Author Topic: Declare a side as the "Strat" side  (Read 195 times)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Declare a side as the "Strat" side
« on: January 21, 2002, 09:32:38 PM »
Then split the furballers between the two remaining fields. In this way the napoleans can plot the conquest of the earth with like-minded individuals, honing their skills until base capture is as simple as "Send 20 mossies to a rear base with an 8 goon back up!" The mindless furballers will be oblivious until the very last base is captured, and by then they won't care because there will be reset!

The napoleans are happy because they get to do what they like- "own".

The furballers are happy because they do what they like- fight endless furballs.

Really, why not? If the strat minded are so goal-driven, certainly they can come to a consensus on a country. Think of all those perk points you would earn over and over. Think of all the "owning" you would accomplish. Think of how many times you could milk the edge of a furball. Think of the endless vultch potential. It's a siren song that calls you from afar. It's your destiny.

I don't have to entreat the furballers- they just want a fight. Bases come, bases go, but the fight is the important thing. As their collective I.Q.'s don't (apparently) reach triple-digits, attempts to convince them would fall on deaf ears anyway. Just grab them by the hair, look into their slack-jawed countenances and say, "fight,go that way! Ungowa!"

Eeeeeverybody is happy then.

Did I cover all the cliche's?

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2002, 09:41:28 PM »
gets my offical 'okey dokey'

HTC, make it so!

Kier, gimmie a call when its ready.

;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Dawggus

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nightmares.org
Re: Declare a side as the "Strat" side
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2002, 09:50:22 PM »
Originally posted by Kieran
"fight,go that way! Ungowa!"

WOW, somebody outta be able to cull a "Quote of the Week" or two out of these 'organization and lack thereof' threads ;).  I gotta take MLK day off more often and read the boards, twas a blast!  I found some good logic in both the 'Strat' and 'Furball' camps, and I like to spend time doing both.  I'm sure there is a happy medium in here somewhere, although the pendulum does tend to swing back and forth at times :).

Cya Up!

BFD

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2002, 11:27:27 PM »
oh, gezz, i thought you said 'straight"side

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2002, 12:06:25 AM »
Works for me.....

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
I still think it's a good idea.
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2002, 07:00:44 PM »
;)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2002, 07:40:22 PM »
oh, gezz, i thought you said 'straight"side

That would effectively pit the FDPs against the rest of the arena... them and their pink tutus.

AKDejaVu

Offline Exile

• Gold Member
      • http://www.simladder.com/
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2002, 07:46:04 PM »
The old AW Pac Arena Fighter Town is the solution. Drop in a Fighter Town in every MA terrain and everyone is happy. The same idea as Kieran has really, mine just has a waaay cool name dude. :cool:

Offline pbirmingham

• Copper Member
      • http://bigscary.com
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2002, 11:32:16 PM »
Originally posted by Exile
The old AW Pac Arena Fighter Town is the solution. Drop in a Fighter Town in every MA terrain and everyone is happy. The same idea as Kieran has really, mine just has a waaay cool name dude. :cool:

Hmmm.  That idea was floated a couple of months ago and went over like a fart in church.  Look for the "furball island" posts.

I like the idea personally, but many do not.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Ungowa!
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2002, 01:10:18 AM »
Well, we kinda have this, on the Isles Map (Central island ?). Does it realy matter ? :D
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Exile

• Gold Member
      • http://www.simladder.com/
Re: Ungowa!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2002, 06:33:53 AM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
Well, we kinda have this, on the Isles Map (Central island ?). Does it realy matter ? :D

The distinction being that there is 1 field per country and they cannot be damaged or captured.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2002, 08:23:38 AM »
nice in theory kieran..  the furball guys would never notice..  We wouldn't even read the rules probly..  eventually we would figure it out.   The cough, "strat" guys would go apopleptic tho...  Sure... they have allways shown a penchant for back slapping daisy chains but...

They need the attention... they need to know that people CAN"T ignore them.   anything that allows people to ignore them will make them wither and die.
lazs

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2002, 11:21:04 AM »
Lazs said
They need the attention... they need to know that people CAN"T ignore them. anything that allows people to ignore them will make them wither and die.

Right, just like how you act on this BBS!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2002, 02:45:41 PM »
well.... it certainly is true that you can't ignore me.
lazs