Author Topic: Our heros Arlo and Rotorian :rolls eyes:  (Read 601 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Our heros Arlo and Rotorian :rolls eyes:
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2001, 03:58:00 PM »
Actually, it's pretty much the practice in most of the world to reciprocate when someone introduces themselves to you in a polite manner. I'm sure you'd like me to believe that this particular UBB is the exception to that rule but it's hard to take that comment seriously in light of how much you made a big deal over what you percieved as a personal afront by names you didn't recognize and then went on reading the "riot act" about productive posting. Obviously you were just talking out your ass.  ;)

Anyway ... thanks for the welcome aboard! And maybe, when you get over yourself, we'll chat about things more pleasant than your opinion of me (or anyone else for that matter).  :D

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2001, 04:16:00 PM »
Arlo, do you fly under a name other than Arlo?

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2001, 04:17:00 PM »
Pongo is like me, he has a hard time expressing himself at times. He's a good guy when you get to know him.  :)

When do you think you'll be able to upgrade Arlo? If it's a money issue, I know exactly where you're coming from. Been there. Am there as a matter of fact. I have a Viper 770 ultra video card I can mail you if it'll help get you going. If you're running a Packard Bell like somebody mentioned above, you'll pretty much need to chunk the whole box and start over. If I can help, send me a private message. Booming and Zooming the bulletin board gets old when you can't play the game.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2001, 05:21:00 PM »
Arlo.
Decide your stance, aggressor or victim.
You set yourself up as aggressor with your opening salvos and some of the subsequent ones. Im seeing a kinder gentler Arlo now.
I still havent seen the funny Arlo you buddies talk about but I am looking forward to seeing him.

Rotarian
good point bud..Ill think on that one.

Hblair.
Ok Ok I know. I have to fly a niki on squad night as punishment for abuseing helpless newbies.

Offline DamnedSoggy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2001, 05:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by Pongo:
Score isnt everything obviosly. But knowing as I do that lots of former AWrs can hand me my bellybutton every time where do these two get off representing the AW comunity in AH.

Really?  Name a couple that've started in the past week that can hand you your ass.  I've been here two months now.  Before that I hadn't flown AW is over two years.  Nobody I've encountered newer than me can hand me my ass...and I suck.  Seems to me you don't remember being new.  Or as Leviathn stated to me at one point in time, he was learning in the beginning with everyone else.  You all sucked then.  We're just at that point now, but with the exciting addition of you being able to club us with experience.

Rick
Soggy

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2001, 05:57:00 PM »
Nope. I'll get there.  :)

Originally posted by Kratzer:
Arlo, do you fly under a name other than Arlo?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2001, 06:14:00 PM »
You're alright, hblair (can I call you h?). I'll take your word on Pongo since it's obvious you know him better than I.

I really appreciate your offer. I'm afraid I'll have to turn it down for now. It may be best that I'm grounded so I can concentrate on spending my time more productively (and yes - I know I've been wasting a fair amount of it here - it's a very addictive habit that I doubt I'll kick altogether). I hope to be working in my field within the next month and that should make a huge difference. I'm looking forward to applying some of my new skills in building a new machine from scratch.

Again, thanks! I'll see about toning down abit and keeping pleasant company here while I try to keep up with things. I don't expect to start out any better than I was in AW (never was the hot-stick or big-ego there) but I hope to have a few clues before I even hop in the cockpit.

Originally posted by hblair:
Pongo is like me, he has a hard time expressing himself at times. He's a good guy when you get to know him.   :)

When do you think you'll be able to upgrade Arlo? If it's a money issue, I know exactly where you're coming from. Been there. Am there as a matter of fact. I have a Viper 770 ultra video card I can mail you if it'll help get you going. If you're running a Packard Bell like somebody mentioned above, you'll pretty much need to chunk the whole box and start over. If I can help, send me a private message. Booming and Zooming the bulletin board gets old when you can't play the game.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2001, 06:18:00 PM »
I'm flexible. And .. true ... humor's pretty much a perspective thing. Sometime's it broad ... sometimes it's narrow ... sometime's it's invisible.  ;)

p.s. I've never taken a victim's stance.  :D

Originally posted by Pongo:
Arlo.
Decide your stance, aggressor or victim.
You set yourself up as aggressor with your opening salvos and some of the subsequent ones. Im seeing a kinder gentler Arlo now.
I still havent seen the funny Arlo you buddies talk about but I am looking forward to seeing him.

Rotarian
good point bud..Ill think on that one.

Hblair.
Ok Ok I know. I have to fly a niki on squad night as punishment for abuseing helpless newbies.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2001, 09:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by DamnedSog:

Really?  Name a couple that've started in the past week that can hand you your ass.  I've been here two months now.  Before that I hadn't flown AW is over two years.  Nobody I've encountered newer than me can hand me my ass...and I suck.  Seems to me you don't remember being new.  Or as Leviathn stated to me at one point in time, he was learning in the beginning with everyone else.  You all sucked then.  We're just at that point now, but with the exciting addition of you being able to club us with experience.

Rick
Soggy

Well I dont know who just started. I didnt say people that just started. I was thinking in particular about Leviathin when I posted that but I am also thinking about guys that came over from warbirds with almost no experiance and were very hot sticks imediatly.

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2001, 09:31:00 PM »
<SALUTE> Staga  all dweeb ac  and spit food

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2001, 03:48:00 AM »
Nice bait Paint  :)
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown