Author Topic: Had a fun night! Pics!  (Read 978 times)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Had a fun night! Pics!
« on: January 03, 2002, 12:03:00 AM »
Thought I'd share some nice captures I took after a few sorties I flew this evening.  Took these in the Film Viewer, love he external views....

1)  P38 vs Lancaster

2)  Kill # 2...2nd Lanc

3)  Had fighter perks at last!  Like anyone else in a Perk Plane, I developed a severe case of P.I.S.  (Perk Induced Stupidity).  Got too close to an M16 and lost both wingtips!  I DID bring this bird home, what a challenge!  Only had rudder and elevator, flaps and ailerons were toast.

4)  Cruising at Hi-alt to shut done rooks frontline radars.  

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
Had a fun night! Pics!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2002, 07:50:00 AM »
I flew the P38 for about a month prior to the Big Week (for practice) but one of the things I enjoyed most in the MA was getting to altitude and buff hunting.  I'm surprised you got so close to that 1st Lancaster w/out him shooting at you, or so it appears.  

But now I'm on to the F4U-1, and she don't climb so well so it's hard to get at the buffs.  Just plain hard to do anything with all the LA7s and Spits around.  

Good caps!

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Had a fun night! Pics!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2002, 09:21:00 AM »
Hey Puke

I was suprised I was able to get so close, too.  They were practically over target, but the bomb doors were not open.  Apparently I caught the guy asleep.  Also in the area was a P-51D 3k away from me, but not doing anything to challenge my approach.  The pucker factor was there!

I was shot down by a diving P47 shortly after the 2nd Lanc was destroyed.  At that altitude (24k), its their turf.  I couldn't outrun em nor out turn em.  But I tried!