Author Topic: Object Editor Toys  (Read 580 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Object Editor Toys
« on: May 16, 2024, 06:17:11 PM »
Object Editor Toys - Rail road tracks for your railyard

For anyone wanting to build a railyard:  Track sources
Bitmaps, .ac files, and 2 Excel dial-a-straight length files, xls, xlsx formats

rrStrack.zip = Summer set, right switch, left switch, 15 degree curve, 2 straights + a ramp to meet up with the games PATH tracks

rrWtracks.zip = Winter versions

rrTracks xlsx dial-a-straight.zip = Excel.xlsx dial-a-straight for any length straight track
rrTracks xls dial-a-straight.zip = same but Excel 93 2003 version. Made using xlsx but I tested as best I could without having the 2003 version installed.

I've supplied the source .ac files and bitmaps for your experiments with ac3d

Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Object Editor Toys
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 06:27:10 PM »

Here's what they look like.
Use the OE's Convert ac file function to build.
View in the OE by closing and reopening
Put the shape.shp and image.htx found in the userlib folder into your texsrc folder
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2024, 05:49:18 PM »
Back in 2017 I ran out of time to do all the detail I wanted on these. The reflection grayscales etc didn't get included properly along with anchor chains and handrails but most people won't have a clue even when they board and walk around as a bailed pilot.
I'd oversized the diffuse bitmap to hold the battleship gray versions as well as the historical 1941 Pearl colors so now that's on someone else to add, or simply recolor the bitmap for the gray 1942 onward version. I'd originally planed to add a submarine and more, if room, on the bitmap to help fill out the Pearl Harbor set in one bitmap. Doubt I have the sub's plan views, elevations and details any longer.
Not including any previews as you can download the avapearl terrain and inspect the shapes there or in the OE.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2024, 09:27:24 PM »
Easycor, I have not given up on the Object Editor, life is still got busy other places. Hope to get back to it this fall.  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76