Author Topic: Gauging Interest in a 1v1 Tournament with Prizes  (Read 2506 times)

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
Re: Gauging Interest in a 1v1 Tournament with Prizes
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2024, 05:58:05 PM »
... two members swapped IDs using valid game mechanics (change ID) in the MA and DA during normal gameplay
Quite the hole you just dug yourself... Again.  In whose mind would doing something like this be considered "normal"? Just another example of the extremes you'll go to to cheat the game and its community. As pathetic as this makes you, it makes Vraciu is even worse than I previously even imagined.

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2024, 05:59:39 PM »
Quite the hole you just dug yourself... Again.  In whose mind would doing something like this be considered "normal"? Just another example of the extremes you'll go to to cheat the game and it's community. As pathetic as this makes you, it makes Vraciu is even worse than I previously even imagined.

Please, praytell, how is voluntarily switching callsigns "cheating"?

By claiming that's cheating, you've dug yourself in a pit that no amount of backpedaling will get you out of. Go ahead, explain.  :rofl
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2024, 06:05:27 PM »
Oh, so it wasn't done as part of any deception then? Yeah, right.

The fact that you don't recognize the problem with it says everything, and is the least surprising thing I've read today.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2024, 06:06:18 PM »

By claiming that's cheating, you've dug yourself in a pit that no amount of backpedaling will get you out of. Go ahead, explain.  :rofl

Might not be a violation of terms or morays but it’s a clear violation of trust and that’s pretty much all we have left here.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2024, 06:12:02 PM »
Oh, so it wasn't done as part of any deception then? Yeah, right.

The fact that you don't recognize the problem with it says everything, and is the least surprising thing I've read today.

Nope. We did it to confuse and troll the Muppets and POTW at the time; it was pretty funny watching them go nuts when they were getting nailed at 1000yds with 30mm and saying "how TF did <playername> make that shot?! They don't even fly 109s!?!" Which ironically led them to beating their chests and challenging said players to the DA... which did not end well for them.

That's not cheating, that's having genuine fun - and it IS fun, because 9 years later, they're still beating their heads against a wall claiming "cheat" and they never realized what happened. It was completely fun and legitimate.

That said, you're purposely dodging the question because you realized you stated something false ("cheating"). Got it.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2024, 06:16:41 PM »
There was no event nor did I mention names. I'm saying that the accusations which occurred are lies and two members swapped IDs using valid game mechanics (change ID) in the MA and DA during normal gameplay, to which smooth-brain types like nrshida claimed that I had logged into someone else's account.

No event, just normal day-to-day gameplay.

So how did it go down? Since both IDs were in use, did someone change their name to something different? Then of course, it must be kept for 30 days until it can be changed back...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2024, 06:23:20 PM »
That said, you're purposely dodging the question because you realized you stated something false ("cheating"). Got it.

If you read what I wrote, you'll note that I said that this is typical behavior for you to "cheat the game and its community". The example you give is exactly that.

I wonder how many other times you've pulled this trick? How many other such tricks (cheats) are you not letting on about?

For anyone skimming who's considering participation in Skyyr's latest "look at me" attempt, take note that if you're matched against an easy win, for example Vraciu, Skyyr will change his call sign to "Vraciu" and fly the match in his stead.

According to Skyyr it is within the rules so there's nothing wrong with that.

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2024, 06:25:15 PM »
So how did it go down? Since both IDs were in use, did someone change their name to something different? Then of course, it must be kept for 30 days until it can be changed back...

This occurred 9 years ago, but since you asked:

Player #1 creates a new account, player #2 changes ID, player #1 creates ID using player #2's name.

When done, player #1 gets to change their name again (since they've never used a name change). Player #2 creates another account to reclaim the ID and either fly using that new account or waiting until the timer resets on their original account.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 06:52:10 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2024, 06:27:34 PM »
If you read what I wrote, you'll note that I said that this is typical behavior for you to "cheat the game and its community". The example you give is exactly that.

I wonder how many other times you've pulled this trick? How many other such tricks (cheats) are you not letting on about?

For anyone skimming who's considering participation in Skyyr's latest "look at me" attempt, take note that if you're matched against an easy win, for example Vraciu, Skyyr will change his call sign to "Vraciu" and fly the match in his stead.

According to Skyyr it is within the rules so there's nothing wrong with that.

So using another name is cheating the community? You're digging yourself deeper brah. You just implied anyone with a shade account is a cheater.

Re: tournament rules; (un)fortunately, you're wrong.

Every player here is required to provide the ID they will be using. This was always a requirement of tournaments. Ergo, to change IDs to anything other than the one you are using is cheating. It's pretty simple.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 07:03:06 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2024, 06:28:42 PM »
Player #1 creates a new account, player #2 changes ID, player #1 creates ID using player #2's name.

When done, player #1 gets to change their name again (since they've never used a name change). Player #2 creates another account to reclaim the ID and either fly using that new account or waiting until the timer resets on their original account.

Dude.. you need to leave..the levels you stoop to are the lowest.  I don't doubt your good at the game, but you need a psychiatric check, and some another few years away from here.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt when you were allowed back, but you are just a dick.

Iver never seen a positive interaction with you, and well.. the fact you think anyone wants to do anything like this that you're associated with is almost funny.

You detract from this community.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 06:39:19 PM by Lazerr »

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2024, 06:31:19 PM »
Dude.. you need to leave

Well this occurred 9 years ago and no mention was made of which members did it, sooo...
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2024, 06:34:14 PM »
Dude.. you need to leave

It is insane that he feels this is all perfectly fine. I mean, who even thinks of this stuff?

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2024, 06:36:04 PM »
It is insane that he feels this is all perfectly fine. I mean, who even thinks of this stuff?

The same players who have been telling you that you can legitimately track enemies using the score page.

One day you'll realize we're dead serious lol.

Did you know you can fly almost any plane without a vstab indefinitely and controllably?  :rofl
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2024, 06:39:02 PM »
I mean, who even thinks of this stuff?

Someone who's trolling.

Can we let this thread get back on track though. If you have interest in competing in a bracket/tournament show your interest. If you aren't interested you probably don't even have to waste your time posting.
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2024, 06:43:17 PM »
Well this occurred 9 years ago and no mention was made of which members did it, sooo...

Hey man, it's nothing personal.. I don't have a problem with you as a person.  How you act here though apparently has some people a little bothered, rightfully so I'd say.