Author Topic: Why are guys like Lazs spending so much time reading and posting here?  (Read 3089 times)

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Why are guys like Lazs spending so much time reading and posting here?
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2002, 11:42:01 AM »
laz and vortex are full of toejam.

Ive had some of the best acm fights ive ever had in CT.

I simply cant understand why there is such an aversion to real life matchups.

The CT crew have pretty much kept the MA settings, used the same maps etc and for me personally I find the CT is heading away from what i was hoping for and more towards an MAx2 type of arena.Laz and vortex should love it if the numbers are in there.

Im sorry CMs but you have made no changes to the strat system in CT.I have flown bombers into a base and leveled it but it is quickly rebuilt just like in MA which to be honest i find very frustrating.

Whats the point in bombing? its only use is in an organised capture which is so far from their real use as to be a joke.

If i was CM and if i could make a dang map id make GVs spawn NOT 10 miles from airbases but 5 miles from cities and depots and factories.Id make the Gv wars happen away from most of the airwars (airbases), and id like to fight with tanks in those city streets.Id make structures maybe twice as tough as they are now but rebuild would be extended so that if the enemy destroy your city the damn thing will stay down longer than the 15 mins we have in MA.There are far fewer in CT so to expect us to comply with a system that is designed for 2-300 people is silly.

As it is the CT seems to be MA with limited planes.It has moments of sheer enjoyment but overall my interest is slowly dropping.
And before laz says i told you so Id like to say that this isnt what I personally wanted.
I wanted much more emphasis on strategy and resourses.I wanted a destroyed depot to mean no supplies, a destroyed troop facility to mean no troops (if a bases barracks are destroyed and grunt training is destroyed then guess what? you need to supply  the damn things or no more captures better still protect them before destruction).

The unfortunate thing is when 1 or 2 players go into an empty arena and totally destroy all of one sides bases etc.It ruins it.
Instead of a balanced play as you enter you have 1 or 2 spots to fly from.

Maybe what id like to see isnt possible on a 24/7 type arena.You will always get those idiot players who screw around.Well the answer seems to be look elsewhere for the realism fix.

i give up

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2002, 12:28:35 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
What a twerp you are.

Heh heh.  I belive that expression dates you, Lazs.

- oldman

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2002, 01:43:34 PM »
deselys..  fair enough.  I will answer your questions.  

first...  I hadn't put forth my "area arena" idea in here.   It has nothing to do with the CT.   The CT needs to be a seperate arena.   In an Area arena you would have all early war planes availlable all the time at all early war fields.   mid war areas would have all mid war plaqnes and early war planes available all the time at all mid war fields.   late war areas would have all planes available all the time at all late war fields...  It would be limited sure... but even the early war area ( the area with the most limited set) would have infinitly more variety than any "historical" axis vs allied slice you could name.   As for Spit one.... with it's 303's and slow speed it would not be any big deal for f4f-3's 109e's or a6m2's even p39's could give it a good fight... don't forget mig 1's  and p40's... all kinds of variety.    It would only be boring if it was axis vs allied.

2) Yes, I believe that lots of people got fed up with the constant and dreary axis vs allied.... They told me so and they posted as much on AH boards when they came here....Like I said it also promotes the kind of whining you are mentioning...  every little error is turned into either a huge axis or huge allied advantage.... the errors become even more obnoxious when (as in an axis vs allied arena) all you can fly against is that particular flawed AC.   It grates that the enemy is using/gaming  that flaw.   You can't ignore it like in the MA cause you got no other plane to fight.   I also believe that there are enough former WB guys like funked who can tell you that I did indeed do better in the HA than in the main arena...  I didn't care about easy tho I cared about fun.  

3)  I fly from 6-8 pacific time usiually and anyone is welcome to "fly with me" although "fly withj me" is hardly the proper expression.   I don't do any organized flying... Nor.. do my squaddies.   We may all be headed the same place but we get all spread out cause we never "wait" for each other.   Anotyher reason we like the closer fields and CV's.    We log off if the fighting is not intense.

hblair..  I have no opinion on your "perk everything idea but pretend it's still a historical arena" concept.    I have some trouble with the whole CT "selective realism" thing in any case tho.    Selective realism is fine but don't  pretend your selections in the CT are any more realistic that those settings chosen in the MA.,

hazed inot saying that it is impossible to use acm in an invironment where the FM's are few and the numbers the same...  I simply point out that you really shouldn't have to unless someone is blowing it.   You have plenty of time (compared to the MA) to evaluate and not get into a situation where you need any real acm.

oldman... yep, I ain't no kid.   Oh, on another note... someone named oldmn said something realy stupid to what I thought was me (he used latzs)   I thought it was you.   It wasn't you and he wasn't talking to me...   Handles are getting pretty confusing.   We have some dipshit in the MA going by "laz" but he is "lazer".    No point really just we gotta be careful about who we attribute things to.
lazs

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2002, 02:05:13 PM »
Originally posted by hazed-
laz and vortex are full of toejam.

