Author Topic: USB Pro throttle  (Read 354 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
USB Pro throttle
« on: February 15, 2002, 11:17:32 AM »
Hi all-

Will a CH USB pro throttle work well with an analog CH combat stick and CH pro pedals?

I am using win2K as my OS.

Consequently, I have a perfectly good analog pro throttle for sale.

thx!
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Taff

• Zinc Member
USB Pro throttle
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2002, 01:35:27 PM »
Well ammo, you have the gear you tell us!
CH Products cover the question in their FAQ part of the support section.

It seems to depend on what game you are using it with, and consequently with some you can mix and others you can't.

What I can't understand is why get another pro throttle if the one you have is OK!

I have the analogue pro throttle (with CH analogue stick and pedals). One thing I wanted was to be able to use the middle front hat as an eight way instead of 4 way so I could use it for views. It took me about and hour to carefully modify it to eightway and no soldering is required. Zeb of Krait Squadron put the four way to eight way mod on his web site, although it was intended for a stick hat it works for the throttle hat just as well.

Cheers
Taff

Ammo,

I see your comments below, I didn't know windows 2k was a speedkeys problem so I see your point!  CH have I think all but abandoned the old Pro-throttle/Speedkeys setup so I would agree USB is the way to go.

Better start saving again!

Cheers Taff
« Last Edit: February 15, 2002, 04:46:16 PM by Taff »

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
USB Pro throttle
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2002, 04:16:43 PM »
Hi Taff, Win2K is not compatible with the analog Pro throttle..because speedkeys will not function with win2k. Therefore I can either do 2 things,  go back to win 98 or install win ME..neither of which is an option I want to take. Or, setup a dual boot sytem, I dont want any part of win98 though, or the option I am wanting to take, upgrade to USB stuff. I was considering the new TM cougar, but too much cash off the top. So i guess i will upgrade with CH USB one piece at a time.

So ya understand now, anyone using the above gear?

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
USB Pro throttle
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2002, 04:24:57 PM »
Hiyas,

I'm using USB gear all-around, but I think I can help you get it so that you dont need speedkeys?  I can help you fix up the throttle so that you can map it in AH if you like?  

If that isnt an option, I'm not sure about the answer to your question.  Do you already have the USB throttle?  I assume not or you would have already tried it to see if you got it to work.

In any event, lemme know if you want me to walk you through setting it up so you can map the analog throttle in AH.

S!

Nim

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
USB Pro throttle
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2002, 05:26:02 PM »
Originally posted by aknimitz
Hiyas,

I'm using USB gear all-around, but I think I can help you get it so that you dont need speedkeys?  I can help you fix up the throttle so that you can map it in AH if you like?  

Nim

I am all ears!  jwells9@satx.rr.com