Author Topic: Kbman, and the public apology  (Read 216 times)

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Kbman, and the public apology
« on: February 04, 2001, 10:14:00 PM »
Never assume people will know you are joking.

I unintentionally insulted Kbman tonight, and he had every right to be riled. No need for details, but I am the last person to ever tell anyone how to play their game. It was intended to be a joke, but in retrospect I can see how easily it could have been taken the other way.

Though I apologized to him publicly and privately there, I felt I owed him one here too. Never had a negative thing to say about the guy and certainly don't want to start it now. He's a good guy and didn't deserve the comments I made.

Guarding my tongue more diligently in the future!  

Offline wizzer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2001, 10:19:00 PM »
KB is the nicest, most sincere person I know in AH. I have never been around him on RW and been disappointed in his actions or words. Thanks from the squad!

wizzer

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2001, 11:19:00 PM »
Kieren, you know that particular problem has been the source of much grief in my life  .

Think I'll stop? Hell no  .

<insert random insult>

Eat that.  

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

"I don't necessarily agree with everything I think." - A. Eldritch

Offline kbman

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2001, 03:56:00 AM »
Hi Kieren,
          No apology needed. If I was sharp enough to realize that Kieran was Kieren I would never have taken offense. It was a very long day that started with an insult from a rather belligerant loudmouth after I killed him and continued in that vein. I know you and respect you and your comments were hardly out of line. Just poor timing and aggravation on my part. I certainly have my moments, despite what Wizzer says, as I'm sure many will attest In any event, your attitude is beyond reproach and much appreciated, thanks and <S>.
    And Wizzer is about the best CO anyone could ask for and a fine pilot and friend
Thanks for your support and exemplary leadership. Cya up!

kbman

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2001, 07:52:00 AM »
Man thats nice. These kind of posts are a nice break from the whiny ones.Salute Kieren
sax***13th tas***

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2001, 07:55:00 AM »

Originally posted by StSanta:
Kieren, you know that particular problem has been the source of much grief in my life    .

Think I'll stop? Hell no    .
Kieren,

<S>.  Takes a big man to apologize in public like this.  You are one of the few class acts in here.

StSanta,

If that "problem" has been a source of much grief in your life, you need to spend more time in the real world.    

-Ding

[This message has been edited by Dingy (edited 02-05-2001).]

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2001, 09:45:00 AM »

...sniff sniff....awww, group hug, and please pass the tissues....sniff sniff.....

Paul