Author Topic: Puma44 Please Help This F4 Manual is Overloading My Brain  (Read 2508 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: Puma44 Please Help This F4 Manual is Overloading My Brain
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2024, 09:57:34 PM »
From the Jester menu you can adjust his verbosity.

Just loaded the F-4E day before yesterday.  A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2024, 09:25:39 AM »
Just loaded the F-4E day before yesterday.  A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else.

I will remember that as I am strictly a WSO cartoon pilot
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2024, 05:32:04 PM »
I don't know about the F-4E but the wizzo seat in the F-14 is more learnin' than the front seat imo. I dipped my toes but the water was too cold and deep. And I know a thing or two about radar.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2024, 05:49:15 PM »
Just loaded the F-4E day before yesterday.

As an SME, you should do a review video.  Your impressions would be interesting.

:aok
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2024, 06:04:45 PM »
I don't know about the F-4E but the wizzo seat in the F-14 is more learnin' than the front seat imo. I dipped my toes but the water was too cold and deep. And I know a thing or two about radar.

It is a lot but I am getting the hang of it
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2024, 08:46:06 PM »
It is a lot but I am getting the hang of it

The level of switchology detail is amazing.  Try not to get too deep in all of that.  Focus on flying and employing.  The schoolhouse for 2nd Lts right out of pilot training was six months long, a month or so of ground school, another in the simulator, and then to the jet.  Very complex and takes a great deal of training.  The schoolhouse for previous fighter guys was about half that length.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2024, 07:51:39 AM »
The level of switchology detail is amazing.  Try not to get too deep in all of that.  Focus on flying and employing.  The schoolhouse for 2nd Lts right out of pilot training was six months long, a month or so of ground school, another in the simulator, and then to the jet.  Very complex and takes a great deal of training.  The schoolhouse for previous fighter guys was about half that length.

Did Heatblur capture the immersion level needed for the F4?

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2024, 08:56:23 AM »
Did Heatblur capture the immersion level needed for the F4?

To an extent. The multitude of physiological aspects are obviously hard to simulate.  For instance, the Rhino air conditioning was pretty much non existent on the ground but, would do well at 20,000’.  Imagine the effect of that in Egypt with the temperature on the ground of 120 degrees. Then, the flight gear (flight suit, g suit, parachute harness, ejection seat leg garters, 5 point harness, etc, etc) each had their own level of effect on “comfort”. All part of the reality that simulation can only go so far to replicate.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2024, 09:55:59 AM »
VR of course for the visuals. Then maybe strap yourself in with some tie down straps and turn up the thermostat.  :D
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2024, 10:00:21 AM »
Gud lord!

All this just to fly?

This is way over the top. This could also been posted under the other sim posts .

But no dickwood being who he is thrives on as much damage and negative attention as possible.

However, thanks for proving that sim is a major PITA and how easy it is to fly almost any other sim.

The ither non-AH thread is slowing so start another? This is dipshtville
Geezuz!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 10:02:06 AM by Animl-AW »
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2024, 10:16:00 AM »
Imagine the effect of that in Egypt with the temperature on the ground of 120 degrees. Then, the flight gear (flight suit, g suit, parachute harness, ejection seat leg garters, 5 point harness, etc, etc) each had their own level of effect on “comfort”. All part of the reality that simulation can only go so far to replicate.

All so that you can  go up and get shot at by SAMs.  That's a hard day at the office.  ;)

Did you fly the E model or an earlier version?

« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 10:19:30 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2024, 10:16:57 AM »
VR of course for the visuals. Then maybe strap yourself in with some tie down straps and turn up the thermostat.  :D

Exactly, especially the thermostat.  Never came back from flying with a dry flight suit.

Gud lord!

All this just to fly?

This is way over the top. This could also been posted under the other sim posts .

But no dickwood being who he is thrives on as much damage and negative attention as possible.

However, thanks for proving that sim is a major PITA and how easy it is to fly almost any other sim.

The ither non-AH thread is slowing so start another? This is dipshtville
Geezuz!

Nothing to see here.  You can move along and troll somewhere else.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 11:19:58 AM by Puma44 »

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2024, 10:25:34 AM »
Exactly, especially the thermostat.  Never came back from flying with a dry flight suit.

Nothing to see here.  You can move along.

Reminder, this is AH bbs, DCS needs to move along. I am NOT out of line. DCS players are. You have a thread, use it.

https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2024, 10:29:29 AM »
4- Flame baiting, flaming, being abusing, being disrespectful, trolling, spamming or posting to incite or annoy is not allowed. If you cannot make a positive contribution to the thread, then just stay out of it.

5- Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If you feel a post violates the forum rules, the use the "Report to Moderator" link in the post to report it.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2024, 10:36:24 AM »

Double talk.
“You can’t stop us” from being arshats.
“Sexual Predator” selective aren’t we?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 10:38:22 AM by Animl-AW »