Author Topic: Why are guys like Lazs spending so much time reading and posting here?  (Read 3092 times)

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
Why are guys like Lazs spending so much time reading and posting here?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2002, 02:09:45 PM »
Originally posted by Tac

I find lazs in the middle island of NDISLES a lot... massive furballs with so many AC types that it makes the furball be a mad rush to dive in, get as many snapshots as you can and try to turn and burn or exit the furball , get a little alt and repeat to the dive and snapshot routine.. but not in the CT where there's a furball with limited AC types and where this type of furball does not allow for the MA style snapshot/run/turn&burn scenario.

From this I can only guess that he's not interested in any kind of ACM'ing, but just to merely bounce others engaged in fighting someone else and getting an easy kill.

I'd be careful here. CT under the present plane set promotes about the worst type of ACM I've happened upon in a sim...ever. Allies simply joust, nothing more. No ACM, no attempt to out maneuver or out think, nothing of the sort, just HO. Its dweebery defined.

Insofar as the entire lasz debate goes, I have no comment and really no concern wrt it. I just wanted to point out that the CT is certainly no jewel of ACM. Quite the contrary from what I've seen this set.

Vortex
--)-Vortex----
The Musketeers, circa 1990

AH In-Game Handle: Vort

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2002, 02:38:52 PM »
"The real question is, "Why is anybody in this forum spending any time at all responding to Lazs' posts?"

He's got some kind of grudge against this type of arena, and he wants it to fail. By responding to him you only encourage him to post more.

If you don't give him what he wants (conflict) then he will get bored and go away and molest bomber pilots or Luftwaffe pilots or some other easier game."

funked... you've flown with me in "historical" arenas with reduced icon/radar range and you know perfectly well what I have against this kind of setup.   If that were not enough... you could simply read what I have written it is explained quite clearly....   And, oh, really... the targets don't get any easier than here...   luftwhiners and fluffers?  Heck... who do you think populates this arena?   Throw in a couple of brits and you pretty much have it.

vortex... i believe you have pegged the problem with "historical" arenas where people become easily familiar with the few FM's and even less combinmations.   Every fight becomes the same old "moves" with the newer guys simply dying due to lack of experiance.   short icons being more realistic as far as "real" SA is concerned is debatable but certainly we can see much better in real life than on a monitor.

having said all that.... I will repeat..  my suggestions were not meant to harm your arena in any way and would do what I said they would do.... give you some numbers and some new guys...  maybe even build up your "core" of players.   It was not altruistic, i admit...... I wanted my ideas implemented so that when an arena that was actually interesting and fun came along we would allready have the ideas in place and it woudn't die on the vine like your CT is.  
lazs

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2002, 02:49:29 PM »
Go home Lazsie!
Go home!

eskimo

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2002, 02:52:50 PM »
Lazs is just doing in AH what he did in AGW and Warbirds...  Once he pisses everyone off here (except his squaddies) , he'll just move on.  Consider it a bowel obstruction that will someday pass.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2002, 03:08:40 PM »
Lazsie,

What I am doing here is pointing out how your "ideas" or "opinions" as you like to call them, have no basis.  They are not ideas nor opinions, you say what you think will tick people off.

Calling it a "personal attack" may make you feel better, but everyone knows this is exactly how you speak to others.

Hard to refute the truth, isn't it Lazsie?

Go home Lazsie,
Tell Pa Timmy fell in the well again.

eskimo

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2002, 03:09:41 PM »
LAZ, Your allowed to speak your opinion, But theres alot of people that are working hard to make the CT work. Yes CT's never really worked in the past, but that was the past, Hopefully soon we will change your mind about the CT.  Just give it time for the CT team to work out kinks ,bugs a tweek here, a tweek there, a few "new" and refreshing maps, a few more "new" planes from HTC and I belive the CT WILL soon have the numbers.

I posted last night i was opening a map i will submit to the CT team in H2H, and was looking for people to come in make suggestions and give feedback, that invite was posted to all Including yourself. I will be testing it again maybe tomorrow night, That Invite still applies to you AGAIN!  

I think the CT will soon be the norm and the MA will be just practice for the CT. Thats Not an eletist statement. Hell, I hate whoever started tagging the CT people that. The MA has been filled to capacity lately and a new arena is inevitable, why not have a little different "twist"?

