Author Topic: Here's a perk point object that beats all: the A-bomb  (Read 719 times)

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Here's a perk point object that beats all: the A-bomb
« on: January 31, 2001, 06:44:00 PM »
How about allowing someone the ability to load up a perk bomber with a perk bomb?  Namely, the atomic bomb.  Of course, you'd give it some ungodly high number, so that it happens once every three weeks.  Maybe even have a peculiar arming sequence brfore drop.  Still, if it's possibilities you want, there you go  
ingame: Raz

funked

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2001, 06:56:00 PM »
Great idea.  One bomb and a whole field goes down for an hour.  You could get a LOT of kills.  Of course you better warn the friendlies to clear the area, lest killshooter take you out.  

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 01-31-2001).]

TheWobble

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2001, 07:08:00 PM »
I wouldent put TOO high of point value on it, I mean leveling a field isnt the end of the world, I wouldnt waste a nuke on a field, when you could destroy an entire strategic target with it, or a HQ, if there were nukes I doubt you would see them dropped on fields very often..How about the grand slam, or that wierd german anti ship missle, the more the merrier!

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2001, 07:31:00 PM »
Bu-bu-but it's Nulcear!  The veeble-crested Vole could lose it's self esteem!

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2001, 08:34:00 PM »
I think its a good Idea. I started another thread in gameplay about perk objects in bombers instead of perk planes. I think that we allready have the bombers most likly to be considered perks.
Of course the lanc could probably not escape from an atom blast and you would have to be in your perk b29 to carry it. You would see the cloud from the whole map I guess eh?
my other thread. (I was acctually thinking of nukes when I wrote tallboy...but that was a small grand slam wasnt it. the nukes where fatboy and ???) http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum8/HTML/001107.html

Offline iculus

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2001, 08:51:00 PM »
Think of what that might do to the sheep!  

A perk bomb is a good idea, but an A-bomb?  I'd rather have a grand slam.  The A-bomb was used twice in the history of man!  It was a weapon of fear, and still is.  Fear is useless in AH: "Knights...surrender, two of our guys are packing nukes..."    As it is, a pair of Lancasters can level a city.

My 2 bits,
<S>IC

[This message has been edited by iculus (edited 01-31-2001).]

TheWobble

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2001, 09:09:00 PM »
A-Bomb is to many THE most remembered weapon of WW2, its one of the first thing ya think of when you hear the phrase WW2, isnt it kind of sacrilegious to not have it?  I think it could have a good role in ah, but ONLY if perked at a reasonable level, maby allow a deacent pilot to be able to afford it once every 10 sorties, bear in mind the pilot has already had to buy a b-29,  Like I said, the nuke would be far to good at leveling strat targets to be wasted on a simple field attack.  It could fit in well, Grand slams and such would be really cool aswell.  and Tiny time rockets.

[This message has been edited by TheWobble (edited 01-31-2001).]

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2001, 09:32:00 PM »
Can't you just see it now?

"Guys, we need help at 10!"

...silence...

"Guys, get to 10 NOW!"

...more silence...

"Ok, here comes the show-stopper on the A1 furball!"

"WTF!"
"WTF!"
"WTF!"
"WTF!"
"WTF!"
"WTF!"
"WTF!"
"WTF!"

ad infinitum.

I bet there are some strat guys that would spend 20,000 points just to do that once...  

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2001, 09:46:00 PM »
A nuclear bomb is a terrible thing to waste....

TheWobble

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2001, 09:56:00 PM »
I dont think the nukes should be very huge, maby have the blast radius of about 1.5x the size of the city, make it destroy/damage planes from about 6k away, it wouldent be too devestating to planes near it unless they are fairly close to the blast point.  I I think it would be VERY nice, but it would have to have the flash and shockwave and shroom cloud modeled cool visually  (now is where the FR whiners come in)

[This message has been edited by TheWobble (edited 01-31-2001).]

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2001, 09:58:00 PM »
Mmmm...

G L O W  I N  T H E  D A R K  S H E E P

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2001, 10:26:00 PM »
OH!  And make the explosion very polygon intensive to simulate the blast/radiation effect!

"Geezus!  Everything went white alluvasudden!  MY FR dropped to 2!!!  What the hell HAPPENED?!?!  It's a frickin' slide show!  Oh, hey there's a mushroom on my si-"

ingame: Raz

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2001, 10:50:00 PM »
As long as HTC doesn't model the effects so perfectly that the EMP blows out every subsribers' computer.

Nukes, why not? But in all seriousness, GrandSlams and Tallboys for the Lancs!
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline iculus

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2001, 10:09:00 AM »
When I think of WWII, I think of B-17's, jazz music, and fog over England.

<S>IC

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2001, 10:14:00 AM »
Okay, I'll put my spin on it...if one does use the A-Bomb, then they have to donate all their perk points for the next tour to the country of which he bombed. (Think post-atomic and the re-build of Japan by US currency)