Author Topic: Wirble stops firing at 1,600 20mm rounds  (Read 352 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Wirble stops firing at 1,600 20mm rounds
« on: October 18, 2024, 04:56:14 PM »
Every time in a Wirble it stops firing when the 4x20mm turret hits 1,600 rounds left using mouse button or F on keyboard.

Just realized today the turret will continue firing using stick trigger or keyboard N button, but not F or mouse like it was for the first ~2k rounds.

Any ideas why? Asking on country, the responses were this isn’t happening to anyone else…
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Wirble stops firing at 1,600 20mm rounds
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2024, 05:25:25 PM »
Maybe pressing F only activates half of the guns. 
Try the letter B.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2024, 05:31:29 PM »
Cannons are nice but 8 50 cals will put 13lbs per second of lead on target. Just sayin'.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2024, 02:17:06 AM »
Maybe pressing F only activates half of the guns. 
Try the letter B.

Hmm, I’ve never used B for anything in game that I can remember. I don’t believe I’ve remapped but just a handful of keys over the years. I fly more so what’s mapped to stick buttons is most important.

Anyhow I’ll have to try that but the keys I use most besides the most obvious = T/F12 (I mapped opposite of default) are N for fire all (only used this in bomber-gunner prior to the reason for this post) F for fire primary, Backspace for weapon toggle.

I suppose I should look into my key mapping…

In the past I’ve thought that Wirble barrels needed a cool down time if used continuously for too long, but I was told on country by several that in AH gun cooldown does NOT exist…  So back to square one it seems atm.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2024, 02:19:03 AM »
Cannons are nice but 8 50 cals will put 13lbs per second of lead on target. Just sayin'.

If I didn’t feel like I’m looking into/through a microscope to shoot…I’d love the M16. 

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2024, 09:57:01 AM »
There are 3 fire functions that can be mapped, Fire Primary, Fire Secondary and Fire All Guns (fires all gun stations like in a bomber). By default, F default is mapped to Fire Primary, N by default is mapped to Fire All Guns. And B is mapped to Fire Secondary.

So my guess is you have mouse button mapped to Fire Primary.

HiTech

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Today at 01:25:07 AM »
Thank you sir.

I was in today but forgot to look at key mapping for mouse.

Maybe I’m missing something about the Wirble, if the 4x20mm’s is primary fire and my mouse is mapped to fire primary, it should fire all ~3200 rounds using same button? When I have 1,600 rounds left it stops firing. With the remaining 1600 I have to use N or trigger (same mapping).

Shorter version:
Are all 4x20mm firing as primary? What’s causing the stop at 1,600 rounds remaining?

Offline unlined

• Zinc Member
      • basketball stars
« Reply #7 on: Today at 02:26:20 AM »
Ensure that you have the latest firmware and software for your Wirble controller and the game you're playing. Outdated software can sometimes cause compatibility issues  :airplane:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: Today at 03:07:05 AM »

Shorter version:
Are all 4x20mm firing as primary? What’s causing the stop at 1,600 rounds remaining?

Fire Primary fires two of the guns, Fire Secondary shoots the other two. Only Fire All shoots all of them at once. If you use Fire Primary, it stops once the ammo supply of those two guns is used up.

The real world Wirbelwind gunner had two foot pedals for this, each one would shoot a set of two barrels. He could opt to fire just one of them or in unison.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman