Author Topic: Drop The Elite Tag!  (Read 1902 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2002, 01:23:53 PM »
if "elite" = polite, mature and professional - I agree - CT is full of them.

Very nice not having to squelch 1 for a change ...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2002, 02:09:41 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
if "elite" = polite, mature and professional - I agree - CT is full of them.

Very nice not having to squelch 1 for a change ...

Geez, you guys talk like being an elitist is bad.  Me, I WANT to be an elitist.  I really have no desire to be just like everyone else.

No one is ever going to mistake the Oldman for a hot pilot.  But I'm glad I can fly in a place that attracts hot pilots.  I'm bound to learn more that way.

And, as Eagler notes, it's much nicer not to have the foulmouthed children around.

- oldman

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2002, 02:37:16 PM »
oldman we went up against each other in the stalingrad map. was much fun. You fly fine.

Each of us vet or rookie can learn something about the different plansets in the ct. Especially with those planes that dont get used much.

We are no better or worse then those that like the quick fights of the main.

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2002, 02:54:21 PM »
Do you know how hard it is to not jump in here and call lazs an idiot?

I am resisting the temptation though.

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2002, 03:02:45 PM »
Originally posted by Sunchaser
Do you know how hard it is to not jump in here and call lazs an idiot?

I am resisting the temptation though.

Good job! Sometimes, I have to run from the computer, open the door, get out of the house and yell 'WHAT A MORON!!!!' to let out the steam. But yesterday the neighbours called the police so I can't do it anymore now.

I'll have to find something else, or I'll blow a brain vessel soon....
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2002, 03:20:27 PM »
Lazs is an idiot.

Hmm,
I don't see what was so hard about that?

eskimo

Offline WildBlue

• Copper Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2002, 03:25:59 PM »
Hmmm.... diving into a furball and mixing it up vs. finding an enemy, circling each other like sharks and waiting to see who goes for it first, then enjoying a one on one fight that lasts longer than 3 seconds. Yup, I'll take the longer fight anyday! Does this make me elite? NO! It just shows that I would rather get killed in longer engagements than grab a few quick kills in a furball. And I can't wait for lazs to come back on this and say I suck because my stats aren't up to his "standards", because that would expose him as a hypocrite as far as "elitism" is concerned, lol. I simply enjoy a different style of play, that style is available to me in the C/T, so duh... I'll fly in the C/T. That style of play is no better or worse, just different. Hell, I've learned things from other pilots in C/T that I never would have in main. Ask about something in main sometime, at best you're ignored, at worst, you're immediately told to go away and called all sorts of names. Now tell me, would an "elitist" help fellow simjunkies who are having trouble? NO, they would look for them as a target, just like how it happens in main. Hmm...looks like if there is any elitists here, they're hanging out in MAIN, not C/T. Something to think about...

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2002, 03:34:25 PM »
ripsnore... I believe that my interpretation of peoples handles is simply more descriptive..  right desilly's?   Be glad that you hadn't chosen "jihad" I had a good time with his unfortunate choice.

oldman... sorry...  the very best pilots in this sim (or any other) will still be found in the MA.   Also... if you are not very good and wish to get good then it would be to your advantage to fight in the MA where you can get a lot of combat experiance very rapidly and stretch your SA and acm to the limit.

I admit to being mediocre but...  every fur in the MA is different and difficult.    They require certain skills.   After a steady diet of that  It was never any big deal to jump in a low icon HA and forget how 3/4 of the planes FM's worked and only have to worry about how 1-3 planes strenmgths and weaknesses played against my planes.   And really...What was so difficult about learning how to run away or attack only from an advantage with no risk?  

but as wotan says...  the pilots just aren't any better or worse than in the main.    
lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2002, 03:36:02 PM »
easy to say eskimo.... somewhat harder to prove.  especially if you're......   an idiot.
lazs

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2002, 03:42:20 PM »
(rolls eyes)  Your mom too?:)

NUTTZ

Originally posted by Raubvogel
I am not a tard. My mom said I was special.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2002, 03:44:33 PM »
wildblue... I agree.  your stats or mine mean nothing until.... someone with say a 00004 K/T says something like "i have no trouble finding a fight and anyone who does just doesn't know how too" or... someone with a 0.5/1 K/D starts talking about how easy it is to jump into a furball and get a kill or 3 in 3 seconds and then survive.   Maybe these guys really can find a fight or dazzle em in a furball but so far they haven't done it.  

