Author Topic: Give us AMRAAMS ...  (Read 1104 times)

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Give us AMRAAMS ...
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2002, 08:41:58 AM »
Ammo, "we " are, for example, me, Karnak, Tac and GRUNHERZ.

Lars, connection problems should be considered, right, but these problems affect to any plane, not just to La7. And, as I find very easy to destroy a SpitIX, I also find very hard to damage a La7.

If Tac comments about smoke and flaps are correct, then it seems there was a known problem in the La7 damage model. What is that exactly? If you break a La7 flap the result is white/black smoke? Then what is the result of hitting La7 engine? Any other known bug there?

Wulfe, as I said before, a video doesnt demostrate anything. For example, If I had the 262 video with 3 30mm impacts in the La7 what would you say? Cause that, I prefer to know the general "feeling" of the people based on numerous kills/assist or even unsuccsessful kill attempts. A single video is only one case, and one case could be considered as "anecdotal". I'm 100% that if I had posted some of the videos of these more than 100 La7 kills, people like ammo or Lepth would insist that these are "anecdotal" cases based on net lag or whatever excuse.

Leph and ammo, it is funny how you think that my post is a whine, even a typical "spanish" whine while nothing is said about Grunherz, Hazed, Tac and karnak commets. It seems they agree with that "anecdotal and biased perception of the reality".

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Give us AMRAAMS ...
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2002, 09:26:47 AM »
I found out about the la7's smoking bug when I tried it in a furball. I took an amazing dose of pings from 2 spit, a n1k, a 190 and from another la7.

After the spits and the n1k had wasted half their cannon ammo hitting me, I heard something break and I started smoking. Checked damage and saw the flap gone. *shrug*. A moment later the 190 sneaked behind me and shot the hell out of me, but didnt rip anything out. Finally the other la7 managed to shoot my wing out with a burst. The 190 pilot privd me, he was using 4X20mm loadout and hit me so much he was surprised I kept flying. I told him he didnt know half of it.

I have yet to be able to shoot down an la7 without shooting its wing out. That just dont happen.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Give us AMRAAMS ...
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2002, 09:31:31 AM »
Watch the film I posted above Tac.

And Mandoble, that film isn't the exception. That's the norm for me.

Argue it all you want, but it ain't the damage model.
-SW

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Give us AMRAAMS ...
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2002, 10:20:53 AM »
Tac, do you have a film of that encounter? If so, send it to Wulfe (I dont need it) and then say: "Argue it all you want, but it IS the damage model".

Wulfe, I suppose you dont believe in my experiences (some of them described here), also you dont believe in the karnak ones, or Tac ones, etc, right? And your video is the definitive demostration of how easy to destroy a La7 is.

Well, if you are trying to convince me about La7 vulnerability, dont waste your time, I have seen just too many cases of "concrete" La7s.

Was the real La7 an extremely hard to damage plane? More resistant than a IL2? If not, then, IMO, we have a problem with the DM.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Give us AMRAAMS ...
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2002, 10:26:47 AM »
Let's see Mandoble. You claim "we have a problem with the DM" because YOU, Tac, and Karnak- without showing us what you are seeing- are commenting on second hand experiences that can easily be misconstrued.

*I* offered up a film, there are clearly 4 concentrated MG151/20 hits on the tail section and it rips away. I've seen the Il-2 in game take more than that. And I can reproduce it too.

"problem", not at all.
-SW

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Give us AMRAAMS ...
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2002, 11:03:33 AM »
Not, Wulfe, I'm not claimming that we have a problem with the DM because I have no idea about how resistant was the real La7.
I'm claimming that, based on my experience, La7 is the most durable fighter of our planeset. Do you find P47D30 or 190A8 (a supposed flying tank) more durable planes? If not, was the real La7 more durable than these planes? If not, are P47 or 190A8 underarmoured? If not ...

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Give us AMRAAMS ...
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2002, 11:04:36 AM »
I find the P47 more durable than the La7.

The 190A8 depends on where it's hit.
-SW

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Give us AMRAAMS ...
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2002, 11:46:10 AM »
Originally posted by MANDOBLE

Leph and ammo, it is funny how you think that my post is a whine, even a typical "spanish" whine while nothing is said about Grunherz, Hazed, Tac and karnak comments. It seems they agree with that "anecdotal and biased perception of the reality".

I dont think its a typical "Spanish" whine, whatever that is... Looks like an attempt to make me look like I am some sort of biggot...Hope not. More like its typical for you or RAM..who happen to be Spanish.

Its jus hard for me to believe this. The LA7 is one of the top 3 AC in the arena, I see thme all the time, shoot alot of them down, and DO NOT see what you see.

The reason we are talking to you, is you are center stage.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Well, let's do it.
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2002, 01:39:28 PM »
I'm up for testing the various guns under controlled circumstances. I need someone to join me though. So gimme a holler if anyone wants to participate in this little experiment.

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Re: Well, let's do it.
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2002, 01:45:07 PM »
Look for me in MA.

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Give us AMRAAMS ...
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2002, 03:55:59 PM »
Originally posted by MANDOBLE
[BWell, if you are trying to convince me about La7 vulnerability, dont waste your time, I have seen just too many cases of "concrete" La7s.

[/B]

OK, now that the score page is fixed here's my stats vs the La7 since it's been introduced...

160 kills v 56 deaths...hince my anecdotal evedence shows I have no problem killing these concrete uber planes. I just don't see what the deal is, they are NO problem for me to kill.