Author Topic: Not a wishlist request, this is a plea  (Read 1490 times)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Re: Not a wishlist request, this is a plea
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2024, 01:45:30 PM »
I wouldnt even call those furballs. There was 6-10 Rooks flying over V6 at 15-20k, and as soon as they lost their alt advantage they would run away. I have a film a 5 of them running from me, thats not a furball.

There was some base grabs, Bish grabbed a couple early, but the Knights were on a roll later in the night. The biggest issue is the numbers. Many players log in, see that map, and log out.
i was forced to do what Dale has told us to do when numbers drop and ENY takes effect. I switched to Bish after helping take several bases near their HQ. I did not drop it but i did encourage the tea bag.

The nuke i recieved in return from a few knights for going traitor was glorious. I even got cursed in spanish by a players wife for it. I told him he needed to stick his thumb up her butt and smell it in return

Yup, totally inappropriate. The level of disrespect on my part far exceeded the cause and effect of the games current setup. Be advised, personal attacks on my character on 200 and getting wives involved directly with me will warrant the most ridiculous responses you can imagine in my repertoire of degenerative intellect. I have zero regrets switching to Bish to fight the late Knight crew once the base takes stalled and I had zero assistance from friendly fighters facing up to 7 rook fighters vs my b17s.

I had a blast last night and will play the villain and fool every single time if thats what it takes  :rock
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2024, 02:24:33 PM »
The rotation atleast needs to be randomized into a new rotation.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2024, 02:33:16 PM »
As he has been replying in other threads, a word from hitech himself on this thread and the possibility of a map list/rotation change would be greatly appreciated by all of us..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2024, 08:46:30 PM »
CraterMA is a smaller map I do enjoy. It’s one of the OG maps I always like to see.

Given that I only play an hour or two a night I miss a lot of my favorite maps.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2024, 08:54:31 PM »
I agree Dadtallica, CraterMa is one of the better maps.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2024, 09:53:13 PM »
I wouldnt even call those furballs. There was 6-10 Rooks flying over V6 at 15-20k, and as soon as they lost their alt advantage they would run away. I have a film a 5 of them running from me, thats not a furball.

I have found that if you fly an older aeroplane, such as a Spit I, or a 39Q, or a 38G, or a 202, or even a Tony or Hellcat, you will attract people who will want to fight you.  Really, I almost always manage to find fun fights, regardless of the map.  I was pleased to see that last night there were people flying D25s, which is sort of the same thing.

I realize that HTC may have placed a pulsating "Oldman" icon over my plane, that only I can't see, but it still works out as a fun time.

- oldman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2024, 10:16:22 PM »

I have found that if you fly an older aeroplane, such as a Spit I, or a 39Q, or a 38G, or a 202, or even a Tony or Hellcat, you will attract people who will want to fight you.  Really, I almost always manage to find fun fights, regardless of the map.  I was pleased to see that last night there were people flying D25s, which is sort of the same thing.

I realize that HTC may have placed a pulsating "Oldman" icon over my plane, that only I can't see, but it still works out as a fun time.

- oldman

The D25s were most likely due to ENY. Bish were hit pretty hard around 10, Knights got it around 11PM eastern. Sure, I found a number of fights, but the Furball were NOT furballs, just pickers and runners. With Buzzsaw up the numbers were lower that normal and that just makes it tougher, but I had fun and I'll be back.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2024, 02:49:04 PM »
In flight AWACS needs to go to slow this trash down. Keep it in the hangar so you can see what’s going on. Lose it in the air so you have to look out the cockpit. Have the dar bar refresh increased to almost instant.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2024, 03:19:59 PM »
I'd be happy with NDIsles everyday....
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2024, 03:51:18 PM »

One of my old school faves. I think it stills need some more tweaks but I like the newest one.

Baltic is still my all time favorite.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2024, 07:23:47 PM »
i was forced to do what Dale has told us to do when numbers drop and ENY takes effect. I switched to Bish after helping take several bases near their HQ. I did not drop it but i did encourage the tea bag.

The nuke i recieved in return from a few knights for going traitor was glorious. I even got cursed in spanish by a players wife for it. I told him he needed to stick his thumb up her butt and smell it in return

Yup, totally inappropriate. The level of disrespect on my part far exceeded the cause and effect of the games current setup. Be advised, personal attacks on my character on 200 and getting wives involved directly with me will warrant the most ridiculous responses you can imagine in my repertoire of degenerative intellect. I have zero regrets switching to Bish to fight the late Knight crew once the base takes stalled and I had zero assistance from friendly fighters facing up to 7 rook fighters vs my b17s.

I had a blast last night and will play the villain and fool every single time if thats what it takes  :rock

Disagree with you on so many things like this thread but I've always found ya to be a fun fight.  Just give us Bish a break eh?  :neener:
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline GOODBYE

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2024, 08:42:11 PM »
In flight AWACS needs to go to slow this trash down. Keep it in the hangar so you can see what’s going on. Lose it in the air so you have to look out the cockpit. Have the dar bar refresh increased to almost instant.

Agreed, I think the old radar system from AH2 should be back. Old GV dar, old air dar, all of it. I’m going to catch hate from the GVers but also change the spotting distance to what it was before. There were plenty of time I could hide in a tree in the old AH and not be spotted… now you can sit next to a building and not be spotted. The old GV dar made sneaking bases so much easier as well vs the awacs. I shouldn’t be able to spot a goon on the ground just because I fly next to him, that’s bogus

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: Yesterday at 12:58:38 AM »
The rotation atleast needs to be randomized into a new rotation.

Absolutely. Terribly disappointing when you know the next map isn’t appropriate for time of the day… 👇

Knowing that NDIsles was next today after Bish morning horde bled into day time caused me to call out on 200 incoming raids to Rooks to stop the map win. As usual hardly any effort to stop the horde from whatever they get out of it this point  :headscratch:

I’m only getting to play about once every 2-4 days at this point, it’s a full day off, but when it’s mornings I’m not excited at all about trying to get Knights to help stop Jokers, now even side switching to Rooks to stop them is useless. Right Lazer? I saw you individually have success but Rooks seemed as apathetic as Knights.

Night/prime time is the only point in the day that has any variety anymore.

Daily:
0300-0400 EST: Capera hits Knight AA and maybe city/radar.
Knights/Rooks Zombie mode 3-8 players for each, Bish 2-5 players.

0400-0500: Knight/Rook static, Bish/Jokers(early birds) start to roll in.

0500-0600: now Bish are getting ENY and making use of Knights strats down.

0500-0700: Capera and/or other Bish hit Knight strats again. Jokers begin mass log in. Usually map win here, but possibly a bit later, and a 2nd map win before noon.

0700-1000: B: 15-23 players, K: 5-8, R: 3-10.
Bish take 25%+ of Knights and potentially win the map (possibly earlier) OR now all focus on winning map from Rooks (possibly later but before noon).

~1100 Map resets and Bish try to repeat process with much less effectiveness.

The remainder of any given day varies but the pattern described setting up the day/evening is literally the same every day ad nauseam. It’s seriously losing its appeal and quickly, I don’t resupply towns via M3 and I’m not about to spend precious finite minutes on this planet doing that.

I don’t think good ‘ol Hank done it this way, we need to change.

P.s. Yes there are easy targets coming behind Joker hvy 38s/47s, it isn’t all that much fun just picking off jabos, for me at least.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:29:18 AM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: Yesterday at 01:03:59 AM »

Literally the most stagnant game play this morning/afternoon I’ve seen all year because of that map. Sorry, but that’s one I find nothing of value for daytime play on, night is different with the FT island. Long commutes on that map to everything except AA/radar strats!!  :bhead 

We desperately need Me163’s enabled at every strat, at this point it’s ridiculous, might as well just be Buzzsaw all the time as is.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:30:21 AM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: Yesterday at 05:24:36 AM »
Absolutely. Terribly disappointing when you know the next map isn’t appropriate for time of the day… 👇

Knowing that NDIsles was next today after Bish morning horde bled into day time caused me to call out on 200 incoming raids to Rooks to stop the map win. As usual hardly any effort to stop the horde from whatever they get out of it this point  :headscratch:

I’m only getting to play about once every 2-4 days at this point, it’s a full day off, but when it’s mornings I’m not excited at all about trying to get Knights to help stop Jokers, now even side switching to Rooks to stop them is useless. Right Lazer? I saw you individually have success but Rooks seemed as apathetic as Knights.

Night/prime time is the only point in the day that has any variety anymore.

Daily:
0300-0400 EST: Capera hits Knight AA and maybe city/radar.
Knights/Rooks Zombie mode 3-8 players for each, Bish 2-5 players.

0400-0500: Knight/Rook static, Bish/Jokers(early birds) start to roll in.

0500-0600: now Bish are getting ENY and making use of Knights strats down.

0500-0700: Capera and/or other Bish hit Knight strats again. Jokers begin mass log in. Usually map win here, but possibly a bit later, and a 2nd map win before noon.

0700-1000: B: 15-23 players, K: 5-8, R: 3-10.
Bish take 25%+ of Knights and potentially win the map (possibly earlier) OR now all focus on winning map from Rooks (possibly later but before noon).

~1100 Map resets and Bish try to repeat process with much less effectiveness.

The remainder of any given day varies but the pattern described setting up the day/evening is literally the same every day ad nauseam. It’s seriously losing its appeal and quickly, I don’t resupply towns via M3 and I’m not about to spend precious finite minutes on this planet doing that.

I don’t think good ‘ol Hank done it this way, we need to change.

P.s. Yes there are easy targets coming behind Joker hvy 38s/47s, it isn’t all that much fun just picking off jabos, for me at least.

I happened to be rook from the previous night or two.  There was 4 of us online when the bish won, only 2 of us active.

They can be stopped, people just would rather hide from them and not fight.