Author Topic: The integrity of the game and players is lost  (Read 4380 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: The integrity of the game and players is lost
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2024, 09:24:12 AM »
Another Skyyr post  :(

Violator, I love you, bro.  We've grown up together in this game.  I understand your frustration, I do, but posts like this aren't going to help.  Take a step back and look at what this game has provided us, and continues to provide us, and do not let one player determine your fun.  Take this from someone that doesn't have a dog in the fight. 

I hope you stick around.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2024, 09:56:56 AM »

Violator, I love you, bro.  We've grown up together in this game.  I understand your frustration, I do, but posts like this aren't going to help.  Take a step back and look at what this game has provided us, and continues to provide us, and do not let one player determine your fun.  Take this from someone that doesn't have a dog in the fight. 

I hope you stick around.

Yeah, it's provided me a lot over the years and one thing I can guarantee is that I've paid more money than Skyyr over the months ive played. It's a shame it's come to this but skyyr is just the icing of a few other things that I'm getting tired of. Besides the gameplay and war strategy issues I'm seeing, the rubber bullets phenomenon I have is also really pissing me off but I'm not sure if it's a HTC thing or what even though my internet seems strong. It seems like bullets I shoot in a lead where I can't see the bullets hit, aren't doing strong damage. I notice in my videos of me hitting planes in a lead and doing no damage. I watch countless bullets hit planes and they just fly away or continue easily fighting me. This gets me picked and ganged and it's hard to enjoy that.

Sorry Banshee but nope, I will keep posting until Hitech gives me and the community a response to this. I will not not let this slide. Multiple posts about him are for a reason and added up you can see a trend that people are fed up with his crap.

One player is determining my fun when they switch and target me EVERY TIME I PLAY for 30min I get time to play, the second I get a kill and it shows up any time of the day because he never logs off. I watch him do it every time. I don't play this game to have HO fights with Skyyr every sortie because of his sick deranged kill count and trying to target me and get a kill count and try to ruin my sorties.

Again, no player in Aces High history has ever gamed the game this way  to target players and it needs to be addressed.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 10:05:45 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2024, 09:57:58 AM »

I hope you stick around.

That last part is the problem Banshee. It’s not continuing to provide the fun they used to have when they’ve become a target of Syyr the sociopath. He truly is. I’ve never once seen him give anyone a gf, ns, <S> or anything else resembling sportsmanship. It’s always good job you 3 (sarcasm) or some other excuse. But far from the worst part is his continuous berating, belittling and insulting running commentary all day long with numerous players.

For a guy on “probation” he sure doesn’t act like it by crapping all over everyone, everyday.

His behavior is nothing but toxic. See GasTeddy’s post ^ for reference how someone relatively new here, but long enough to notice the difference since his return.

The list is longer than Violator posted, but not everyone is on here to mention it.

The garbage claim he switches “for the fights” was disproven the other day when he moved to Bish when they were trying to win the map (they did); there were a few Rooks still trying to prevent it but he was there after one of his obsessions. I was tanking to avoid his OCD for me… It’s far from the only example I have, just the most recent.

Skyyr: reply if you’re compelled, but I’m done conversing with you here.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2024, 10:10:37 AM »
That 40 page post of Hitechs mistake of letting you back proves that dozens of players think you do and have done shady stuff here and other games and many were very disappointed about this horrible decision. Now we can see that you haven't changed and are still doing the same crap as before. Destroying the integrity of the MA and targeting specific players repeatedly and chasing them around the map to their fights.

I'm about done with Aces high since there is 0 strategy anymore with kill message, dot dar, consistent ganging, dweeb squads, and lack of war strategy effort, and now it's really not fun getting chased around the map by a sociopath and his squad every time I get a kill.
That last part is the problem Banshee. It’s not continuing to provide the fun they used to have when they’ve become a target of Syyr the sociopath. He truly is. I’ve never once seen him give anyone a gf, ns, <S> or anything else resembling sportsmanship. It’s always good job you 3 (sarcasm) or some other excuse. But far from the worst part is his continuous berating, belittling and insulting running commentary all day long with numerous players.

For a guy on “probation” he sure doesn’t act like it by crapping all over everyone, everyday.

His behavior is nothing but toxic. See GasTeddy’s post ^ for reference how someone relatively new here, but long enough to notice the difference since his return.

The list is longer than Violator posted, but not everyone is on here to mention it.

The garbage claim he switches “for the fights” was disproven the other day when he moved to Bish when they were trying to win the map (they did); there were a few Rooks still trying to prevent it but he was there after one of his obsessions. I was tanking to avoid his OCD for me… It’s far from the only example I have, just the most recent.

Skyyr: reply if you’re compelled, but I’m done conversing with you here.

Respectfully dudes you just make yourselves a bigger target, the game is a shell and flight sims overall are niche, and good players in this genre are even more rare. You already realize the time here is limited, maybe in a few years there won't be an enjoyable flight sim to play at all, you never know. So the way I see it there are a few options: get better and beat them, assume for a moment nobody is out to get you and be friendly with the other rare good players in this genre, or move onto another game.

