Author Topic: Lets call it strange observation  (Read 8585 times)

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Lets call it strange observation
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2024, 12:24:44 PM »
.....and that is one of the things killing the game off. I dont want to have to fly "like them", I have fun flying the way I want. That has always been what makes this game great, the diversity of playing styles. Take away a players fun and they leave.

Just adapt. I got tired of one of the said squads that consistently gangs and hordes, so I decided to go on the offensive and go after them instead after they tried to dive on me 4v1 last weekend.

It was actually quite fun shooting down an entire squad for 2 hours.

This is 2 of 4 or 5 sorties. 30 kills, 0 deaths.

https://youtu.be/IezF-khNXiY

https://youtu.be/QUXr0z4bH_4
« Last Edit: August 09, 2024, 12:31:32 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2024, 12:42:33 PM »
.....and that is one of the things killing the game off. I dont want to have to fly "like them", I have fun flying the way I want. That has always been what makes this game great, the diversity of playing styles. Take away a players fun and they leave.
I understand adaptation and am certainly capable of doing it. I can certainly pick a fast plane with big guns and start departing from a different base spending 10 minutes climbing every sortie. But I’ve never been the guy who lives by that. Nor do I want to be.

Even when fights were massive 100 player groups, I could still carve out good fights along the perimeter because I didn’t have that whole group bouncing me the second I came into icon range of just one of them. Even if a pilot on the edge wants a good fight for himself and doesn’t want or ask for help, he’s gonna get it. Now I have entire squads bounce if I’m low or turn away on the rare occasions I actually show up at 15k+. The radar creates an imaginary line with both sides waiting to dog pile the first guy to cross it. Even the guys who aren’t anywhere near the fight can start setting up their attacks from sectors away, not because they know approximately where enemies are, but they know EXACTLY where enemies are. They can also tell if a target is maneuvering, who they’re engaged with, whether they’re in pursuit or being pursued without even keying up their radio. The only way it could get any worse (and I hate to even mention this) is if the radar reported altitude too.

Even though the massive hordes of old are gone, it feels worse to be on the outnumbered side of a fight because it’s so easy to just club the few guys who are actually trying to fight.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2024, 12:47:39 PM by LilMak »
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2024, 12:46:52 PM »
Having to climb to > 10k each flight limits the number of engagements one can have in a given time period...usually only an hour a day while some obviously live in the game and time and ridiculous altitude isn't as big a deal..
Game is different than ever before...it is what it is but still more fun than not so I will continue to login

Eagler
I think this can be helped a lot by eliminating the awacs garbage.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2024, 01:08:13 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

So, you're telling me all of these players left because of one guy? 🤔
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2024, 01:11:52 PM »

Guess that settles who the better Damned is.  :rofl
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2024, 01:37:02 PM »
Guess that settles who the better Damned is.  :rofl

Umm no. If you don’t know the guys in the origonal Damned then you’re probably over estimating yourself.. you’re the best individual now, but not of all time. They had 5-10 of your type. And they did most of it in 38s.

AK are a true squad that operates like a squad should, team work. Same way I ran Flying Tigers. They change countries for their sqd night often.

You’re seriously talented, but best of all time of 35 yrs, probably not. For right now, so far, probably. I’ve seen Griz take out 100 in between refueling.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2024, 02:19:18 PM by Animl-AW »

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2024, 01:48:03 PM »
I’ve seen Griz take out 100 in between refueling.

Yeah, I had a lot of fun killing Grizz.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2024, 01:50:46 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2024, 01:54:24 PM »
Just adapt. I got tired of one of the said squads that consistently gangs and hordes, so I decided to go on the offensive and go after them instead after they tried to dive on me 4v1 last weekend.

It was actually quite fun shooting down an entire squad for 2 hours.

This is 2 of 4 or 5 sorties. 30 kills, 0 deaths.

https://youtu.be/IezF-khNXiY

https://youtu.be/QUXr0z4bH_4

I sometimes "adapt", but the point is I shouldnt have to, my type of fights are drying up and going the way of the dodo because too many players feel the need to get into the fastest baddest plane, grab to 20K with a half dozen of their squad mates and pick and run.

I love watching your videos, Im learning alot from them. Will I ever get as good....LOL!!!! not in a million years. I dont think I could ever fly as smooth as you do. <S>

I think this can be helped a lot by eliminating the awacs garbage.

I agree 100% I still go and get clobbered but it would be better if I didnt know it was coming so fast!

So, you're telling me all of these players left because of one guy? 🤔

I dont think we lost the majority of players due to one guy. Im sure there are a few whos ego has a hard time with that, but the game is more fun than just one guy. No I think the type of play has chased more people away than anything. Hitech use to say that ever player has a limit and will leave the game when they hit it. I think more people hit that limit quicker over the last few years as the game play has turned away from teams fighting an over all war to a game of individuals looking for quick kills, pick and run and so on. Heaven forbid they actually stick around and fight it out.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2024, 02:21:53 PM »
Yeah, I had a lot of fun killing Grizz.

There are 3 griz that I know of, one passed away yrs ago. Grizzly, Griz, Griz#1. Not the same guy. You’re a little to eager to rank yourself against people you never ran into.

Grizzly helped me test in AW.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2024, 02:24:18 PM by Animl-AW »

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2024, 02:35:36 PM »
There are 3 griz that I know of, one passed away yrs ago. Grizzly, Griz, Griz#1. Not the same guy. You’re a little to eager to rank yourself against people you never ran into.

Grizzly helped me test in AW.

The Grizz in the screenshot is the one who landed 100 kills.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2024, 02:38:33 PM »
Looking at the chart we lost a majority in 1-2 months time. It was a very sharp fast decline, before III.

That said if you go back to HTs thread we lost 5-8 just from an announcement. Main reason mentioned taking a very long established sqd name, and being allowed back. Very key players. Lost another 5 from un-sportsmanship antics. More will follow that theme. Its a wrecking ball in motion. Hyper-Narcissism is proud of destruction, thrive on being hated and rejected

I’m reminded of burning down a house to kill one cockroach.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2024, 02:47:29 PM by Animl-AW »

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2024, 02:55:43 PM »
Just goin to say it, you use way too many aids for me to call it pure skill. Since others don’t it puts you above. I’d like to see that skill on my computer with zero aids before i buy into it
« Last Edit: August 09, 2024, 03:17:15 PM by Animl-AW »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2024, 03:44:00 PM »
The Grizz in the screenshot is the one who landed 100 kills.

Producing that screenshot is the gayest toejam I've seen all day, but you do you cupcake.

Just don't diddly up traffic with your one man pride parade through town, waving around that screenshot like it means something, yelling about how you love to suck dick and take it up the butt.
No one deserves a 5 mile detour with today's fuel prices  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2024, 03:47:32 PM »
Producing that screenshot is the gayest toejam I've seen all day, but you do you cupcake.

Just don't diddly up traffic with your one man pride parade through town, waving around that screenshot like it means something, yelling about how you love to suck dick and take it up the butt.
No one deserves a 5 mile detour with today's fuel prices  :old:

Shut up moron. Hope you get a vacation for that child stream of BS

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2024, 03:52:43 PM »
Shut up moron. Hope you get a vacation for that child stream of BS

Listen dude, if someone doesn't nip at his heels and keeps him on the ground, he'll inflate his own head until he hits the stratosphere... And he cannot breathe over 12,000feet, I'm doing him a service.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez