Author Topic: Jaeger - Eagler "vulched" you, not me  (Read 2362 times)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Jaeger - Eagler "vulched" you, not me
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2024, 12:27:45 PM »
It's more about the quick fight furball to work on SA, defense, and gunnery. It's literally the only place to quick fight now. Too bad it's only monday... should have 1 Saturday too I wish.

Only thing I wish could change is all people on one team to avoid ganging as well as airspawns to avoid any sort of vulching.

Score is pointless here IMO. It should be more about the fun of intense rolls and barrel rolls and close quarter combat. Taking it too seriously ruins it.

I like the buildings, adds another layer of difficulty sorta feels like you are flying through a big city swerving and weaving. Trying to use it to your advantage. It's something different.

I find these sorta of close quarters fights to be some of the most fun in AH if you aren't a dolt trying to take it too seriously .

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2024, 12:28:03 PM »
Scores for Banshee7     in Melee Tour 294 
Kills per Hour of Flight   4.86     <----- must be HO/Vulch/Ropes, maybe a smattering of picks?

Your kills per hour for July was 5.33 - not EVEN 1 kill more per hour LOL. Not even .5 more lol.

For August, your Kills per hour drops to 4.93 (Banshee's is 6.08).

Hey Pot, Meet Kettle.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 12:30:21 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2024, 12:30:57 PM »
Your kills per hour for July was 5.33 - not EVEN 1 kill more per hour LOL. Not even .5 more lol.

Hey Pot, Meet Kettle.

He was comparing K/H for Banshee to MNM. He wasn't comparing himself to Banshee....
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2024, 12:39:13 PM »
I'd have zero fun. There's no score or winners, so why bother?

If it was like a KOTH setup, I'd participate as those had enforced rules and a clear winner. I don't mind rules if there's a tradeoff in terms of winning or competition; but arbitrary rules that can't even get enforced without threads like these, and "for fun"? lol. That genuinely seems boring AF.

Yeah, we think you've made it clear ego > fun.   :rofl

However, there is a minor cookie for one's ego as mentioned, under snapshot event, summary for ego-friendly than detail (unless your ego demands an accounting of who you show down)  https://ahevents.net/index.php/event-logs

Here's what the summary for the recent MNM was (I'd have gotten more if I wasn't busy shaking Jaeger off my ankle.  :noid  :joystick: :airplane: )

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2024, 12:41:27 PM »
Yeah, we think you've made it clear ego > fun.   :rofl

However, there is a minor cookie for one's ego as mentioned, under snapshot event, summary for ego-friendly than detail (unless your ego demands an accounting of who you show down)  https://ahevents.net/index.php/event-logs

Here's what the summary for the recent MNM was (I'd have gotten more if I wasn't busy shaking Jaeger off my ankle.  :noid  :joystick: :airplane: )

So what you just told me is the #1 scoring guy in MNM is a guy who can barely break even in the MA and can't get a kill in the DA 1v1. That same guy is a guy who broke the rules and ultimately caused the start of this thread.

Yeah, you're selling the idea that "MNM teaches skill," lol.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2024, 12:44:42 PM »

For August, your Kills per hour drops to 4.93 (Banshee's is 6.08).

Hey Pot, Meet Kettle.

wrong flex... if anything, the fact I can thrive in MNM shows my superior skills.  For the MA I'm playing for a different kind of fun; furballing isn't crucial to my having fun in the MA.   I can see how you would struggle to discern what's being related here since it relates to your avoidance of the concept of "fun."

It's a flex made even more weird by the fact Banshee is a honey badger "all about the fight!"  I'm not, right - I'm soo timid!  And yet my lack of effort beats or nears his goblin mode for, what... K/T?  Does that make me a timid honey badger or him one? Clarity, please.   

Flexing for others  :rofl

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2024, 12:46:20 PM »
Not really a lie - your squad name is literally “MNM - Mind your Ho”
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2024, 12:46:44 PM »
Ya maybe me trying the tu2 in a mnm wasn't such a good choice but it was fun lol
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2024, 01:02:54 PM »
I can see how you would struggle to discern what's being related here since it relates to your avoidance of the concept of "fun."

Perhaps human psychology evades you or is completely a foreign topic; but despite your projections, people have different definitions of fun.

Fun for me is unbridled competition. Fun for me is not knowing what my opponent is going to choose. Fun for me is having to compete with more options, not less. Quite literally, events like MNM serve to reduce those variables by having less options. Events like these don't teach a transferable skill, they teach bad habits that don't work when those constraints are removed. For example, in what scenario would a low-alt cap ever be present? None. It doesn't exist anywhere except in someone's arbitrary rules. It literally serves as a handicap for the benefit of the players who don't understand the vertical.

Like I said, when the #1 scoring guy can't even get a kill 1v1 when starting on someone's six in the DA, I think it underscores my point quite well.

I'm glad you have an event you attend and I wish it the best of luck, I just have no interest in it.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2024, 01:07:43 PM »
I enjoy the usual friendly back and forth on the common channel..

The fog, buildings and short icon range add to the fun and uniqueness

The trees could be the fly under style but it's a blast as is

Sorry sky it's not an ego boost for any of us regulars...it would not feed yours adequately from what I have experienced in ma with your weird/psychotic behavior there..feel free to stay away lol

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2024, 01:11:41 PM »
Only thing I wish could change is all people on one team to avoid ganging as well as airspawns to avoid any sort of vulching.

The two times I was in there, I was one of only two players on my side while there were 7-8 on the other side.  I left after two or three sorties.

Sounds like a bunch of excuses, "here for the fight" boi; and you're kind of young to be losing all your quick action reflexes, glasses need new rx? Perhaps you rely too much on roping or having an alt advantage to succeed?

20+ kills per hour for several people having fun.

For comparison, here's your MA stats for July:

Scores for Banshee7     in Melee Tour 294 
Kills per Hour of Flight   4.86     <----- must be HO/Vulch/Ropes, maybe a smattering of picks?

20+ kills (well, if you're any good that is) vs about 5...  for an hour a week.

Not seeing how the MNM furball environment is that much different than an MA furball in the sense of SA and picks, clearing 6's. If anything, MNM is more challenging (and fun) than MA furballs. The LCS isn't all you think it is. Take those sketchy front quarter shots, too, if you want!

For all your swol, you're still smol.

I have given up on the "fight" mentality because there are none.  A large majority of players don't know how to fight and resort to gang/HO/ram tactics while also climbing to 20k (kinda like you and your LA7).  I have had more fun recently flying straight forward into full red dar bars, challenging myself to fly smart, survive, and create advantages while at a disadvantage.  What's even funnier is the only engagements we've ever had, YOU were the one coming in higher and at an advantage accusing ME of being a weeb because I know how to maintain my E.  You're so bad, your higher, faster, more maneuverable Spit 8 almost lost to a fat, slow P-38 all while I was learning to use Track IR.  Pat yourself on the back, boy, I know you need it.  You are the single most hypocritical player in this game while trying to play victim.

The only superior skills you have are running for pathetic excuse of a mouth.  I can't wait until the next thread you make whining about SOMETHING. 

I can also give a couple of explanations for my K/T (which I have been trying to improve), such as the fact that most players here run for quit upping when there's resistance.  But, I know you'll claim that's only an excuse and make up some other weird name for me.

Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 01:19:35 PM by Banshee7 »
Tours 86 - 296

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2024, 01:12:11 PM »

Sorry sky it's not an ego boost for any of us regulars...it would not feed yours adequately from what I have experienced in ma with your weird/psychotic behavior there..feel free to stay away lol

Eagler
lol I spent the whole time on comms begging for my life or telling the hurricane to hold still lol
"scott66"        

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2024, 01:17:57 PM »

Eagler

The guy who made posts about me before I ever came back to the game and commented on my flying, is calling me psychotic for killing him in a video game. In fact, your last death was you flying at me as I was rtb.

You might want to read both a dictionary and Robert Shaw's book again.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 01:30:12 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2024, 01:32:27 PM »
Second half of scotts video shows some of the fun possibilities

https://www.youtube.com/live/v95VFfg2b4g?si=NOGINODU78lVtHhY

With the small map it takes just a handful of players for fast non stop action

Glad you enjoyed it scott66!

Eagler
« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 01:35:08 PM by Eagler »

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2024, 01:41:04 PM »
Second half of scotts video shows some of the fun possibilities

https://www.youtube.com/live/v95VFfg2b4g?si=NOGINODU78lVtHhY

With the small map it takes just a handful of players for fast non stop action

Glad you enjoyed it scott66!

Eagler
it was exciting but I'm not looking to learn how to improve my skills I'm just looking to have fun.. im a mumbler turned down sound  on video
« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 01:44:01 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"