Skyyr and myself had animosity in the past, but recently I came back to the game for a few days after watching his stream. We even did some 1v1s and I can tell you he is not cheating, do you see either of us posting videos or bragging about score? Anyways if you guys want to live out your final flying days here in a rage, that is your choice.. I certainly moved on from that negativity a long time ago and hope others will too.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 10:14:04 AM by Krupinski »

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2024, 10:13:03 AM »
Man theres usually only 1 front... at most, 2 furballs. When i switch teams i feel like skyyr is hunting me too.  He clearly isnt. He leads the pack on every front, so of course youre going to run into him..

I think this is a stretch man. I put down the bottle about a year ago, perhaps its time brotha.

Maybe try learning from him, instead of raging. Hes a pretty ok guy if you dont poke him.. which 85% of people do. Look at his interactions with new players / unknowns.
He might have a bit of an edge, but ive been saying this for literal years, long before he came back. Maybe next time try "Hey Skyyr, care to teach me a few things?" Instead of this..

And, to be fair, the game style and scpreboard are older than both of us..

PS @Skyyr no way its weed, man  :old:
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2024, 10:23:46 AM »
Man theres usually only 1 front... at most, 2 furballs. When i switch teams i feel like skyyr is hunting me too.  He clearly isnt. He leads the pack on every front, so of course youre going to run into him..

I think this is a stretch man. I put down the bottle about a year ago, perhaps its time brotha.

Maybe try learning from him, instead of raging. Hes a pretty ok guy if you dont poke him.. which 85% of people do. Look at his interactions with new players / unknowns.
He might have a bit of an edge, but ive been saying this for literal years, long before he came back. Maybe next time try "Hey Skyyr, care to teach me a few things?" Instead of this..

Teach me? I'm better than him at almost every aspect of air combat statistically measurable in AH but we could go around and around on that im sure. Tough vs a guy who flies 6-8 hours a day in the air, is always logged in, but should learn from me seeing as even knowing where im at and coming after me, he still has the hardest of time trying to kill me with me generally in the defensive. I never said he's a bad stick. I'm exposing faulty tactics he uses which should be frowned upon. I wasnt drinking or smoking in these engagements. That being said, I've played long enough to know shadiness when I see it. It's not a stretch when I have many examples over the last few months watching him switch right when I get a kill and come after me. Come out 60 miles to kill me at my CV trtying to shoot some TU2s. No one else does this. No matter the fight. I don't have time to play much. So my sorties matter to me from a time perspective and when I see this crap happen consistently, I know what's he's trying to do and I'm going to call it out because it's ruining the integrity of the MA for me and others.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 10:28:14 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Professor_Fate

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2024, 10:49:08 AM »

Anyone whose named after a bovine sour milk yogurt (Skyr) is all right in my book.
Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2024, 10:51:56 AM »
Unfortunately this is the virtual world we live in now. HT has checked out and riding this game into the ground. Can’t really blame him. He’s worked hard for decades keeping this thing going and it’s been awesome. The sad thing is it appears he’s now willing to compromise his integrity fifteen bucks at a time which is accelerating the demise of the game rather than just letting it fade away peacefully.

Why HT let Skyyr back I’ll never understand. Specifically as “Skyyr”. HT could’ve just let him play under one of his multitude shades if it was really just about playing the game. But no. Skyyr had to be himself so he could let his ego loose on the community again. He’s absolutely driven by it. Obsessed with it. It’s not good enough just to be a great stick. He has to belittle, berate, taunt, hunt and otherwise ruin others experience. Not just occasionally but whenever and wherever possible. That’s the real fun for him. Any of us who aren’t wrapped around his ankles can see it. He has 100% run off past and present players with his sociopathic behavior. He and his toadies are going to chime in and say it’s simply because he’s THAT good (“DA me bro!”). But there have been many over the years just as good or better without the vitriol. Everything is about, not just how good he is, but how pathetic and stupid others are compared to him. I see it just about every single time I’m logged on now. His ego is what got him banned in the first place. Now he appears to be doing things similar to what got him banned and we’re just supposed to take a liar at his word? This is a guy who creates fake BBS accounts to back himself up. For every video he posts to support his claims (whatever they are at any given moment), there are likely ten more on his hard own drive that refute the same thing.

Imagine you had a bar (AH) and a customer (Skyyr) comes in and pees on it. You throw him out because it’s just not good for business. Then you let him back because you’re a little short on cash he’s buying 4 beers at a time and promises to behave. Shortly thereafter he takes out a spray bottle and starts wiping down the bar. Cool he’s clearly changed! But the bar starts to stink and the regulars see the spray bottle is full of urine. Sure he’s not whipping his junk and making it rain. But there’s still piss on the bar.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2024, 11:07:00 AM »
Teach me? I'm better than him at almost every aspect of air combat statistically measurable in AH but we could go around and around on that im sure.

I've played long enough to know shadiness when I see it.

