Author Topic: News  (Read 366 times)

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
News
« on: February 11, 2002, 01:51:19 PM »
We’ve been working on the next version of AH for awhile now and it’s taken us longer than we initially planned.  There are still many details to finish up and we’re trying to get it wrapped up as soon as possible.  It’s been a transitory time for us but we’re almost through it.  We’ve added a new support person and have him up to speed now.  We have a major bandwidth upgrade on order that will be installed in the coming weeks.  This will allow us to put all of our servers back with Skuzzy where we have far more control over connectivity issues, a great level of support, and less points of failure.  These things have been our highest priority.

We had planned for 1.09 a new bomber system where a single pilot had the ability to control a formation of bombers rather than just a single plane.  We have decided not to add this feature to 1.09 because its inclusion would delay the release longer than we are willing.  We’ve been working on another major project in a film viewer/editor and had the development of the voice module take longer than we anticipated.  It’s not forgotten, but that’s the way it worked out.  

Aside from the new voice system that will be integrated into AH in 1.09, we’ve been working on a powerful new film viewer/editor as I mentioned before.  This is a separate Windows app much like the new terrain editor.  In addition to allowing you to edit your films, this new app has many useful new features.  In addition to seeing plane type and distance information, you will also see the ID’s of the pilots of enemy aircraft, and see readouts of their speed and altitude.  You will also be able to move your viewpoint to other aircraft in your films instead of just being slaved to your own.  This will also give you the ability to capture films to an AVI format.

In addition to adding new planes, we’ve also been doing some updating to older 3D plane models.  In 1.09, the Spitfires will be receiving a facelift and sport a new updated look.  As we draw closer to release we’ll talk more about the other sundry changes, but I’ll have to cut this short for now.  I’ll leave you with a peek at the Hurricane I.