Author Topic: Jaeger - Eagler "vulched" you, not me  (Read 2363 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Jaeger - Eagler "vulched" you, not me
« on: August 12, 2024, 08:52:48 PM »
I'll leave this so jaeger1 can see how mistaken he was in his claim that I vulched him a second time.

30 seconds:  Eagler (G2) is on Jaeger's(Hurri2) six.  I'm a good 4k away. 
40-43 seconds:  Jaeger was close to his own base and Eagler took off his wing.  Ack was not firing yet that my film picked up.
43 - 51 seconds: As Jaeger's Hurri was floating down, AKBaloo was on Eagler's six. He was missing.
52 seconds: Eagler augers in his evasives, AKBaloo got the kill on Eagler.
56 seconds: Jaeger's Hurri2 finally crashed, I get a kill.

Why I got a kill when I was 4k away? My film starts at an air launch, so I must've gotten hits on Jaeger in the previous sortie and due to internet/server reasons and since Eagler died before Jaeger went in, the kill defaulted to me.

1:13 - Jaeger starts going in on me (the screenshot) - completely mistaken in his assertion I vulched him there when it was Eagler.
1:36 - He adds on.
2:12 - I respond to Jaeger's erroneous assertion.

I would normally have walked him back with what I thought happened in that moment, but the way he latched on my ankle made me shake it and here we are.

If you come at me, get your facts straight. Go check your film, if you don't film, start.

Jaeger (or anyone) if you have any accusations about me, let me know about them in the moment instead of whatever it was you were trying to do. I won't even go into what other claims Jaeger was making over the next 15 minutes simply because of the way he kept doubling down on his mistaken perception.

Screen shot @1:36

film is 2:14

Jaeger was wrong. Period.

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Jaeger - Eagler "vulched" you, not me
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2024, 09:35:11 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2024, 05:45:13 AM »
Sorry if I caused whatever...

I lose track in there and might have flown close to the other base for a kill..

The action gets so fast in there I don't always read the kill buffer..

You should join us sky..take a break from your ma hunting

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2024, 05:49:14 AM »
I mean the whole thing started off the weekly "ho" tirade.

The amount of effort into posting this is...concerning.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2024, 08:54:03 AM »
I mean the whole thing started off the weekly "ho" tirade.

The amount of effort into posting this is...concerning.

So is the amount of effort you just spent trying to minimize Jaeger's accusations and harassment last night.  Selective hypocrisy has never sat very well with me.

I took heat unnecessarily for Eagler's action.  Uncool on many levels.  Jaeger chose to escalate it with his accusations which included direct faslehoods (screenshot #3)  Moreso when he laughably tried to hide behind withholding all those claims to "protect me" - what the actual diddly? LOFL!

Jaeger was all over my ankle making assertions that he cannot back up, literally accusing me of constantly breaking the rules - want the screenshot?  Hell, let me give it anyway.

So tired of people not only making up stuff or defending those who do, and then moving the goalposts when I call out the bs behind the assertions.

If going to accuse me of something, make sure it's a valid claim and not just a butthurt ego speaking.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 08:56:36 AM by Shane »
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2024, 10:07:48 AM »
Started with the weekly ho stuff.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2024, 10:50:52 AM »
Started with the weekly ho stuff.

And there you go with your exaggerations, "weekly ho stuff"... let's call it a deliberate lie, really. Or maybe accept it as truth, in which case you're confirming I get upset at taking HOs every week? Or I'm "continuously breaking the rules" and HOing everything in sight?  Clarity, please?

from 7:03 when I said "frt qtr really?" after he took a shot I wouildn't - so I semi vulched him. We didn't speak much again (hell, during that entire time I was quiet) until Eagler "vulched" him at 7:40pm and he latched onto my ankle. You guys clog up vox way more than my occasional comments on ch223/1/2/200 (get your comms protocols straight, Jaeger.)

*define vulch? his gear wasn't down, and he was in air.  Maybe crank up AA more? People often break the AA line (I generally don't.)  Eagler's "vulch" didn't even put him in AA. Maybe crank up AA better? 

*frt qtrs are sketchy in general and I avoid them, altho' very capable of returning them when I start getting them.  Even posted a HO/frt qtr primer in this thread: https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,407770.msg5399481.html#msg5399481

At most when I get a sketchy shot (and you, sno, goodbye and mdstampf are some of the worst about taking these - want films?) I'll call it out and if it continues, I start returning them.  And even over time I've not called out some, especially with any new faces. I'm mostly quiet beyond that, not much time to type in MNM.

I generally record a lot of my MNM sorties, and both you and Jaeger are making claims that are both unfounded and unsubstantiated....

Maybe the "no ho" should just be dropped so sketchy shots (and ho/rams) are less a debatable issue?  And once again, if someone felt I did something sketchy to call me out on it - I have no issue with that. I do have issues with how passive/aggressive Jaeger was in alluding to it with no evidence. Jaeger was primed to latch onto my ankle for whatever reason(s).

« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 11:03:10 AM by Shane »

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2024, 11:19:10 AM »
I thought the point of MNM was to fight without HOing and vulching?
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2024, 11:20:20 AM »

Seems to me that MNM is filled with dudes who say they hate HO'ing and vulching and then do the majority of HO'ing and vulching.  :huh
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2024, 11:31:12 AM »

Yep, and for the most part that's how it goes down.  It's also why I try to avoid taking front quarter shots (even in funtime matchplay) because it might appear to be HOish, but have no problem issuing them once I get them. There are a few players who will constantly take those shots, and several who will make no effort to avoid a collision (I stop trying to avoid when I start getting that; let's play ram!)

I don't think neither you nor skyyr could manage to thrive (or have fun) in MNM, despite both of you claiming to be about the "fight."  Maybe those "no ho" "no vulch" rules take away your most effective tactics?  :noid  So, just maybe save your passive/aggressive snark for a more suitable arena?  :aok

Or you can try to have fun for an hour now and then.

Oh, and if fun itself isn't a strong enough draw, there's a little ego easter egg here under "snapshots":  https://ahevents.net/index.php/event-logs
« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 11:33:50 AM by Shane »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2024, 11:38:05 AM »

Try it and find out

There's no hoing except by accident and no vulching as Jaeger1 has ack cranked up

Now picking is another story lol

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2024, 11:43:45 AM »
Yep, and for the most part that's how it goes down.  It's also why I try to avoid taking front quarter shots (even in funtime matchplay) because it might appear to be HOish, but have no problem issuing them once I get them. There are a few players who will constantly take those shots, and several who will make no effort to avoid a collision (I stop trying to avoid when I start getting that; let's play ram!)

I don't think neither you nor skyyr could manage to thrive (or have fun) in MNM, despite both of you claiming to be about the "fight."  Maybe those "no ho" "no vulch" rules take away your most effective tactics?  :noid  So, just maybe save your passive/aggressive snark for a more suitable arena?  :aok

Or you can try to have fun for an hour now and then.

Oh, and if fun itself isn't a strong enough draw, there's a little ego easter egg here under "snapshots":  https://ahevents.net/index.php/event-logs

I've tried it.  Didn't like it because it was a copy and paste from the MA as I was horded the whole time while also dodging stupid towers and dealing with insane wind speeds when I try to perform legit maneuvers.  Let's not forget the ability to turn on the LCM to allow players to hit shots they wouldn't normally hit.  There's a training arena for that. I'll pass.

My comment wasn't passive aggressive or negative towards MNM or those that enjoy it.  My comment was pointing out that it shouldn't be an issue meaning this post should have never occurred because of the rules that are in place.  Just sounds like they need to be enforced. 

So, try again, dramaqueen.   
« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 11:46:52 AM by Banshee7 »
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2024, 11:45:07 AM »
I don't think neither you nor skyyr could manage to thrive (or have fun) in MNM, despite both of you claiming to be about the "fight."

I'd have zero fun. There's no score or winners, so why bother?

If it was like a KOTH setup, I'd participate as those had enforced rules and a clear winner. I don't mind rules if there's a tradeoff in terms of winning or competition; but arbitrary rules that can't even get enforced without threads like these, and "for fun"? lol. That genuinely seems boring AF.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 11:48:04 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2024, 11:55:08 AM »
Seems to me that MNM is filled with dudes who say they hate HO'ing and vulching and then do the majority of HO'ing and vulching.  :huh
well hell...I had a blast! I was there for an hour never got HOed never got vulched(never tried to land either) fun on coms only thing negative that was happening was the disagreement between Jaeger and Shane. It was a pure dogfighting 3v1 1v1 4v4 . Yes I died allot but I had a pocket full of quarters!
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2024, 12:22:59 PM »
I've tried it.  Didn't like it because it was a copy and paste from the MA as I was horded the whole time while also dodging stupid towers and dealing with insane wind speeds when I try to perform legit maneuvers.  Let's not forget the ability to turn on the LCM to allow players to hit shots they wouldn't normally hit.  There's a training arena for that. I'll pass.

My comment wasn't passive aggressive or negative towards MNM or those that enjoy it.  My comment was pointing out that it shouldn't be an issue meaning this post should have never occurred because of the rules that are in place.  Just sounds like they need to be enforced. 

So, try again, dramaqueen.

Sounds like a bunch of excuses, "here for the fight" boi; and you're kind of young to be losing all your quick action reflexes, glasses need new rx? Perhaps you rely too much on roping or having an alt advantage to succeed?

20+ kills per hour for several people having fun.

For comparison, here's your MA stats for July:

Scores for Banshee7     in Melee Tour 294 
Kills per Hour of Flight   4.86     <----- must be HO/Vulch/Ropes, maybe a smattering of picks?

20+ kills (well, if you're any good that is) vs about 5...  for an hour a week.

Not seeing how the MNM furball environment is that much different than an MA furball in the sense of SA and picks, clearing 6's. If anything, MNM is more challenging (and fun) than MA furballs. The LCS isn't all you think it is. Take those sketchy front quarter shots, too, if you want!

For all your swol, you're still smol.