Author Topic: Why are guys like Lazs spending so much time reading and posting here?  (Read 3091 times)

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Why are guys like Lazs spending so much time reading and posting here?
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2002, 11:15:51 AM »
lazs (who only uses the word lazs once in each post)

Looks like he used "Lazs" more than once in that thread.  See?  You can't trust anything he says. :D

Seriously though, the Lazs original idea has some merit.  I don't see a reason to go to the trouble of coding his arena-jump idea; changing arenas takes no time at all, as Eskimo points out.  However, it would be great if you could call up the roster of other arenas from the one you're in and display it on the clipboard.  That way you'd not only have know if there was action going on in other arenas (by virtue of the numbers in the other arenas), but also know if your buddies/sqaudies/nemesis was in that other arena.

Sabre
P.S. I've tried to stay out of this one, but just couldn't resist.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Why are guys like Lazs spending so much time reading and posting here?
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2002, 12:22:20 PM »
sabre... you have a point but you haven't thought it through.   Sure, it takes not much time to switch from one arena to another but it does take a considerable4 amount of time to switch, figure out what the setup is (in the case of the CT), move around a little and call up the roster/map and try to get people to do the same that you fly with....   You could follow what was (or wasn't in the case of the CT) going on and so could your squaddies.   You could jump back and forth seamlessly to what ever arena was the most interesting at the moment..  

Best I can tell.... what people here have against the idea is that it would allow to much riff raff like myself in without much of an "investment in time".   We wouldn't be dedicated or polite and.... I think they know themselves enough to know that with their thin skin the CT buffer would make the MA buffer seem civilized.   With more players people would have less time and patience to help the helpless.    The skilless would get slaughtered and the CT would no longer be a haven of polite tolerance for them.....   The riff raff wouldn't play the way they were "suppossed to"  and wouldn't care about the holy grail of axis vs allied...  

Everyone has a different idea of "realism"   I like the realism of the melee (fur) but don't want the waste of time of high alt or the  extreme limitations of an axis vs allied set.   Others are only interested in axis vs allied and ignore the fact that 1 vs 1 and lone wolf hunters is extremely unrealistic as is plane substitutions or perk or the strat we have..  

With enough players I would join the CT if there was a good low level fur even tho it would get old very quickly with only a couple of FM's per side to worry about but...  so what?   If i could get in or out of the arena painlessly I would do it.   I would still spend most of my time in the MA where there were more interesting and complex fights but...
lazs