Author Topic: Terrain not suited to CT  (Read 782 times)

Offline Furzy

• Zinc Member
Terrain not suited to CT
« on: February 17, 2002, 05:21:29 PM »
I like the Terrain, would be good for Snapshots Or for CT at some later date when theres a loyal following. This MAp just wont work, As soon as I seen it I said there goes CT, fields just too far apart and too limited a jap planeset. I suggest pull it fast to limit damage. Its Not a personal gripe heck most people in Ct know I dont mind Climbing and avoiding Furballs to find 1-1's.

I can see that if there were lots of people all the time CV and Dest groups could me moved around to make game play better but as it is, people are looking for soonest fight. Cant blame them, but soonest is 2-3 sectors away.

I predict CT  will be dead by thursday.

Furzy

Offline Furzy

• Zinc Member
Terrain not suited to CT
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2002, 05:27:12 PM »
I Do hope Im proved wrong CT is the only thing keeping me in AH Apart from Events and My little MA flying brother.

Furzy

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Terrain not suited to CT
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2002, 10:46:32 PM »
I have to agree with furzy, so far due to sides imbalance i've had to fly for japanese against odds of 21 - 12, close to 2 - 1 odds, plus with niki's only being limited to bases that are pretty far from most action (imho they should be enabled at all fields), makes this current setup kind of not too good for CT purposes,  for scenarios and events it'll rock, but not CT, especially when you consider bases so far apart in conjunction with the aforesaid limited japanese planeset and adverse odds.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
Terrain not suited to CT
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2002, 02:05:16 AM »
While I agree that current terrain is perhaps a little big for gameplay purposes, I strongly disagree in the sense that it does not hamper finding a fight. Just assembly a mission to whatever field, and defenders will pop up for sure. You just have to make sure you have more than 4 planes attending, so bardar gives a crisp "Hello I'm here"  ;)

Cheers,

Pepe

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Terrain not suited to CT
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2002, 02:17:30 AM »
Ive enjoyed it.  Not as well suited for furballs as some of the weaker MA terrains but thats about all Ive seen in it so far....hehe

Last I checked the N1K (one of 5 best fighters in game) was inabled at some fields so the jap planeset complaint is kinda moot with Ki61 and Zeke enabled as well.

Y
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Terrain not suited to CT
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2002, 02:47:06 AM »
Errrm, Yeager call it moot if you like, but flying some 150 miles down with somwething that flies a bit faster than the lawnmower is a bit tedious at best :)

N1K2 is only enabled at a field up north, about the same distance where the Allied can take a P47 or a P38, just remember IJN stuff don't fly as fast.

Terrain is superb (wtg Weazel!!!), It's been a real fresh change flying in there...now if they could fix a few JATOS on that A6M of mine... :)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
Terrain not suited to CT
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2002, 03:10:26 AM »
Well, I logged on tonight, was in a fight in about 3 minutes.
This terrain is no worse suited to the CT than the one we just left, the Channel one.
I like it, personally, though I goofed up and flew Japanese right off the bat.
No one terrain is gonna make everyone happy, ever.
I liked the ND Isles terrain, I like this one, the Channel terrain just leaves me cold.  I hate it.
But that doesn't mean that others don't love it.
Have fun Furzy.  Isn't that the whole point of this game?

Offline Kronos

• Nickel Member
Terrain not suited to CT
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2002, 09:43:36 AM »
Furzy, Hang in there m8.  sounds like some really good terrains coming out soon.  I personally haven't had a problem finding a fight, but then again, I'm also limited to one field for my ride.

Shane, P47 and P38 are only at one field in the south.  We're all in the same boat.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Terrain not suited to CT
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2002, 09:55:50 AM »
didn't realize that kronos, i haven't had the opportunity to fly allies because axis has always been outnumbered fairly bad (when i've logged into CT anyway) and i can't bring myself to make the odds even worse for the axis.

:)
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Furzy

• Zinc Member
Terrain not suited to CT
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2002, 12:53:11 PM »
Oh Ill stick with CT all right. :) I was just a little cranky when I posted yesterday. Im finding the Tony a joy to fly, cant see why I never flew it much before now. Mabye it the Lowish cruising speed.

Thats what I really like about CT. The Learning new planes and learning well. Not just 1-2 sorties in this and that. Last week it was the 109 G2 now its the tony.  Persistance and practice can really make these planes and probably any plane shine.

Furzy

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
Terrain not suited to CT
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2002, 01:10:18 PM »
I'm finding the same problem in that every time I enter the CT I need to join the Axis side to make the play even.  I don't mind it too much (or else I wouldn't do it), but I am an American Iron flyer and it would be nice to not be forced into a choice of who to fly for but rather make the choice my own.  Especially when I can fly my Iron vs. its historical foes and only those foes.  Oh well, I'd always heard this was a problem with Axis vs. Allies type of setups.