Author Topic: Suggestion for the Ta152  (Read 690 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Suggestion for the Ta152
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2002, 06:05:40 PM »
Pongo,

You are correct.  I did not include the range advantage in the "easier to hit with" categorey.  The Typhoon is easier to hit with and vastly easier to hit with at range.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Suggestion for the Ta152
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2002, 05:13:15 AM »
And its ammo lasts longer :D :P
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Suggestion for the Ta152
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2002, 02:09:51 PM »
Wilbus,

The Tiffie's ammo only lasts longer if you only fire 2 guns at once.  I don't think that is common, and it would also equalize their firepower.  That is why I find that the Fw190D-9's ammo lasts longer.

I gave the Tiffie a better firepower rating than the Fw190D-9 due to the 4 cannon vs. 2 cannon and 2 13mm MGs.  Reducing that to 2 cannon vs 2 cannon and 2 13mm MGs balances the firepower.

Pick one, the Tiffie has better ammo endurance or the Tiffie has better firepower.  You can't have both.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline SageFIN

• Copper Member
Suggestion for the Ta152
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2002, 02:30:03 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
I gave the Tiffie a better firepower rating than the Fw190D-9 due to the 4 cannon vs. 2 cannon and 2 13mm MGs.  Reducing that to 2 cannon vs 2 cannon and 2 13mm MGs balances the firepower.

Umm -- no, it doesn't. Two hispanos are still better than two 2 151's and 2 peaguns.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Suggestion for the Ta152
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2002, 03:37:04 PM »
Cc Karnak, but the 2 Hispanos still beat the 2 Mg151's by far, and they got a longer range. The 13mm in the Dora is really more of a burden then a good thing since it adds alot to its weight and degrades its performance.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Suggestion for the Ta152
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2002, 05:04:59 PM »
Well, TWO hispanos are better than FOUR Mg151/20, and far better than TWO Mg151/20 plus TWO extra weight anti-paperplanes weapons. TWO hispanos + TWO 50" are also better than FOUR 151/20 + 2 EWAPP weapons. No way to compare.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Suggestion for the Ta152
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2002, 05:08:23 PM »
Now you guys are just going off on hyperbole.

I've used every gun in the game and while the Hispano is better, it's not that much better.

The 13mm guns can kill as well.  They do add firepower.

The hitting power of the 2 Hispanos is probably a little less than the 2 MG151/20s and the 2 13mms.  However the shooter needs to hold his fire until he is much closer with the German guns.  They kill fine though.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Suggestion for the Ta152
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2002, 12:27:51 AM »
On one sortie after running out of cannon ammo in the D9 my list of kills as follows (with 13mm MG)

Two Crows  (one might be a probable,recon still checking)

Two assists, both were pigeons and both incidently high angle deflection shots......saw many hit sprites on one of the pigeons left wings.....he started to smoke but didn't go in.  Must have augered when trying to land.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
Suggestion for the Ta152
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2002, 01:58:18 PM »
Returning to the Ta152 issue I do think for the MA the cost should be reduced to 15 , seems acceptable.  The Ta152 compared to other aircraft at lo alt frankly is mediocre , when I did go below 22k feet was on the returning leg of my flight,  if do get some kills while descending  I'd be very fortunate not getting hit in the process.

In the context of it being the definitive "best prop driven fighter of the war" you have to look at it in the role in which it was designed for meaning that compared to many of its current counterparts at its intended altitude of combat would have been unmatched for some time until the innevitable R&D caught with it and of course something else came. it was said that not even the Spit XIV or the P51H would have been capable of competing with it in the Stratosphere so it was very amazing indeed.

I do not see it unperked not only because of its low numbers but , that it can reach above 40k feet and out perform almost anything currently in the MA(exception the SpitIX :D ) with unbelievable range to go with it.

Plus it make us Ta152 pilot cremme de la cremme :p

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Suggestion for the Ta152
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2002, 01:12:50 AM »
Combat reports by TA152 pilots say that the plane could compet with anything, at most alts, if not all alts, could outmanuver most E fighters at all alts, tempest, P51's, P47's etc.

This it can do in the arean although it isn't the fastest at the deck, problem is that you allways fight in the odds of 10 to 1 when you fly a perk plane, and in teh TA152 you can't run.

Why the spit 9 is better at all alts above 20k is still a mystery to me, P38 about as good aboce 30k as the TA152 is, except for speed (and of course compression).
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson