Author Topic: Anyone else like this idea?  (Read 462 times)

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
Anyone else like this idea?
« on: January 31, 2002, 01:16:14 PM »
I think the next ct setup is an excellent idea, we should try to get as much variety as possible, but I dont think it's gonna draw the numbers we're looking for...hope it does but I'm not optimistic.  It's becoming apparent to me  that providing the historical map and planeset isnt enough to draw all those people who would normally sign up for scenarios and fill the arena.  I think we need to get some kind of oranization going, like a mini walk-on type of scenario.  Say each week we announce a scenario in accordance with the map and setup thats already in the arena, have sign ups for those that want to sign up, put'em into units and leave some room for the walk-ons.  It's a heavy administrative burden but I think thats what it's gonna take to get some real numbers into the arena.  We could sign up using bb posts, and select cincs and wing leaders the same way.  I dont think we'd have the same numbers that a scenario draws, maybe 100 or so if we're lucky and that should be managable.  It wouldn't have to be the same day each week or the same time so it could be convenient for as many people as possible.  If the ct team approves, I'd be willing to run it.  

CRASH

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2002, 12:35:20 PM »
I kinda like the set-up in the CT arena. I think I can say that my whole squadron does also. Much better than the "mindless" furballing in the MA. You can inject a little strategy in your flights in the CT.
The PTO set-up we just went through was great. I can't wait for the Allies/Axis set-up to come.

Though you may have an idea going I think it would prove much too complicated.
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2002, 02:39:30 PM »
Crash that is not a bad idea at all but here is a little problem. I and a few others in our squadron were a part of something similar back in our Fighter Ace 2-2.5 days. They had a user available room for small user run scenarios that sat open 99% of the time. The max it could hold was 200 players. So another guy who went by GS_Trukk then had a sweet idea. He set up rules and points for us to go by and staged a series based on either the ETO starting in 1940 and East Front. As well as a PTO setup starting in 1941/early 1942. It ran every weekend for either 8-10 weeks and had operational commanders from the various squadrons involved in it.

The big hinderance for me after being the Overall commander for the Axis side (both German and Japanese in the different setups) was getting all the intelligence and coming up with a different plan setup each week. We had two weeks at the start to get all our basic planning done and we changed it depending on the points situation as the series went along. Both sides tended to want to jump on the other for the first two weeks then force whoever was behind to play catch up. We had to setup some pretty strict ROE's for this since the big room had a map that was huge. We usually only had between 30-50 players for both sides and as you can guess you can't cover any large areas with that small of a number.

Although it was a blast to fly and the CT setup reminds me of it everytime I am flying in there.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"