I'm going to offer you a genuine reply. No insult, nothing but honesty.

Your ego is what gets you killed. I've highlighted your reply showing it in action. You literally claim to be so much better, then you immediately cry foul play and shadiness. This is what gets you killed and makes you look like an idiot when you report such things to Hitech. I'll explain.

I'm flying on the same country as fdski.

SYSTEM: "Violator has shot down fdski"

Well, fdski was literally half a grid north of me, so I decide to go after you. Hmmm, I wonder what you were in?

* check the stats page *
* stats page shows Violator killed fdski while flying an F4U-4 *
* note the grid where fdski died *
* note there is a dar bar indicating 1 con *
* a single con shows up over the TU-2s *
* I ask the TU-2 pilot "what's over you?" *
* TU-2 replies: "a -4" *

That's precisely how I found you.

Further, you then make the audacious claim here that I didn't get hit by ship ack. If you actually watched the film, you'd have seen I got hit by ship ack multiple times and I even lost one of my 20mm cannons. So if you were to ever send in film to Hitech claiming I was undamaged, it'd be disregarded because you clearly didn't even watch your own film.

Let me repeat that: you posted a film of me, claiming I wasn't hit by ack, when the film clearly shows me getting hit multiple times with ship ack. That's how oblivious you are to how things work.

There was nothing dishonest, broken, or even "gamey" about how I found you. It was pure logic and deduction. You're upset because you were trying to pad your stats with bomber kills and you got caught, so you come and cry "cheat." And this is precisely why your complaints are never taken seriously, because there's nothing serious about them. There was no multiple accounts or hacks or cheats or even cheating, it's pure logic, deduction, and you being predictable.

It was that easy. There's no shadiness involved, just your own lack of imagination. Everything is a hack or a cheat to you because you can't comprehend anyone outsmarting you or predicting you. A la why you're still trying to figure out how I managed to get a speed advantage on most merges... TEN YEARS later.

Every single one of our encounters has been in line with the above. Even last night, our single encounter was from ONE account where I switched using the 6 hour timer. You're literally complaining that I did what *any* player could do. You then became so paranoid that you were accusing me of hunting you when I was literally on the other side of the map, not even remotely close to you. It's still saved on my stream and multiple people saw it and commented on how dumb you were.

Like I said, post the films here. They're natively timestamped. It should be VERY easy to show me fighting you on different accounts if I'm indeed switching fronts. You can't because it's never happened. You're upset that I'm online whenever you're on. You were complaining about this long before I even had a second account (which itself is telling).
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2024, 11:08:11 AM »
Same garbage as in '04 when I first started in my early 30's. It makes one weary to see it constantly regurgitated. Only the names have changed. This is pretty much why I and a few others create our own version of fun off the beaten path, and it leads to the creation of new fights and fun and getting to know some good sticks who behave themselves and have it within themselves to do the right thing, i.e. just be a good sport and not a sore loser stuck in the myopic obsession of finding any way of winning in any way possible- no matter how devious. Man up and win in the real world. Accept that you may win and definitely lose, sometimes badly, in the game and real life. Grow up. Humility is honorable.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2024, 11:18:30 AM »
Well, fdski was literally half a grid north of me, so I decide to go after you. Hmmm, I wonder what you were in?

* check the stats page *
* stats page shows Violator killed fdski while flying an F4U-4 *

That's precisely how I found you.

I'm only addressing this, haven't read the rest (yet.)

So, you're saying you left the game to check an outside source to confirm that it was your target, violator in the that area, specifically in an f4u-4 (defeating the built-in icon feature that prevents some plane type specific id until 800 yds), giving you access to tactical info that was unavailable in-game at that time?  Sure, you could have simply asked fdski and hope he replied. Did you?

I mean even checking ah film for hiding GVs forces you to log out of the game.

Just pointing this out.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 11:22:54 AM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2024, 11:21:13 AM »

I'm only addressing this, haven't read the rest (yet.)

So, you're saying you left the game to check an outside source to confirm that it was your target, violator in the that area, specifically in an f4u-4, giving you access to tactical info that was unavailable in-game at that time?  Sure, you could have simply asked fdski and hope he replied. Did you?

I mean even checking ah film for hiding GVs forces you to log out of the game.

Just pointing this out.

yep. Leave and come back. It's no different than checking film.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 11:23:03 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2024, 11:24:20 AM »
yep. Leave and come back. It's no different than checking film.

Effectively by-passing the in-game feature that prevents specific id on some plane types until you're 800 yds in.  Got it.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2024, 11:25:36 AM »
Effectively by-passing the in-game feature that prevents specific id on some plane types until you're 800 yds in.  Got it.

Nope. I asked Hitech about this back when I played last and he said that there wasn't anything wrong with checking such stats.

There's no guarantee that any player is still in said plane, as they could have landed or ditched, etc. It's simply using logic and deduction to predict the most likely scenario.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 11:28:51 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2024, 11:50:03 AM »
Does the sim still show diffierent size dar icons for bombers and fighters?