Author Topic: Connection Lost  (Read 3017 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
Re: Connection Lost
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2024, 05:21:48 PM »
I grew up in Dallas. No Air conditioning until I was in my teens. Outside almost all the time. I snicker when I read about areas fearful when it gets into the 90's. P******

It can kill elders who are not conditioned to heat.

TX ain’t all that brawny. They lost their minds when cold came and grid went down. As all states sent aid and jackets

Ya we all called ya p******

“ we don’t need help from anyone, until we need it from everyone”
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 05:24:54 PM by Animl-AW »

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2024, 05:29:15 PM »
Some lost power in Texas last Feb during prolonged sub zero weather. The grid did not go down. We never lost power. I lived in Indiana (Grissom AFB) for three years. I lived in Idaho for 16 years. It's colder there and gets more snow than Indiana.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2024, 05:42:45 PM »
Some lost power in Texas last Feb during prolonged sub zero weather. The grid did not go down. We never lost power. I lived in Indiana (Grissom AFB) for three years. I lived in Idaho for 16 years. It's colder there and gets more snow than Indiana.

I like live in NW IN, just south of Lake Michigan, we get WAY more snow and s LOT COLDER than Grissim. You’re more likely getting KY/southern weather down there, super mild. Mid to souyh IN totally different weather system.

Idaho is on other side of main jet stream, higher alts got a lot of snow and lower temps.

In both winters are shorter.

NW IN was 40 bellow zero 2 yrs ago, 10-20 below is common.

I lived in WA too, higher alts 12 feet is common.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2024, 05:48:34 PM »

Actually the grid going down is what made the news. <scratches head>
Point being, everyone outside tx are p****** , until they needed aid from the p******. Lol comeon man. It was nationwide news.. not all of tx went down, you were lucky, didn’t live it.

Those dumb snowbirds. lol

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2024, 06:05:34 PM »
Texas has it's own power grid. Like I said, some lost power, the large most did not. I was here.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2024, 06:22:57 PM »
Texas has it's own power grid. Like I said, some lost power, the large most did not. I was here.

I get what you’re saying, but that grid had to get power from another state when it went down. That grid is one of the weakest in the country. Ironically, TX now has more wind power thsn any other state. Damn green power. :)

That said, I have several childhood friends in DFW, they kinda chukle
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 06:31:10 PM by Animl-AW »

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2024, 06:40:57 PM »
Where do you get the idea Texas has a weak power grid? It does not. You have a source?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2024, 06:43:07 PM »
And why wouldn't Texas take advantage of it's wind? See, this is an example of you showing your politics thinking it too subtle for anyone to notice. I notice.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2024, 10:28:25 PM »
And why wouldn't Texas take advantage of it's wind? See, this is an example of you showing your politics thinking it too subtle for anyone to notice. I notice.

Common man,.. you resemble your own accusation. By doing that you then know the answer. Don't assume I don't recognize double talk, it's not slick at all. A lil projection going on.
Making fun of failed conceptions does not show my preference, other than its funny they claimed to have not needed it before the black out. You're doing it right now.

I don't post goofy political stuff in OC, I reply to it, when I can stomach the weirdness. Dispelling false claims and stating reality is not a political preference. What ya don't like is reality doesn't support the claims.... therefore anyone who points it out or disagrees with it MUST BE the other side of the fence, which is also nonsense and shallow thinking. Reality is reality no matter the source. It's binary, it's either true or it's not. Don't label people for calling it out, that makes you appear political.

I'm telling ya,.. you and your buddy and your lame efforts to do slick double talk is way more than just obvious. You're not setting any hooks other than I'm bored enough to reply. It's got a weird entertainment value.

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2024, 10:56:15 PM »
Sorry all I am making my return back and been downloading all the skins for the game and talking to people in the game while waiting. So blame it on Molsman
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-
               Wait n Bleed

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2024, 08:29:09 AM »
Common man,.. you resemble your own accusation. By doing that you then know the answer. Don't assume I don't recognize double talk, it's not slick at all. A lil projection going on.
Making fun of failed conceptions does not show my preference, other than its funny they claimed to have not needed it before the black out. You're doing it right now.

I don't post goofy political stuff in OC, I reply to it, when I can stomach the weirdness. Dispelling false claims and stating reality is not a political preference. What ya don't like is reality doesn't support the claims.... therefore anyone who points it out or disagrees with it MUST BE the other side of the fence, which is also nonsense and shallow thinking. Reality is reality no matter the source. It's binary, it's either true or it's not. Don't label people for calling it out, that makes you appear political.

I'm telling ya,.. you and your buddy and your lame efforts to do slick double talk is way more than just obvious. You're not setting any hooks other than I'm bored enough to reply. It's got a weird entertainment value.

Pretty typical of those with your political persuasion. Unable to see any perspective but your own. Mocking those beyond your echo chamber.

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2024, 08:40:51 AM »
I think we all remember that grid not handling it in both summer and winter. Seems to me it made the news.

We have huge amounts of people moving here from other states. California, Virginia, Carolinas, etc.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2024, 12:03:05 PM »
We moved back to Texas in June of 2023. I think we've lost power briefly only once in that time. Was in the middle of the night, probably equipment changeout. Considering the many thunderstorms in that time it's remarkable.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2024, 12:22:53 PM »
Texas has a more dependable power grid, than most of the other states, just saying. :neener:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76