Author Topic: Why are guys like Lazs spending so much time reading and posting here?  (Read 3095 times)

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
Why are guys like Lazs spending so much time reading and posting here?
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2002, 01:59:14 PM »
Tac:

In this game the Hispano is worth about 3 .50s.

Hooligan

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2002, 02:28:15 PM »
neg , 2 .50's=1 20mm. Remember the refire rate on the 50 cal is higher.

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2002, 04:34:12 PM »
ALL planes are available in the CT now, Lazs.
With the reduced icon range, you have less time to set up your fight, cause you're not sure what planes you are up against.  Another reason your superior SA and ACM should show all us lesser pilots up.
Come on, join the fun, Lazs!  :D

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2002, 08:36:37 AM »
you mean I can fight an allied plane against an allied plane just like real WWII pilots did?   That would be cool so long as yu fixed the icons and radar so that we could identify planes and find a fight.  

But of course, reduced icons and radar are less realistic overall right?   I mean, real pilots can see better than  us using a monitor and real radar gave alt as well as position.
lazs

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2002, 10:46:46 AM »
Go Home Lazsie!

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2002, 10:55:01 AM »
"you mean I can fight an allied plane against an allied plane just like real WWII pilots did"

This proves you really have no CLUE about the CT. The CT hasnt had an allied vs allied plane situation, its always been axis vs. allied planes , PTO or ETO. If at all, only the allied bombers have been used as substitutes in SOME occassions, due to the lack of axis bombers in the game. BUt allied fighter vs allied fighter.. nope.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2002, 02:46:50 PM »
well... u did claim that all planes were enabled.   I would assume that what was meant was that you could fly any plane against any plane so that you could have historical allied vs allied matchups like the real WWII pilots did.  In fact... I would say that 99% of all 1 v 1 fights were allied vs allied in WWII they just didn't get to fire the guns during those fights.

I also don't understand the word "all" as it applies to the CT.  it appears that some planes are not enabled.
lazs

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2002, 03:51:30 PM »
Tac:

1 Hispano is worth about 3 .50s in AH.  Read the following for a more detailed explanation.

http://www.lvcm.com/jayb/ahgun102.htm

Hooligan

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2002, 04:16:22 PM »
"well... u did claim that all planes were enabled. I would assume that what was meant was that you could fly any plane against any plane so that you could have historical allied vs allied matchups like the real WWII pilots did. In fact... I would say that 99% of all 1 v 1 fights were allied vs allied in WWII they just didn't get to fire the guns during those fights."

Lazs, get real!  Show ONE, just ONE credited kill of any Allied fighter pilot versus another Allied pilot.  Friendly fire kills were mistakes, not intent, just in case you try to slip that in.  Just wondering, where did you arrive at this fictitious 99% anyway?
Are you trying to rationalize something?
Mock combat is not the real thing.  Robert Johnson talked about mixing it up with Corsairs over Long Island Sound, but that was stateside, and part of TRAINING.  
In the CT, all planes ARE enabled.  You still have to know the FM's of all 50 planes like you alluded to in another post, but in the CT, they go against their historical opponents.  
Lazs, this is getting tiring.  If you don't want to fly the CT, then by all means don't.  I fly both arenas, but I prefer the CT because of the historic matchups it offers.  If that's not your thing, fine.  Nothing wrong with that, just different strokes for different folks.  Am I being "elitist"?  Not that I can see.  I'm not telling you that you aren't wanted, I am saying have fun wherever you decide to fly, but don't put down others when they don't see things the same way you do.  I don't find your style of play in the MA appealing 90% of the time, but you don't see me running you down or calling you names over it.  
Show others a little respect fella.........:)

PS--To those who think my posts and replies are long, I am not upset.  I've read Lazs' posts enough to know that he always makes allegations over the slightest thing, and I cover my bases by answering him before he makes the allegations. He is that predictable.  ;)

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2002, 04:29:38 PM »
"Note that the last two columns are also labeled B1-factor and B2-factor.  These are the “squeaking” factors.  Anyone interested in squeaking about how one particular gun is over or under-modeled verses the others should find these useful"

Bwahahaah. I loved that part. :D :D :D

Im not that bright to understand all that mathematical jumbo. Explain please?

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2002, 06:17:52 PM »
"....PS--To those who think my posts and replies are long....".

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

bowser

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2002, 07:24:09 PM »

Im not that bright to understand all that mathematical jumbo. Explain please?

The simple explanation is that one Hispano is worth about 3 .50s in AH.

If you really want further explanation of that stuff email me at jayb@exmsft.com and be specific about what part you want further details on.

Hooligan

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2002, 07:59:02 PM »
Guys, if we keep blasting at Lazs we give him no recourse but to blast back. Hell I mentioned Lazs in a thread I started a few days ago. I think his point is made that he doesnt like the CT,. At least I have come to understand it that way. Okay well it seems to me the guys flying there are happy, and Lazs seems happy in the Main Arena, lets leave it at that. I don't expect everyone to like what I like, Lazs doesnt like it NUFF SAID. Buzzbait I know why you started this thread because Lazs does like to run in here and throw a few turds our way. We throw a few back, and next thing you know we got a two page toejam storm brewing.:p
Let Lazs be.......... Even if he comes in a post an insult to everyone of us, has he hurt anyone? No....... He can only get to you if you let him. He is entitled to his opinion, no matter how  much any of us dislike it. I shouldnt have mentioned him in my post last week, he has the right to say what he wants in here, and I should have left it alone. More than that, I shouldnt have let it get under my skin. I am having a blast in the CT, I don't give a rats rear end, if that means the majority of the other players thinks that makes me a good pilot or a bad pilot. The truth is I am not a pilot at all I am just a guy that loves aviation history, and this GAME. It is a GAME, it's to be enjoyed, if Lazs loves a good sparring match in here fine with me, if you love to spar with him go ahead, if you don't though................ Let it go, if he can't find a fight he'll look elsewhere. When you take on Lazs in one of these debates you become a verbal,,, well a written con to him, and Lazs has said many times he loves a good furball. I tell you too a lot of times he makes a good point. One of the A-10 squadrons I was a crew chief for during my Air Force days, had a sign that said " DONT WRESTLE WITH A HOG, YOU BOTH GET DIRTY BUT THE HOG LOVES IT". Lazs loves this stuff, if you want it to quit try letting it go, if you want to fire back.......well, I guess theres gonna be a lot of these two pagers. As much as I dissagree with him at times, i hate to see a two page negative thread about anyone in AH community. GEEZ I been hanging around my Hippie wife too much!:D
Sorry for the long post, was just gonna say lets give ole Lazs a rest.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2002, 08:45:04 PM »
lazs didnt start this thread and his idea about being able to go right from 1 arena to another is a good one.

This thread is your typical witch hunt.

"Would all you ct elistists agree that anyone who doesn't like it is a handsomehunk"

then folowed 50 replies of

"why yes hes a handsomehunk"

stfu already.....

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2002, 08:54:46 AM »
eddeeek... mock dogfites were extremely common but real dogfites were not.   Those pilots had a blast just like we do in the MA.   They didn't get to fire is the only difference.   real air combat was boring for the most part... not near as fun as the mock stuff...  The basic difference between an MA and an allied vs axis arena.

I like WWII ac.  They are the ultimate prop fighters.   I have allways wondered how they would really do against each other just as some of the aces or pilots in WWII surely wondered how they would do against each other.   To limit yourself so much as the CT is beyond my comprehension.    Why not just script the fights to re-create certain slices of history?   Sorta like the Civil War re-enacters or big time wrestling?    

lazs (who only uses the word lazs once in each post)