Ive had some of the best acm fights ive ever had in CT.

I simply cant understand why there is such an aversion to real life matchups.

The CT crew have pretty much kept the MA settings, used the same maps etc and for me personally I find the CT is heading away from what i was hoping for and more towards an MAx2 type of arena.Laz and vortex should love it if the numbers are in there.

Hmm.

I said this camp. And I stand by that 100%. All I saw the few nights I flew were jousts, period (I was always IJN as they had very low numbers when I logged in). That has absolutely nothing to do with ACM. It may indeed be historical, but it was a substantive step back to what one see's in the MA. Hence my previous statement. CT _is not_ a bastion of ACM, no moreso than MA anyway.  

Previous camps I've had a lot of fun and a few great fights...and a few not so great fights. Those were different plane sets though. Some work, some don't, and depends on the people flying. Point being is its clearly hit and miss. For certain though you will run into these problems in CT any time you run a PAC camp imo. The nature of the matchup makes the joust the easiest, safest route to go for Allied planes. Accordingly it becomes the norm. At those points the hopes of ACM go right out the window for the most part. *shrug* If you like that though, all the power to you. I'll wait for the next plane set.

Insofar as the last comment regarding me loving it if numbers are there, I'm afraid I have no idea what you're alluding to here, or trying to imply.

Vortex
« Last Edit: February 01, 2002, 07:50:16 PM by Vortex »
--)-Vortex----
The Musketeers, circa 1990

AH In-Game Handle: Vort

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2002, 02:05:26 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
oldman... yep, I ain't no kid.   Oh, on another note... someone named oldmn said something realy stupid to what I thought was me (he used latzs)   I thought it was you.   It wasn't you and he wasn't talking to me...   Handles are getting pretty confusing.   We have some dipshit in the MA going by "laz" but he is "lazer".    No point really just we gotta be careful about who we attribute things to.lazs

Not the first time we've been confused.  In AW I stayed in the full realism arenas (where I was "Oldma" because of the 5-digit truncation), and he stayed in Relaxed Realism (where he was clever enough to anticipate the truncation and hence was "Oldmn").  Moving to AH, with only one arena, has created the confusion.  While I believe we both started AW at around the same time (1996), the AH experience has revealed  that he is famous and I am not (I think of myself now as a cult figure).  

- oldman

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2002, 02:10:55 PM »
"he is famous"

INFAMOUS is the word that applies best to that idiot.

Westy

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2002, 02:22:55 PM »
"Area arena" ;)

"Off to your *areas* people!"

"You people in this area, you others over there!"

That would go over real well. :D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2002, 02:25:09 PM by hblair »

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2002, 04:30:55 PM »
Lazs,
My reference to the F4U-1a is based on the fact that it is your plane of choice.  This tour in the MA, over 290 of your 320-odd kills are in the -1a, so that in itself points out that you like the plane.
As for you being a hotstick, who knows?  My telling you to put up or shut up was in response to your claims that the pilots in the CT are "lower skill" and it requires less SA and ACM to succeed in there.  Your bird is available in the CT now, come show us some of this "superior" ACM and SA you claim to know so much about.
Your summarization of the pros and cons of the Japanese planeset might be pretty close, but I still say you need to come prove it.
"I do ok against the planes you mentioned but it is allways a struggle., The 61 is very dangerous and underated. The zeke is nothing if you want to stay fast and don't engage. the nik is superior in every way except dive and roll and top speed. Fighting those planes and only those planes would be boring beyond belief. lot of posturing... not much fighting. "

Since you are a furrballer, the "stay fast and don't engage" option wouldn't apply to you against a Zeke.  The Ki-61 IS dangerous, and is a challenge.  The Niki just has to be handle with care.  I've killed all of them in Hellcats, Corsairs, and Thunderbolts, and I adjust my style and tactics to suit which of the 3, or which combination of the 3 I am facing at any given time.  

Go on, Lazs, try it out.  You might find that not knowing what plane you are facing until they are 3.0K away is more of a challenge then the 6.0K ID in the MA.  And you might even have fun doing it.

