Author Topic: Lets call it strange observation  (Read 8577 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Lets call it strange observation
« Reply #285 on: August 12, 2024, 11:13:09 AM »
Simple, by diving to the bottom of several friendlies; just like you do in almost every encounter we have.

Just like in almost every encounter you come in high and fast with more speed and E in a BnZ plane and expect me to do what exactly? Evading and reversing your BnZ isn't running  :rofl if you came in in the same plane as me Co E, I'd maybe cut you some slack, but we both know you need the engineered plane and SA advantage after you switch to have a chance.  ;)
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #286 on: August 12, 2024, 11:23:26 AM »
Just like in almost every encounter you come in high and fast with more speed and E in a BnZ plane and expect me to do what exactly? Evading and reversing your BnZ isn't running  :rofl if you came in in the same plane as me Co E, I'd maybe cut you some slack, but we both know you need the engineered plane and SA advantage after you switch to have a chance.  ;)

The fact you posted about how I always had an E advantage at the merge, even in same plane and co-alt, proves that not only false, but that you don't even believe it yourself. You were posting about me 5 years after our last encounter, trying to figure out how I always managed an advantage, even when there wasn't one.

P.S. Your assertion is wrong lol, but keep guessing lil guy.

Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #287 on: August 12, 2024, 11:24:13 AM »

That's an assertion.

Perhaps a best 3 out of 5 in the DA?
Equal planes, alt, 1v1?
Post the films.

That would resolve the claim that he can ONLY get a kill with an alt advantage, wouldn't it?

Because it didn't look that way from the duel vids with you I'd seen before.  I'm not saying you aren't great pilot, but you are saying emotion driven things that aren't supported by the evidence I've seen.

As I asked before (you didn't answer), if his KD against you was 1:1 or worse, would we have any of these threads?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #288 on: August 12, 2024, 11:25:07 AM »
That's an assertion.

Perhaps a best 3 out of 5 in the DA?
Equal planes, alt, 1v1?
Post he films.

That would resolve the claim that he can ONLY get a kill with an alt advantage, wouldn't it?

Because it didn't look that way from the duel vids with you I'd seen before.  I'm not saying you aren't great pilot, but you are saying emotion driven things that aren't supported by the evidence I've seen.

As I asked before (you didn't answer), if his KD against you was 1:1 or worse, would we have any of these threads?

This has nothing to do with the DA, and you are clearly avoiding discussing the obvious as Animl pointed out. You obviously don't know what you are talking about, and don't even play the game.

BTW, no other player in the game has ever done this. Please let me know any other player whose these tactics and 3 accounts? I'll wait. I've played a long long time to know.  :old:

Here was the last duel we had.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 11:28:20 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #289 on: August 12, 2024, 11:27:16 AM »
This has nothing to do with the DA.

You claimed he does not have enough skill to defeat you without a numbers, alt, and plane advantage.

Those variables can be controlled in a duel. The remaining variable will be skill.

It would be an easy way for you to prove your assertion.

As I asked before (you didn't answer, again), if his KD against you was 1:1 or worse, would we have any of these threads?

« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 11:29:59 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #290 on: August 12, 2024, 11:28:32 AM »
This has nothing to do with the DA, and you are clearly avoiding discussing the obvious as Animl pointed out. You obviously don't know what you are talking about, and don't even play the game.

And here was the one before:

https://youtu.be/RVmXSl13rao

For some reason, he wanted a 3rd one until he died a lot in the MA. Then he suddenly stopped asking for it and declined it altogether.

I guess he was fine going 1-1 and 8 (Skyyr) vs 6 (V) overall.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 11:31:01 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline knorB

• Silver Member
« Reply #291 on: August 12, 2024, 11:30:38 AM »
You can’t pull what’s needed from youboob. Raw ah film .

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #292 on: August 12, 2024, 11:30:57 AM »
You claimed he does not have enough skill to defeat you without a numbers, alt, and plane advantage.

Those variables can be controlled in a duel. The remaining variable will be skill.

It would be an easy way for you to prove your assertion.

As I asked before (you didn't answer, again), if his KD against you was 1:1 or worse, would we have any of these threads?

The DA is different than the MA. You are just using a cop out to avoid Skyyrs garbage tactics ruining the gameplay in the MA.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #293 on: August 12, 2024, 11:32:45 AM »
The DA is different than the MA.

