Author Topic: Ripsnorts Me163 idea....  (Read 129 times)

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Ripsnorts Me163 idea....
« on: March 03, 2002, 04:00:42 AM »
Hi guys

When HiTech was doing his blue text Q&A routine he mentioned that he is going to do the Me163 for HQ defence but did anyone catch just how soon this would be?  1.10? 1.11?  Well, I thought he said he was going to do it anyway!!!

Regards

Nexx
NEXX

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Ripsnorts Me163 idea....
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2002, 04:29:53 AM »
Ummmm...2 weeks!!  :D

sorry Nexx...I just couldnt resist.

Offline K West

• Silver Member
Ripsnorts Me163 idea....
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2002, 02:15:18 PM »
When was this? As I recall it has been a long time proposition (here, WB's AW etc etc) and Funkedup or Ripsnort had talked to HiTech about this at the first AH Con a couple of years ago.  With the proposed AI enhanced bomber formations I think this would be a nice addition to AH also! ;)

Westy

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Ripsnorts Me163 idea....
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2002, 10:00:32 AM »
Originally posted by K West
When was this? As I recall it has been a long time proposition (here, WB's AW etc etc) and Funkedup or Ripsnort had talked to HiTech about this at the first AH Con a couple of years ago.  With the proposed AI enhanced bomber formations I think this would be a nice addition to AH also! ;)

Westy

Well, the 163 was propositioned in Beta, but HT was concerned about folks abusing ME163's (this was prior to Perk point talk), the idea spawned at that time to limit them to a small dirt field near HQ only, this way, with 5 min. fuel, they would be no threat to anyone except those near the HQ or city that the ME163 was allowed out of.  Related thread:

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=25445&referrerid=3203

Keep in mind that this suggestion was prior to the new strat we have today, it used to be once you were "in the hole", you HQ would stay down along time, causing folks to log off when they knew the radar was irrepairable, now it is repairable but seems too easy to repair, thus making HQ bombing runs a thing of the past.

Offline Hamish

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Ripsnorts Me163 idea....
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2002, 12:27:44 PM »
Also to note Rip, It might still be a viable option with the New strat system coming into effect in 1.09, I am definately looking forward to it, i might be tempted to Up a Lanc for an HQ raid every now and again once 1.09 comes out :)