Author Topic: Sabre SpitV causing massive arena imbalance  (Read 817 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Sabre SpitV causing massive arena imbalance
« on: March 05, 2002, 11:49:35 PM »
Logged in after you made change.. 32 vs 16..
Logged in later was still 16 vs 6 allied.

Don't belive me check it out your self

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2002, 04:01:24 AM »
What's causing the arena imbalance is Allied Invasion Sicily squads practicing per my orders, which went out at about the same time Sabre added the Spits to the setup.  I saw parts of 4 of my squadrons in there tonight.  Didn't see a single Spit either.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2002, 07:56:44 AM »
Funked, I was on at 3pm PST and all the planes coming from Malta were spits, didn't recognize any names from the roster, however....Spits are relatively a good match up for the 109, and the conga lines that those spits formed chasing the low cons helped me attain a 4/1 K/D ratio. :D  So, bring on the spits! (Incidently, there were 21 Allied and 16 Axis on when I logged in.)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2002, 08:27:19 AM »
what needs to happen is for the 3rd (4th, 5th, 6th :)) to the party to back off and ask his buddy if he needs help b4 blowing in and disrupting a good 1 on 1.

let the first two fight it out then jump in and kill the victor if he's the wrong color :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2002, 08:47:49 AM »
funked's right.  I'd rather fly the C205 in this setup, but since I'm Allied for the Scenario, I'm flying Allied in the CT setup (didn't get a chance to last night, but was on Monday evening) until the Scenario is over.  :)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2002, 08:48:22 AM »
"Allied Invasion Sicily squads practicing per my orders..."

That should make the CT pucker factor climb ;)

I recommmend that any squads practicing in the CT ( for either side) also practice flight discipline. In other words if one or two bogies are sighted the group lead dispatches one or two planes to deal with the threat versus performing an 8-on-1 prison rape fest.

Westy

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2002, 08:48:44 AM »
I'll keep as close an eye out as I can, guys.  For what it's worth, I checked in last night and saw a definite Allied tilt at the time.  We'll just have to watch it.  It's hard to believe that the addition of one a/c (and an early-war bird at that) could really be causing such a shift in side numbers.  I hope the Axis scenario crew does some practice of their own to even out the numbers.  Your patience is appreciated.  One of the reasons the scenario crew allowed us first crack at this terrain was to provide a practice arena for the scenario.  That's why I enabled the Spit after giving everyone a taste of a [relatively] Spit-free CT.  I probably should have enabled the Hurricane, too; I just forgot about it.

BTW, the terrain and scenario guys have asked to have their thanks passed on to the CT community for conscientious reporting of terrain bugs.  It been massively helpful.

Sabre
CT Team
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2002, 09:46:34 AM »
Just a thought, is it possible to limit the number of a certain type of aircraft available (airborne) from a particular base at a time?

So if you have say 3 spitV's airborne, the 4th pilot would be forced to choose another a/c or move to another field if he wanted a spitV..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2002, 02:16:09 PM »
No way to do what you've suggested, Eagler.  The code has no such option.  The SpitV was only enabled on Malta before, which tended to keep the number of them down.

Sabre
CT Team
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2002, 05:15:01 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
what needs to happen is for the 3rd (4th, 5th, 6th :)) to the party to back off and ask his buddy if he needs help b4 blowing in and disrupting a good 1 on 1.

let the first two fight it out then jump in and kill the victor if he's the wrong color :)

LOL, I was flying my P-47 yesterday (incidently alot of allied in my area were spit's) and there were many LW. Guess what AC they chose to attack? If ya hate the spits so much, please pick on them, not me and my jug :D. I had to log, wasnt having much fun so I went to the MA for a bit of change.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2002, 05:27:27 PM »
Just logged out there, 16 axis, 6 allied (including me doing recces!)  ;)  Doesn't bother me tho!

Nexx
NEXX