Author Topic: Killing ALL Hangars  (Read 293 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Killing ALL Hangars
« on: April 16, 2024, 11:50:08 AM »
WISH:  I wish that it was impossible to kill all hangars on a base. At least one fighter hangar on AF and one vehicle hangar on VB should be indestructible.

REASON:  Killing the hangars kills the fight. Plain and simple.

COUNTER:  "Well just kill the bombers before they bomb the hangars."  Ya know, I can't shoot friendly bombers.

"But how will we take the base if you can't kill all the hangars?!?!?!"  War of attrition, my friends. 

I'm willing to have an educated discussion about this.  Not just "this is a terrible idea -1"

So, what are your thoughts?
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Re: Killing ALL Hangars
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 11:57:52 AM »
I think the main thing is that if you are defending your base against a hoard of enemy gvs that someone can stop the onslaught by killing the VH at the base they are spawning from. If you make one indestructible you might as well make them all indestructible as there would be no reason to bomb them.

Killing all the VH at a vbases was a pain as I recall because you can't get them in one pass and the 15 min timer is already ticking once you jkill the first one.

How does that "war of attrition" going to work against the morning bish hoard or when you're the lower number country getting ganged by the other two?

What I'm saying is that in my opinion I'm not it would be an improvement to game play.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 01:50:22 PM »
I think the main thing is that if you are defending your base against a hoard of enemy gvs that someone can stop the onslaught by killing the VH at the base they are spawning from. If you make one indestructible you might as well make them all indestructible as there would be no reason to bomb them.

Killing all the VH at a vbases was a pain as I recall because you can't get them in one pass and the 15 min timer is already ticking once you jkill the first one.

How does that "war of attrition" going to work against the morning bish hoard or when you're the lower number country getting ganged by the other two?

What I'm saying is that in my opinion I'm not it would be an improvement to game play.

I tend to agree with this as a guy who likes to bust hangars on occasion. I do look at the situation first, though. Are they just playing around tanking/furballing, or is there an actual take in the works?

I'd lose interest and be out of a "job" if this were to be changed.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 01:54:17 PM by thndregg »
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024, 02:13:59 PM »

You need to be on in the am when one country has 3 or 4 to 1 numbers and can have enough guys to kill a base and wf a town. Then you got the absurd long flight from a back field to try and get there. The other thing is the common theme of two countries ganging one country in the evening which puts one at a great disadvantage in the fight all ready and then to kill the fighter hangers is just the nail in the coffin. Literally watched two guys log last night stating they didn’t want to make the flight from a back base again.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024, 02:19:24 PM »
I tend to agree with this as a guy who likes to bust hangars on occasion. I do look at the situation first, though. Are they just playing around tanking/furballing, or is there an actual take in the works?

Maybe code it to wear each hanger is early mid and late war. With the early war hanger indestructible and still give guys that want to defend a chance.
The am hours are the worst for this as there is usually only one or two defending a horde of 8-10. The evening hours I have seen several times a decent fur ball get going and rook tus show up and kill the fighter hangars and just fly away.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2024, 03:42:30 PM »
WISH:  I wish that it was impossible to kill all hangars on a base. At least one fighter hangar on AF and one vehicle hangar on VB should be indestructible.

REASON:  Killing the hangars kills the fight. Plain and simple.

COUNTER:  "Well just kill the bombers before they bomb the hangars."  Ya know, I can't shoot friendly bombers.

"But how will we take the base if you can't kill all the hangars?!?!?!"  War of attrition, my friends. 

I'm willing to have an educated discussion about this.  Not just "this is a terrible idea -1"

So, what are your thoughts?

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2024, 04:50:33 PM »

But who can I turn to?!?!
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2024, 07:29:34 PM »

Taking out vh’s is my favorite thing to do ever. Now and then I like to flatten a base with lancs help a take or stop one but it takes a few passes even on the small ones so it’s a pretty short effect when doing it solo.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2024, 03:05:39 AM »
Even if there was 1 FH up in a base targeted by a hoard, TO would be almost impossible because one trying it would be vulched immediately.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2024, 01:51:11 PM »
Even if there was 1 FH up in a base targeted by a hoard, TO would be almost impossible because one trying it would be vulched immediately.

Maybe make the auto acks indestructible to prevent vulching?

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2024, 02:24:34 PM »
Maybe make the auto acks indestructible to prevent vulching?

Like in Finnish Virtual Pilots server in IL-2, yes. That might solve one problem but probable create another one.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2024, 02:35:15 PM »
Like in Finnish Virtual Pilots server in IL-2, yes. That might solve one problem but probable create another one.

Like pilots permanently hugging ack more than they do now. 

-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2024, 02:26:30 AM »
Like pilots permanently hugging ack more than they do now.

Most probably yes. Also, taking a base by grunting field MR would become impossible. And I love to annihilate trooping M3s next to it, just when they are going to release their piglets. With that one remaining 37mm, which has popped up without horders noticing it...   
The Mad   CatMan!