FWIW:  If you're gonna call me names, or even reply to anything I say, at least learn to spell.  You lose credibility when you spell like a first grade student.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2002, 10:09:39 AM »
eddeek..  credibilkity is also lost when you have a tantrum wouldn't you agree?  

So...are you saying that if I have a higher K/D in the CT than I do in the MA that it will "prove" that it takes less skill to fly in the CT?    I don't say that in any case.   I say it takes less SA and ACM and more luck and patience in the CT.    If you don't know what you are facing (although there aren't many possibilities) then... How can youi have "SA"   if the plane choices are few and all possible moves and combinations are easily learned..... How can you have acm unless someone is blowing it?   No way in hell could I get the same K/T in the CT as in the MA tho as it currently is..  

I will probly fly the CT when/if you get numbers  Wouldn't mind a good furbal anywhere even in the CT.   A good fur is more than a dozen planes all (actually) fighting.   SA would of course not be strained as much as an anything goes arena but acm would be there.   Not gonna log in tho every time the numbers are past 30 in the hope that there "may" be a good fite somewhere.... That is what my "toggle  map" idea is all about.  

hblair..  in an area arena no one tells anyone anything.   that sort of thing is your hangup.   An area arena is about choice and parity.   No... you can't choose to fly a p51 or D9 against p40's but you can do the reverse.   you can click on any "area" of the arena and simply take off in any plane that is available there.   If you want to try another "area" simplyu click on one of it's fields.
lazs

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2002, 01:29:12 PM »
Prove it, lazs, that's all I'm saying.
No tantrums here.  I just reply to see what other off the wall response I can get out of you.  So far, you haven't let me down yet...........

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2002, 04:00:01 PM »
"Handles are getting pretty confusing. We have some dipshit in the MA going by "laz" but he is "lazer". No point really just we gotta be careful about who we attribute things to. "

He goes by LAZERR in the MA, LAZ is the BBS.

"laz

"lazs2

I'd say you caused that problem. He's had his handle 3 months longer you've had yours. "Lazs2" :rolleyes: Try changing yours and stop blaming others for misunderstandings.

"Sheesh... and you fly a 38 not some big lumbering hog"

Heh. Guess you havent figured out the only thing the 38 does better than the hog is climb and stall speed handling.

Lol Hblair, dig dig dig :)

"Fighting those planes and only those planes would be boring beyond belief."

How boring, you would actually have to out-fly the other guy(s) in their other plane. Guess flying into a massive furball and blasting someone else thats too busy with 3 other planes on his 6 is better.

"lot of posturing... not much fighting."

Hey, that sounds like you ;) . See you in CT. Ill be in a Ki61 or zeke, your choice.

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2002, 05:07:20 PM »
Ahh....forget it Tac.  He won't show.  Lazs is one of the "elite" who won't stoop to flying the CT with it's "lesser skilled" pilots and all that crap.  :D
Besides, if he did come in, we'd hear the end of how we "ruined" his fun when we came in and started furrballing where we "weren't wanted".  The Lazs and "lots of others" would have a field day telling the world how all we do is furrball in the CT.....oops......did I say furrball?  Sheesh, now he WILL show up, since furring is all he says he likes.......
Lemme know what you're flying tonight Tac, we'll wing up, maybe we can survive Lazs' superior ACM and extraordinary SA if we fly together.  Ya know, us "lower skill" guys gotta stick together......:p

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2002, 07:28:36 PM »
But you suck eddiek. That'd give him an unfair advantage ;) (j/k)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2002, 10:20:11 AM »
let's turn it around... if the MA is such childs play.... simply having to learn FMs of 50 or so planes and al their combinations... then you should be dazzlers in the MA.   I don't see any of you guys in the MA even when you are there.   You don't enter these "furballs" and you don't do as well as you should if the MA was so easy.    At least in the MA I can be having fun while you are planning my demise.

I am easy to find in the MA but by the time u get a couple enough guys organized to come and get me the fur is over and I am somewhere else.   Never having seen your dazzling skill.

I would also say that the ki and nik and hog do about the same in the CT as in the MA.   Take my kills and a couple other guys kills off the MA -1a and it is indeed a pretty poor K/D worse than in the CT I bet.  A group of ki's in the MA would be very deadly.  A very underated plane

And the 38?   yeah... all it does is climb ,accelerate, turn and hit harder than the -1A plus, within a few MPH at low alt.
lazs

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2002, 12:47:30 PM »
f4u-1 turns much better than 38.

Acceleration of 38 only counts in stallfighting, read above.

f4u-1 outdives 38 (38 accels a bit faster in dive initially) and retains E far longer than a 38. 38 and f4u-1 have equal firepower. 2 X .50's = 1 20mm.