NUTTZ

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2002, 04:21:28 PM »
Come on guys, let lazs be........
He's got a right to his opinion, no matter how "out there" it may be.
I've been hoping lazs would grace us with his presence in the CT and give us a demonstration on how to fly the F4U-1, but seems we are not up to his standards.
C'mon lazs, show up and let us see what your superior SA and ACM can do against an historical adversary, be it the Zero, the Tony, or the N1K2..........time to put up or shut up!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2002, 04:23:50 PM by eddiek »

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2002, 04:41:44 PM »
my cat keeps stickin it's bellybutton in my face.

i dunno why.. it just does it.

i find this behavior kinda disgusting, and when it does it, i give it a quick trans-room flying lesson.

tossing the cat across the room, yelling at it, even when i sic the dog on it, it comes back after awile, and does it again.

nothing seems to discourage it from sticking it's bellybutton in my face.

i dunno why it does that. i may never know.

but, i do know that my cats bellybutton smells just like catshit.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2002, 04:59:46 PM »
nuttz..  I agree.   with the MA so full you should have(some) numbers.   With all the new guys, an arena like the CT with it's simplified SA and easily learned planeset should be a good place for the new guys to break in for the more challenging MA.   With  the small numbers and infrequent engage3ments and slower pace  of the CT, the newbie will be able to ask questions and get help easier.   Smaller crowds are more polite crowds as a rule.,

Again, my idea for toggling maps and seamless field choice between arenas would in no way threaten the CT.    I am not interested in the CT other  than as a test ground for seperate arena's.   I would hope that if we have to have seperate arenas for an early war planeset  that we could have such a system in place.   It would be very convienent for me and many others I believe.

OTOH.. if the appeal of the CT is lack of numbers (and here it get's a little confusing because opinion varies on this) then I can iunderstand the fear my idea has generated.   My idea would increase numbers and in would come the riff raff.  When  (if) you get large numbers it will be larger and even more predictable and bland furballs.    A large furball with only one or two plane types possible on each side gets pretty bland  believe me.   A larger CT will also increase the whining...  

I kinda doubt tho that (most) people would prefer any setting that is the CT (especially the axis vs allies)  over the MA.   WB lost total player base over it.   A point that I am sure is not lost on HTC.  
lazs

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2002, 08:36:03 AM »
eddeek... maybe you can show me a quote where I said I was a hot -1A pilot?    Why are you so hung up on that?

"put up or shut up"....  ???  Shut up about my great -1a abilities??   What a twerp you are.

I do ok against the planes you mentioned but it is allways a struggle.,  The 61 is very dangerous and underated.   The zeke is nothing if you want to stay fast and don't engage.  the nik is superior in every way except dive and roll and top speed.   Fighting those planes and only those planes would be boring beyond belief.    lot of posturing... not much fighting.
lazs
« Last Edit: February 01, 2002, 08:38:30 AM by lazs2 »

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2002, 08:43:50 AM »
Ahh, yes! I found the quote!

Originally posted by lazs2
I am probably the most bestest -1A pilot this side of the Colorado. If you don't believe me, I will show you some of my L33T SK1LLZ. Also, I like the CT and wish people would give me a big hug 'cause I'm lonely and there's noone here at home for me to argue with.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2002, 08:48:16 AM »
One thing you gotta remember when dealing with lazs is he's enjoying all this. He's like your wife certain times of the month. Just likes to argue for the sake of arguing. Truth and facts are irrelevant. So just have fun with him. :)

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2002, 09:44:10 AM »
Just 3 questions to Lazs:

1) I understand the area arena concept, and IMO it's as good as RPS or perks (although I prefer RPS) but...it's a reduced planeset too...which you don't like in CT. Besides, even if we have an exhaustive early war RPS, aren't you afraid that Spit I will completely dominate the scene in sheer numbers?

2) I flew WB when they put up the axis vs allies arena. Are you really sure that lots of people left at that time because of this? Because MA was never dropped, so people could have gone back to MA after supposedly getting tired of AvA. According to my perception of those events, people left due to

a) bad connects
b) porked FM (109F4 outturning SpitV...)
c) no new planes since months (latest additions were B24, which was a new 3D model on a B17 FM, and F4F3, which was a F4F4  with only 4 MGs...).
d) WBIII was a resource hog (at that time)

iEN seemed unable to add new planes into WB 2.7x, and even to tweak FMs correctly.

3) When do you usually fly in the MA? I would like to fly with you once or twice...if you agree. It should be more constructive than all this BBS exchange of artillery.
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2002, 11:17:15 AM »
"Why are guys like Lazs spending so much time reading and posting here?"

He likes a target-rich environment.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?