Author Topic: Lost radio comms  (Read 395 times)

Offline Kini

• Zinc Member
Lost radio comms
« on: June 25, 2024, 07:32:51 AM »
Shortly after moving I reassembled my system to play a little AH and for a still unknown reason I cannot transmit on the Global Channel. I can hear the playback if I tune .radio 5 to myself but broadcasting to near by players is a no go which makes six calls difficult.  Has someone run into the problem and found a fix? Using the SADES SA-902 headset if that helps any.

Online nopoop

• Gold Member
Re: Lost radio comms
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2024, 11:07:48 AM »
Any time I log on I type resetv in the text
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Kini

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2024, 07:29:12 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion I tried both .resetv 1 and resetv 2. Either my hardware is glitching or everyone around me is ignoring my coms check request.  :lol

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2024, 08:11:31 AM »
So you log into the game, join an arena online, tune to yourself on channel 5, key up speak and you hear the message, correct?

If so, that would pretty much rule out the simple fixes.

Offline Kini

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2024, 03:56:06 PM »
Yup tune to myself after joining an arena and can hear myself, just no one else can.  Windows 11 says it can hear the mic. I'm going to see if there are drivers that need updating. Can think of what made comms suddenly quit.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2024, 04:21:36 PM »
Just checking basics -  have you looked at the key mapping?  And / or stick mapping if using that? 
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2024, 05:11:29 PM »
If he can hear himself when he tries it in game Id guess he was hitting the right button/command for it. Do you have the map modes enabled and set on auto? If the mapping changes as you jump to a GV of gun or something you might lose the coms due to a bad mapped button.....which windows can change at times.

The other thing might be a connection issues as vox uses dual tx/rx.... info out and in at the same time. I think most high speed does this automatically. Did you change your internet connection or change any settings there?

Offline Kini

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2024, 07:56:57 AM »
Thanks all for the suggestions. Somewhere somehow my radio mapping changed to Global Voice Transmit Channel. I switched back to Global Voice Transmit Range.  And it's working as expected.  Close the ticket.