more likely under pressure before you get whacked with the ban-stick

Nope, I'm genuinely bored and I have other obligations out of country starting again next month, that's why I said I'm likely leaving. Games have never meant much, outside of their competitive challenge. They're more of a past time where you get to watch people post walls of text to explain away their suckage.

Further, the effort required to get back up to 100% of where I was just isn't worth it when you consider the number of active players here. 60-80 on average here vs 1200+ in others.

blah blah blah ad hominem because I have nothing else blah blah

Ah yes, ad hominem attacks from someone who fell flat on their face. How predictably... fallacious. Underneath your veneer of logic and reason there is, well, nothing. But hey, you do you. Maybe in 14 years you'll be able to understand what ACM is and make good on your claims of what works, instead of being beaten by someone who quite literally hadn't touched a joystick in 6 years. That is if you haven't quit (again) for the 20th time.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 04:44:54 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2024, 02:15:44 PM »
The fire grows larger!  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2024, 02:20:48 PM »
Shida, you're better than this...

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: nrshida versus Skyyr - conclusion cubed
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2024, 02:09:22 PM »
I never stated others couldn't play for such reasons; I simply don't myself.

Simply, hmmmmmm. Yes indeed, we can all see your tolerance of other people’s gameplay or abilities. We can tell by the way you’re now flaming the forums up thrice-times daily and upwards because of your tolerance.  :)

And yes, I am autistic…

However, perhaps ironically, it is EXTREMELY rare for someone to be both autistic and sociopathic, largely because the thought processes typical of each are generally in direct conflict.

Well it had to be one or the other at this point. Was actually rather hoping it was the other.  :rolleyes:

your loss
your loss
your loss
your loss

This 23-3 ‘defeat’ you’re now relentlessly spinning as a formal duel is flat-out lying. I know it’s pointless to suggest you do it but anyone can watch your films and look how many times I bailed for no good reason (MPA counts that as a victory) or held fire. Not that it would bother me if it was 46-3, this isn’t to do with losing or flying at all but your constant attempts at attacking AH players and pouring derision without end. You try and threaten me with a humiliation of the same magnitude as the Muppets then do it then. Bluff called and now what have you got left? You call RotBaron a liar when you continue to do it at every turn and continue to wriggle when so obviously caught. Same business when I joined the duelling queue with you in a P-47 and me a G-14 and killed you right quick. You said it was a mismatch which I accepted but as soon as I’m manoeuvring a G-14 against a Brewster I suck. You’re a hypocritical, blackmailing, ego-centric braggart. With autism.

You were the first person to bring up score, claiming I was Ertus and that you won.
Yeah to get the film I wanted. Knew you had it. Knew you’d cough it up when properly motivated  “Lick along this line —————— for the taste of defeat“ lmao. Zack1234 would’ve really liked that. I crack myself up sometimes.  :rofl

You're so... inexperienced with ACM that you think managing energy on the merge is a workaround or cheap trick, when in reality that is the pinnacle of ACM.

Yes I had already concluded it was as such elsewhere and that the internal culture of AH had different values several years before you were unbanned. Krupinski showed up once again after leaving to play IL2 whatevs for ages and joined me and a friend JoBravo when we were dossing about in the MPA. If you could avoid his HO shot in the merge - which we thought was a pretty rude actually - then he was essentially ‘entropy-fighting’ (if you’ll allow me to coin a phrase, as you know I can’t read). Even during the fights I was thinking to myself: “Well of course he’s going to win doing that” and wondered why a (former) AH player would.

The entire goal of ACM is to achieve a position from where a kill or attack can be made on an enemy aircraft.

The entire goal of AH is - or was at least in its heyday - entertainment / self-challenge / flying with and against decent people who shared the hobby and interest. What you’re describing is a day job. An execution of an entirely known pattern of repeated patterns with little room for creativity or expression. Maybe it’s your autism that finds that enticing. W.T.F. anyone would want to play a recreational computer game with the same efficiency and productivity constraints in accord with the rest of the industrialised world is beyond my description of a hobby. Of course some of us have more to prove than others or some are indulging in the fantasy that they are real pilots.

Now, the irony here is that this is understood in virtual every simulator group... except Aces High.

…and yet, here you are!!!! Years and years of disdain, contempt for the community, the flight-modelling, condescension, lecturing, trolling, accusations of lying, shaming & insulting videos on YouTube with names of players in every title and yet you keep coming back, again and again whether you are banned or not. Perhaps you can explain the following dichotomy to me:- If you’re using the most effective lowest-risk-to-highest-results tactics known, with the best-suited late-war planes to that task, and choosing when it suits you to engage and disengage (all of those things a gaming luxury seldom afforded to real combat pilots in the war), then how exactly can you claim to be awesome. Especially within the confines of a game you KNOW isn't really focussed on that. Or wasn't before it became the present flaming dumpster.

They're more of a past time where you get to watch people post walls of text to explain away their suckage.

Yeah we’ve noticed you’re not really here for the flying.

Ah yes, ad hominem attacks from someone who fell flat on their face. How predictably... fallacious.

Look who’s talking. Telling players they suck day-in-day-out for years, uploading videos to YouTube with lol appended to the end of the title and endlessly discussing people’s suckage is in no way whatsoever an ad hominem attack. lol But of course you perceive it differently when you do it to others.  :old:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2024, 02:14:58 PM »
Shida, you're better than this...

Yeah nah, I'm really not brah. One thing I cannot stand is a weak bully. Really brings out the worst in me. Watch...
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2024, 02:15:52 PM »
that's why I said I'm likely leaving.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-