Author Topic: Drop The Elite Tag!  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Drop The Elite Tag!
« on: January 30, 2002, 08:35:34 AM »
People who dislike the CT seem to love to label anyone that does like it as a self proclaimed elitest. I for one get tired of this constant BS. In fact not only am I not elite, I am pretty much a dweeb. I don't have great ACM ability, the majority of my kills happen when the guy Im attacking is busy and doesnt see me.
If I have to make more than two manuvers in an engagement I am in big trouble. When I fly in main I am easily overwhelmed in the SA department by the amount of threats, and targets.
No I am not elite, I do however love historical.........."well as historical as you can make them in a game aircraft matchups".
I do prefer flying with people that don't trash talk, and are out to enjoy themselves instead of just ragging everyone they kill on the radio. Theres so much of that in MA it's a huge turn off for me.
Must be my age....... The in your face chest beating, and berating of oppoants is all the rage in everything thing you see now days, where competetion is involved. Lazs, you like to take shots at this arena and those of us who fly it, you like to use the elite tag on us. To be honest I guess we should be honored, a guy of your ability saying thigs like that. Lazs like it or not your ELITE, your one of the masters of this sim, your one of the guys I see do things with these aircraft I can only dream of. Not that it matters to you, but you blow the whole mystique by mouthing off and berating people for flying or prefering CT. You can fly rings around me, and you can probably argue rings around me too, so I am way overmatched in my ability to get through to you. However it's a joke to me that you call people in here ELITEST, nobody thinks their too good for MA, they just like the setup of CT. There are some great pilots that show up in here,  Ammo and guys like him, who
have a skill level that I hope to achieve someday. They  manage to not only fly well, but also show class.
Thats my idea of ELITE.
:)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2002, 08:43:19 AM »
Lazs is the only one that's attached "elite" to the CT, probably because in another thread, we mentioned that icons are reduced, AWACS radar is not as global as it is in the MA, so one's Situational Awareness must be keener than in the MA.  It IS a tougher environment to fly in with the radar as it is if you do depend alot on radar.
The pilots I run into in the CT arena are alot better than 50% of the pilots in the MA simply because there are so many newbies in the MA.

Elitist attachment has only been attached by one pilot.  The guys in the CT arena tend to be folks that have flown AH for quite some time, though yesterday afternoon I saw a couple of names I hadn't seen before, and they were flying damn good!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2002, 08:54:11 AM »
lie to yourself but don't lie to me.   The "elitist" attitude is alive and well in the CT.   To claim that it takes more skill to fly a limited planeset with small numbers is ludicrous besides.
lazs

Offline Corwin

• Copper Member
On being normal
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2002, 09:47:52 AM »
Yep, you need to fly en masse, vulch, auger on your second attempted vulch and proclaim loudly on channel 1 that server lag caused it, re up and repeat to be considered normal in the MA.  If you really want to fit in don't forget to use profanity. You wouldn't want your silence to be construed as condescension.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2002, 08:14:13 AM by Corwin »

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2002, 10:59:53 AM »
the CT has the same tards as everywhere else.

F.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2002, 11:02:06 AM »
I am not a tard. My mom said I was special.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2002, 11:29:30 AM »
Rip,

I think if one were to go through the CT forum with an open mind, one would indeed find a significant number of posts that do in fact characterize the CT and/or CT Flyers as an "elite" environment.

While I don't agree with Laz... at this point in time... there has been some evidence to back up his assertion.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2002, 11:37:22 AM »
Toad, most of those posts were probably meant to get folks to come in and try it...I still stand by my comment "MA is a relaxed realism arena due to the AWACS style radar, where you don't have to check 6, just look at your map and find the red dot".  This was not a comment or shot at the  participants in the MA, but intended to expose the MA up as similiar to RR arena's from other simulations.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2002, 11:52:04 AM by Ripsnort »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2002, 12:00:26 PM »
there is nothing more "realistic" about the CT.   the skill level required to fly limited planesets against small numbers is less if anything.   I allways found the HA in WB to be much easier but boring.   I see no real difference here.  

If ripsnore basis his whole "relaxed realism" theory on radar or icon use then he will be simply thought of as a buffoon.   An "elitest" buffoon if you will.... A simple check of pilots stats that fly in the CT for both CT and MA sorties will show that there are indeed some very low skill people flying in the CT.   They are nothing but score padders for some of the better pilots.   In other words.... no different than in the MA but.....  When you run into low skill pilots in the CT.... They can't get away..  you don't have to watch 6 other planes as you saddle up.    It takes less skill, but more time  to kill a dweeb in the CT than in the MA.

Better class of people?   Maybe.. but I sure see a lot of pouting and hystrionics in here.  Bet the percentage works out about the same with the CT probly winning in the "full of themselves" category.    

I admit to being mediocre at this flight sim stuff but to see guys that even I can beat easily... guys that  have not shown me any particular talent, get in here and brag about how it takes more skill to fly the CT!  LOL.    some of the  best dgfighters I have ever seen are unknowns in the MA.  
lazs

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2002, 12:29:40 PM »
Equating the "dot dar" with the relaxed flight models of other simulations?

Huh? Say What?

The dar in the MA makes it a "Relaxed Realism" arena similar to other simulations where low-fidelity flight models were used in "Relaxed Realism" arenas?

Bad comparison, I think. The MA dar surely is overmodeled for WW2....... however, it has nowhere NEAR the effect that a low-fidelity flight model does on any given arena.

Not buying that comparison Rip.

Nor do I think the posts than anyone can find in this forum that either forthrightly claim elite status or subtly hint at it are talking about the radar settings.

I'm out of here......

we'll see how this arena develops.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2002, 12:49:16 PM »
Spitfire vs Spitfire?  Oh THAT'S Realims? LOL :)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2002, 12:50:51 PM »
Lazs, just curious, why do you attack someones name when they don't agree with you?  Enlighten me  please.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2002, 12:58:03 PM »
LMAO @ Raubie !

Elitis poeple in the CT ? I have never witnessed such a comment while flying in there and you just have to look at my score that I could not afford being one.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2002, 12:59:58 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out why lazs spends so much time in this forum if he has no interest in a CT?

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2002, 01:05:41 PM »
The CT's icons and dar settings are what set it apart.

Even if you enabled all the planes in the CT and had the same numbers, it will still be VERY different from the MA.

Just the fact that icons are short makes the entire dogfight be much better than the MA's... because the BOUNCE is possible, SA is paramount. And you dont get swarmed by others because they dont see your icon until they're close.

This effectively turns a large number of opposing planes in a sector from one HUGE furball into a large number of opposing planes in a sector fighting in many small, separated furballs (biggest ive seen in CT are 20 players from each side in 1 sector, and up to 4 to 6 people MAX in each small furball..).

To say the CT is elitist is moronic. Its just an arena with a set-up that LIMITS the gameplay concessions found in MA (read: dar and icon settings) and encourages historical match ups (planeset).

Imo, the CT is HARDER to fly and fight in because of the icon and radar settings, which makes the pilot with SA have an advantage over the MA pilot that brings the clipboard and gets instant information or sees everything around him up to d6.0 and knows what's going at a glance.