Yes, it can control for all the variables people use as excuses for getting shot down.

The remaining variable is simply down to BFM skill vs BFM skill.

Same planes, alt.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #294 on: August 12, 2024, 11:34:02 AM »
Yes, it can control for all the variables people use as excuses for getting shot down.

The remaining variable is simply down to BFM skill vs BFM skill.

Same planes, alt.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

A player who games a strategic advantage over the other by knowing their plane and position after switching from my team has nothing to do with DA fighting.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #295 on: August 12, 2024, 11:34:13 AM »
Maybe I'm missing something but given two planes air start aimed at each other the person who turns away, without climbing, and then turns back in will have less speed/energy than the person who kept going straight when they meet. 
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #296 on: August 12, 2024, 11:35:26 AM »
You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

How is what I said incorrect?

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #297 on: August 12, 2024, 11:36:04 AM »
How is what I said incorrect?

A player who games a strategic advantage over the other by knowing their plane and position after switching from my team has nothing to do with DA fighting.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #298 on: August 12, 2024, 11:40:56 AM »

No, you claim Skyyr has no skill and can only defeat you with a better plane and alt advantage.

I said you are a good pilot, but the above is a lie.  It is obviously a lie to anyone who have watched the duel videos.  If you are going to stick to that ridiculous position, then it begs proving under controlled conditions in the DA.

If you want to amend your statement to admit he is a skilled and dangerous pilot, but he is abusing the multiple accounts to catch you in the MA at a disadvantage, I won't bother aruging that as it is unprovable.

But for you to claim he has no skill and can only beat you with a plane and alt advantage just makes you look ridiculous.

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #299 on: August 12, 2024, 11:44:26 AM »
Nah, I'll come out and say what Violator's dodging on purpose, and I'll dig into the game mechanics:

Violator is trying to play a numbers game and players like me prevent that.

Violator has limited playtime, but he still wants to rank #1 (or high enough). So, he tries to maximize that by flying high ENY planes and getting kills as quickly as possible then landing. This creates a high score, high K/T, etc. However, it has one flaw: you can't actually compete in high ENY planes against pilots who know how to fight them _AND_ (key conjunction) still score well for yourself.

See, if you fly low ENY planes, you can perform well; but, your point scoring goes to hell. So you have to fly tens of sorties to achieve your desired rank. This does two things: this averages out your stats and it takes time. If you don't have time to play and you rely on < 20 sorties or so for scoring, then guess what? Low ENY planes don't really work. So you're not going to rank.

Enter high ENY planes.

If you can do the same things in high ENY planes (predominantly mid-war aircraft), you'll rank much more effectively for your time played. And guess what? You can do well in high ENY planes, sure. You can even kill quickly in them. You may even be able to be competitive 1v1 in them. You can also score well in high ENY planes. However, you can't do all of those when there's competition around. Queue the current dilemma that's being disguised as victimhood.

Before the majority of players quit, there were enough "top tier" sticks that you couldn't get away with using most high ENY planes to game the scoring system. The Spit 8/9 and the KI-84 were really the closest compromises. But now, no one's really around to hit the guy who's picking players in a Ki-84 or 109G6. So, many players have started using those for ranking purposes (or so it seems from looking at the stats of rankers with lower play times).

Violator is upset because if he's in a G6 and I'm in a Ta, I'm either winning or he's running to cover/help/etc. He's not mad because it's unfair, he's upset because it skews his attempt to score well. He could grab a K4 or some other late-war plane, sure; however, this interrupts his scoring methodology. And that's what all of this is about.

He's upset because he can't score well with players like myself, Judge, etc. around. That's why he's making such a big deal about switching fronts. He's not complaining because of unfair gameplay, he's complaining precisely because he can't get away with unfair gameplay. He can't fly a midwar plane and pick on noobs when there's players who understand what he's doing and counter it.

And ironically, that's what the scoring system and competition were supposed to be about: fighting. But now, it's turned into some sort of perverse "I'm going to go pick on noobs and then brag I'm #1 with 2 hours played."

That's why he's making such a big deal about spending 25 minutes fighting me out of 6 hours played. It's not because it's unfair, it's because it's preventing him from scoring using loopholes, of sorts.

There, I said the quiet part out loud.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...