Author Topic: Secrets of Germany  (Read 604 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Secrets of Germany
« on: February 08, 2002, 03:30:11 PM »
Hey All,

Some of the thing I posted in the CM terrain forum for Sabre and CO you might be interested in.

Depots control [size=18]ALL[/size] the strat guns in that area.

An interesting thing the addition of Rearm pads.. This adds quite a new dimension to the game. Peek inside one of those hangers that are at some of the spawn points. An easter egg you can use! Ah I can see the hanger spawn dweebs already. Luckly these Rearm pads are destroyable.

Saw an art flaw on the forest tile. It’s supposed to be a stand of pine trees but it doesn’t work if your flying the other way. So that’s been removed.

Maybe because of the new set-up, the CV’s have to be assigned to a port. say CV31 is assigned to P28 Bremerhaven. You have to capture the port in order to capture the fleet. Also the port  controls all the strat factory guns in the area. The maproom for CV31 is at P28...

Question on capturing depots.. Tried testing this last night.. Not sure if you have to knock down all the buildings. All the ack guns.. If so, these will be hard to capture.. Since the depot controls all the strat guns.

He who controls the depots... controls the board. But the problem is how do you hit all the strat guns in a 10 mile area all at once?

Fixed rail/roads that were too steep... (some still are)

PT boats on the river, driving from one port to the other was much fun.. successful docking. Destroyers parked at dock.

Extended German side spawn point from Bonn to Arnhem a good 8 miles. By contrast, the allied spawn to A4 is only a few miles. On the other hand, the A29 Zwolf to Brenhaven port is a good 10 miles. No Brenhaven spawn point back,.. that I recall... the German’s have to counterattack through the Rhur.

Check out rail yard at Luneburg.. D66. It’s about 20 miles east of Bremen airfield. Is this what your talking about? -G- Another large train yard at Berlin and somewhere else.

All Depots have a spawn point. But non have a successful landing pad. For a successful exit, you have to drive to the nearest airfield or Vh. Many depots now have gunner positions. As said above, depots suddenly become very important to defend.

Sheep clutter object removed, replaced w/ GS101, the water sprit. (looks like bushes)
Rock clutter object GS106 for Rocky grass and Rock. (very nice)
Clutter object GS107 for urban (small house).. liked it better than clutter object city office building.

CB map redone to account for Lundburg, Wiesbader, and Dortmund. Corrected Hamburg.. hehe surprised nobody mentioned that.

Leveled and corrected city areas and ports.

Corrected several gun batteries (weren't aiming right)

So I hope this gets sent to the testing commity right away. I think you guys will really enjoy this.

Offline K West

• Silver Member
Secrets of Germany
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2002, 03:41:17 PM »
Sounds really, really nice :)  Looking forward to it!

Westy

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Secrets of Germany
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2002, 05:07:38 PM »
Sounds sweet 10bears

You need help with that tile Email me.

NUTTZ

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Secrets of Germany
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2002, 11:33:21 PM »
Looks good 10Bears :)

I have a Question : what are those strat guns you're talking about ? 88's ?
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Secrets of Germany
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2002, 03:26:40 AM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
Looks good 10Bears :)

I have a Question : what are those strat guns you're talking about ? 88's ?

Saintaw, Yes In dee-dee-doo. All the 20s 30s 37s 88s protecting the strat targets around the Depots.

Easy you say?.. not at all --might take two squadrans of fully loaded Lightinings to find all the guns in the area.. (four AW squadrans)  and this all has to be done within 10 minutes or before the resupply convoy arrives.  --Plus all the buildings at depots need to be taken down. But once you've captured a depot, your country has de-facto captured that section of the map :)..

Another benifit of capturing the depot is you also now own all the convoys attached to that depot. Now you can starve the next enmey base nearby.. (if it's supplied by that depot)