Author Topic: While I’m wishing…  (Read 2313 times)

Online LilMak

• Silver Member
Re: While I’m wishing…
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2024, 06:01:17 AM »
JimmyD is correct. 

The tools are already within the game but people won’t use them and complain instead.
If the tools we have allow the few players we have left to avoid conflict in a game designed to encourage combat, there’s a problem and I feel obligated to make my grievances known. Especially when it directly discourages those who are actively are attempting to fight.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2024, 06:43:42 PM »

I would like to see trains, convoys and barges fixed, so that they function again, as they did in the past. Once Upon a Time when you killed a truck or a train car or a barge it added time back on to the clock at the base/town.

Human resupply by M3 or goon, Tie that to the Readiness state of the city, In other words if your city is at 50%, you're goon and M3 only Carry 5 minutes of resupply. etc, etc, etc.

Tie troop availability for the M3s in Goons to the troop training Strat.... Your trip training Strat is at 50% your goons and M3s only get five troops each etc etc etc.

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2024, 07:17:56 PM »

I would like to see trains, convoys and barges fixed, so that they function again, as they did in the past. Once Upon a Time when you killed a truck or a train car or a barge it added time back on to the clock at the base/town.

Human resupply by M3 or goon, Tie that to the Readiness state of the city, In other words if your city is at 50%, you're goon and M3 only Carry 5 minutes of resupply. etc, etc, etc.

Tie troop availability for the M3s in Goons to the troop training Strat.... Your trip training Strat is at 50% your goons and M3s only get five troops each etc etc etc.

CAV

I could live with that, but I would add that the strat downtime (currently 180 minutes) be reduced to 120 minutes.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Online scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2024, 03:13:25 PM »
It's my favorite thing to do is to undue whatever damage the enemy has done when I get help we try to see if we can't bring it back to 100 percent before the bomber lands! You can always hit the strats to make down times longer or take out sups from nearby bases.. there are tools in this game to destroy and tools to rebuild it has nothing to do with avoiding combat like m3s can't be killed oh plzzz you play your game to kill and destroy and I'll play my game of taking out your ord and bringing strats and towns back up
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2024, 04:32:39 PM »
It's my favorite thing to do is to undue whatever damage the enemy has done when I get help we try to see if we can't bring it back to 100 percent before the bomber lands! You can always hit the strats to make down times longer or take out sups from nearby bases.. there are tools in this game to destroy and tools to rebuild it has nothing to do with avoiding combat like m3s can't be killed oh plzzz you play your game to kill and destroy and I'll play my game of taking out your ord and bringing strats and towns back up

This game thrived when people fought...

Long before the option to run supplies was there.

Fight for your stuff or lose it.. pretty simple.

Online scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2024, 04:37:44 PM »
This game thrived when people fought...

Long before the option to run supplies was there.

Fight for your stuff or lose it.. pretty simple.
you know as well as I do you can't force someone to play the way you want them to play.. and why would you? If they don't want to fly they won't I do all aspects of this great game I don't tie myself to just planes
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Online LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2024, 09:25:48 PM »
you know as well as I do you can't force someone to play the way you want them to play.. and why would you? If they don't want to fly they won't I do all aspects of this great game I don't tie myself to just planes
No one is forcing you to fly planes. No one is even suggesting you stop driving M3s. Just that supplies shouldn’t be used en leu of actually engaging in combat.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2024, 10:17:58 AM »

Basically what lilmak said.  I'm not trying to tell people how to play, I'm trying to change how the way they play influences the game.