Author Topic: Whats Cooking  (Read 794 times)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Whats Cooking
« on: February 16, 2002, 12:49:45 AM »
Here's a couple of screenies I took tonight. Of course the res has been reduced to make it load easier.

This is one of two terrains that are being finished up and will be submitted to HTC in the next day or so for them to test. Barring any unforeseen problems, We should have them in the CT soon. This particular terrain is named Perdonia, it's a 256X256 mile fantasy terrain built to run the "WWII Arena"  graduated perk full planeset that we have in the rotation now. It will be the first purpose built terrain just for the CT. Most other terrains we've been using were built for scenarios and have some playability problems, or they are MA terrains with the third country shut down. This terrain is a MA style terrain except it only has two sides. The countries are situated in the NW and SE with the front running diagonally from NE to SW. The waterways in many places are just wide enough for CV usage. There are many targets along the waterways that are within range of the carrier fleet. Each country has 2 CV's.

Just letting you all know what we've got cooking. :)

Offline Jaekart

• Copper Member
Whats Cooking
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2002, 05:30:39 AM »
This looks great.  There's gonna be some hellashis struggles going with this set up.  <<<<< S >>>>>>  :D :eek: :D :eek: :)

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
Whats Cooking
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2002, 10:46:20 PM »
What can i say except kick prettythang :)
Salute to all involved
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Whats Cooking
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2002, 07:37:06 AM »
hblair - its a nice looking map and probably optimized well for 2 sided play, but for me, well, a fantasy terrain is honestly not what I'm looking for in the CT.

To me, the MA is the place for fantasy battles.  Spit vs Spit vs La-7 vs N1K2 all in the same furball, all day long between A1 and A2 in some Laztopian terrain.     That's what I've come to expect in the MA, and its why I rarely fly there.

In the CT, I'm hoping for the more difficult icon/radar settings, Axis vs Allies setup, and an authentic terrain with the correct planeset for the time period being represented.   The accurate terrain is probably the least important element listed, nevertheless it takes something away from the immersion I'm seeking if I know I'm flying over the fantasyland of Perdonia instead of looking down into the Third Reich or the Japanese-controlled Phillippines, the blue waters of the Med or the gray seas of the Baltic.

I appreciate you guys' efforts (I reinstated my AH account just because of the CT), and I'll support the CT always.  I just though I should post in case you should find out there are many others who share my view.

! always.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Whats Cooking
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2002, 08:13:10 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.

Oboe, I appreciate your concern, I think you'll get plenty of historically correct terrains to quench your appetite. This will likely be the only non-historic terrain we have in there. Give it a try, I think you'll like it.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Whats Cooking
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2002, 08:48:42 AM »
Looks great Hblair and NUTTZ!

Offline BOOT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.327th.org
Whats Cooking
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2002, 12:07:19 PM »
Nice Map HBlair...

I am looking forward to flying in the CT Arena.
I am getting very tired of the Gangbanging et al: in the MA

I hope that there will be more folks using the CT in the future... Right now the participation seems a bit low.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Whats Cooking
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2002, 01:14:50 PM »
Yep, I'll be there!    An authentic terrain is probably one of the least important of the elements that go together to make a great CT.    Fantasy terrain would never cause me to abandon the CT; I just wanted to state my druthers and let others yay or nay.

Thanks, hb.

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
Whats Cooking
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2002, 08:51:49 AM »
I'd like to see some "what if" terrains. Like California, Nevada, Utah and Colorado for a repel the invasion type terrain. Maybe an Alaska terrain as if the feint the japanese made actual was a full scale invasion. Grand Canyon would be way cool. Perhaps New York, or the DC, West Virginia, Virginia, Penn. area. If Hitler had by passed U.K. and got a foothold on the east coast...Just a thought that has intrigued me for a while.

Offline Preon1

• Nickel Member
Whats Cooking
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2002, 09:13:53 AM »
when?

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
Whats Cooking
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2002, 09:25:00 AM »
Well, you know....Two Weeks(tm)!

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member