Author Topic: Reverse Racism  (Read 2023 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2002, 10:47:05 AM »
Nifty, you need to contact NOW and tell them to quit trying to shut down Men Only Clubs then. ;)

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2002, 11:00:00 AM »
I'm still waiting for German and Irish History Months so I can have a good excuse for eating sausage and schnitzel and getting drunk regularly.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2002, 11:28:36 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Nifty, you need to contact NOW and tell them to quit trying to shut down Men Only Clubs then. ;)

hehe, I'm not standing up for my beliefs against THAT group!  they'd tear me limb from limb...  I fear NOW.  ;)

hehe, I don't get it tho.  if the girl is hot, why not let her in the all men's club???  :D
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2002, 11:46:41 AM »
Nifty I don't disagree with you but I think it shoud be "OUR" history not "Mine" or "Theirs".

I don't think singling out one race to celebrate helps.

To celebrate a race is to seperate them from the rest and isn't that what we are trying to stop?
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2002, 11:50:12 AM »
i think black history month is a joke and is demeaning to blacks.

it's really just an excuse for people who have renamed themselves from 'shantel jackson' to 'sulyeman mohammed' to get out there in their african clothes and remind whites how much they hate them.

ok, we sit back, it's black history month, let's here some black history.

it's pathetic - 90% of the great black history moments involve slavery or civil rights moments or blacks as workers completing someone elses plan. there are a few minor inventors here and there but all in all black history is really not worth celebrating anymore than anyone elses history. its not bad its just not especially praiseworthy.

if we are going to celebrate the history of an entire people, they should have made a huge positive difference in the world otherwise why bother? their contributions are no more or less impressive than anyone else's why honor them? as is, it is just a token statement meant to pacify blacks and as such, its an insult.

i mean if peanut butter and freeform jazz get you a month what should whites have? after all we brought you everything from the o-ring to the cyclotron.

how about arabs? arabs deserve a month if it's based on acheivement. hell the chinese were making realistic 3-dim perspective paintings years before the renaissance  wheres thier month? jewish history month would contain tribute to more than 100 nobel prize winners(dont recall the exact #).....what do blacks win  nobel prizes for? writing about slavery or civil rights usually.

i just think it sets them up as childlike and needy of recognition. it's like saying to them : "here's your little month l'ashawne now don't make any more trouble..."

hey i got a funny notion....how about just inviting them into the fold and treating them like humans rather than patronizing them with all this roadkill- isnt that real respect?

if you are playing golf with your friend you say "what a crappy shot fool!" if you are playing golf with your kid and they make the same shot you say "well that was terrific! good job! next time maybe it will make it, keep trying, good work!"

the difference is your friend feels like an equal, competition is on the level and if he wins your respect it will be in the field of competition.....your kid is just happy to be praised.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2002, 12:46:31 PM »
I don't disagree with most of what you say mrfish. respect comes from being treated as an equal.

Where we diverge is over the issue of the reason for BHM. It is not so much due to the impressiveness of Blacks in history. It has more to do with completely ignoring Blacks in history for too long.

Has anyone on this board heard of the "Tulsa riots" & "Black wall street"?  Not as many as should I wager. Too much has been hidden and or ignored over the years. Should we have a month every year to help us catch up? Only if it isn't done during the normal course of events.

BTW...no one knows the final death toll of the Tulsa riots, but perhaps 3000 lost their lives. The official "white" newspaper claimed 24. Go figure.

This is why there is a BHM

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Reverse Racism
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2002, 12:57:50 PM »
I know, redundant, but still vialble after all these topics-

An open letter to the Rev. Jesse Jackson,
-------------------------------------------

We, the members of the Mojo family, feel that your actions and retoric as a self professed leader of the black community are in fact detrimental to the very people you claim to represent.

We also feel that as a result you do much to undermind the well-being and harmony of the United States as a whole.

Your kind of work for the advancement of the black community and you speak from a position that the black population cannot advance itself socialy, politically or economically because an immovable object, the white establishment, forever blocks its path.  Yet you preach further support such as welfare and affirmative action that put members of the population in a position of dependancy and reliance on the establishment.

You bask in the glow of the media spot light, you passionately decree that racism and prejudice are alive today as they were four hundred years ago, but does this do anything to reverse it's effect?

No one with the intellegence will deny that a great atrocity was commited against the black race at the hands of white settlers of this country, but a wound cannot heal if it is continuously re-opened.  That is to say, that it will heal but it will take much longer and the scar it leaves will be grotesque and raise high on the skin.

A true leader leads by example and the example you have shown is not one of stregnth of character, self-reliance, commentment to excellence or personal accountability.

It's these traits that are necessary to advace oneself as an individual.  It is only as strong curagous and moral individuals that any race can live the quality of life that it chooses.  We give our deepest respect to the true leaders:  Alan Keys, J.C. Watts, ?, Tony Brown, and Dr. Walter Williams.  Men who never deny their heritege but are proud to be first and foremost a part of the human race.
------------------------------------

true, eh?

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2002, 01:12:02 PM »
Some people in here sounds like little children arguing in the sandbox. Why should they have it??? Why? Why? Why?

WHY THE HELL NOT!!!

If you want to celebrate something on your own THEN PLEASE GO AHEAD AND DO SO!!!!
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2002, 01:15:12 PM »
Look we can both probably come up with events that happened that most people don't know about but does that mean we should focus more on one race's history over another?

I can see trying to change history books that are incomplete but not promoting one race over another.

Whether we like each other or not is irrelevant what matters is that the whole history is told.

History should not be "Black" or "White" it should be "History".

BHM only promotes "Black" history therefore it does the same thing they say they are trying to do away with.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2002, 01:19:40 PM »
We're strayed from the topic, the topic is, "is there such thing as reverse racism?"

IE, if a white guy tries to join a "Blacks only" organization, and they org denies him membership, who is guilty of racism? The white guy or the org?

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2002, 01:22:14 PM »
Maniac it's not that simple.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2002, 01:22:49 PM »
I like the history part better, who is more guilty in history for racism? blacks or whites?

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2002, 01:26:27 PM »
You tell me!

Both sides have shown racism.

I think what you are trying to say is who has suffered the most because of racism?

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2002, 01:28:37 PM »
Your killing me now, if not an 'Black history month' the Whites should give the blacks an 'White apolygy (Sp?) month to the Blacks" instead.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2002, 01:30:44 PM »
On topic...

No. I do not believe there is such a thing as "reverse racism."

Racism is racism. I don't think the term, "reverse racism" even existed before we had the term, "affirmitive action."

IMHO, to single out anyone because of their race, whether it's for praise or persecution, it's racism.

BET, Ebony, Jet, etc... are all racist. Is it bad racism? I don't think so. Having media that focuses on African-American culture doesn't hurt me.

If you want an Anglo magazine, publish one. My guess is that you'll have to fight off the oppressive white racist groups with a stick. Not worth the effort.
sand