Author Topic: Carrier War...Coming to a CT near you!  (Read 1224 times)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Carrier War...Coming to a CT near you!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2002, 11:30:26 AM »
Very much looking forward to it Sabre.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2002, 01:45:12 PM »
I'd better give credit where credit is due.  Hblair is doing the grunt work to get this set up in place Saturday, as my computer will be off-line for the weekend (moving into new house).  He came up with the idea of using the old Philippines map with the basic planeset from Fire in the Sky, as for certain political and technical reasons we had to find an alternate to the terrain and planeset we originally had planned for this weekend.  The idea of making LVT's only available to the cruiser fleets was mine, though:).  

These set ups are always a team effort, as they get endlessly discussed over on the CT Team forum.  Each one is the product of the CT Team's combined neural output, not to mention the unsung efforts of the CM Terrain team and other independent terrain engineers.

Thanks again Hblair for grabbing the reins during my "logistical difficulties."
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2002, 01:40:03 AM »
Rats!  South Pacific is my favorite subject of WW2 and I'm gone this weekend and going to miss this unique carrier war theater.  :-(

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2002, 11:57:48 PM »
The Japanese are in desperate need of at last *ONE* torp or dive bomber.

D3A, B6N, B5N...something. Great terrains, great sim, all this promise of awesome CV stuff...but we need the a/c.

I hope in 1.09 the give them at least 1 IJN CV bomber  a/c, and from there we can build. My pick would be the D4Y or the B6N.

The Ki-67 is sorely needed too (a big salute for that), but we need a CV capable bomber as well.

Regards.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24