With those two examples... I certainly wouldn't ask the former about "action"  nor, would I ask the later about furballs.   I would probly be a little miffed if they pretended to know anything about those things.
lazs

Offline WildBlue

• Copper Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2002, 03:58:53 PM »
Wow lazs, I'm impressed... that was actually a very intelligent way of telling me to go screw myself! Like I said, I do what I enjoy, and if that means my stats suck, fine. Also, I was playing with a worn out stick that would be fine one minute, screwed up the next, and then fine again later. Yes, that's my own fault, and I have a new one now, but it does show in my stats. Plus the fact that stats can be very misleading... ask my wingman how many times he died last night vs. how many kills he got. He didn't die once, for 7 kills. But yeah, I suck. The stats prove I have no right to talk about anything to do with AH. Yeah, right.......

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2002, 05:23:19 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
ripsnore... I believe that my interpretation of peoples handles is simply more descriptive..  right desilly's?   Be glad that you hadn't chosen "jihad" I had a good time with his unfortunate choice.

CC it shows us how witted you are. Don't worry I had seen your interpretation of my handle. Great.....really great.

Chances are slim that I ever choose Jihad as nickname, so please keep dreaming about what my handle coule have been...

Best bet for my next handle: Lazs_is_a_moron

EDIT: Oops i just saw your stats in the CT because hear! hear! Lazs logged into the CT! (now that I've seen everything, I can die)

Well, let's see: 6 sorties, 5 landed, 1 disco. 21'11'' total time. What were you doing? You couldn't find your butts without your so precious GPS dar?? Because I was there at that time, and the fight was all over the place.

Hey! wait a minute!! All your stats are 0.0000!!!!! I don't want to talk to you anymore. You ain't up to my standards!

Am I elitist? No. I'm just anti-lameness...

« Last Edit: January 30, 2002, 05:35:46 PM by deSelys »

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2002, 05:36:16 PM »
Originally posted by Furious
the CT has the same tards as everywhere else.

F.

LOL Furious, I wish I had said that!:D

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
Drop The Elite Tag!
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2002, 12:14:27 AM »
Ahem...I shouldn't post when I'm bug-eyed after a long day, and when net farts ruined a fun evening in the CT (MA suffered from those too btw).

For everybody reading this thread, including Lazs, I apologize for my low-level last posts.

Stats mean nothing for me, and honestly, chances are bigger that Lazs left CT after 20 min due to the bad connections than by boredom. I'm not saying here that he isn't wanted in the CT. Quite the contrary. We will accept his comments, even negative, much more easily when we will see him there.

The 'you-CT-elitists' argument, thrown ad nauseam in every thread lastly, finally pushed the right button on me, and made me burst. Lazs doesn't seem to be bothered by the fact that he is an elitist himself, judging people opinions here on basis of their K/T or kills #. He also seems to be very proud of his skills at this game. But what do those skills mean in real life? Nothing. This is just a computer game. A lot of people here, me included, forget it far too often.

One last thing: Lazs states that CT is easier because, as the planeset is limited, you don't need to know the performances of a high number of possible opponents. Right but....how many C.202 and ki-61 do you see in the MA? How many times are you fighting them in a fully developped dogfight? How many times are you fighting them without being helped by Spits, N1Ks, La7s??
I've found out, thanks to CT, that the Ki-61 is superior to the F4U-1 here, when it is often eaten alive by P51 and other fast planes in MA.
The planeset switches every week btw.

I've tried furballs in MA lastly. I'm certainly no hot rod, and I don't fly the F4U-1D often. I up one, dive into a furball, and rtb with 5 kills (2 of them were proximity kills) 10 min later. Yesterday, before going into the CT, I wanted to talk to a friend in MA. I up a P51, and rtb with 2 kills without much efforts.

My conclusions? Thanks to the high percentage in newbies in furballs, raking kills is actually easier in MA. You don't need much ACMs because a lot of bogeys are fixated on a target and won't try to avoid you, and if you're in trouble you just head towards a group of friendlies...SA is paramount tho, and keeping your speed high is a must. So I'm not sure one will be better at this game if just furballs in MA.

edited for typos
« Last Edit: January 31, 2002, 12:18:18 AM by deSelys »