Author Topic: Feedback on new CT set up idea please  (Read 3389 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Feedback on new CT set up idea please
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2002, 05:45:33 PM »
heheh relax Major, just wanted to make a point, these guys that stand outside of the show.... their're part of the show :)...

Sometimes the plumber has to put on hip boots... know what I mean Gene? :)

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2002, 09:47:20 PM »
You don't need me, hell if you search out some of my posts you already know what my thoughts are......hmm, they may be gone with the new bb and all.  Too bad.  Anyone figure out why scenario's are over subscribed yet no one flys the ct yet?

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2002, 08:46:51 AM »
Originally posted by CRASH
Anyone figure out why scenario's are over subscribed yet no one flys the ct yet?

no.   have you?
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2002, 09:13:27 AM »
uhhh yeah its easy.  

They are sheeple, they know lots of people will be playing.  

Baaaa follow the herd.........

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2002, 11:31:23 AM »
Ofcourse Nifty, wouldn't have posted if I didn't:)  As a matter of fact the answer is in one of my recent posts.

Originally posted by Nifty

no.   have you?

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2002, 11:36:34 AM »
Major?....Thought Sabre was a student?  

Originally posted by 10Bears
heheh relax Major, just wanted to make a point, these guys that stand outside of the show.... their're part of the show :)...

Sometimes the plumber has to put on hip boots... know what I mean Gene? :)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2002, 11:40:45 AM »
He's retired but I still sometimes call him by his rank. He was in the Air Force for 20 years.

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2002, 02:42:43 PM »
Do me a favour Crash... just tell me in this thread what you think the "solution" is.  I want to discuss it, but I don't remember what you posted or where, I there is not a search function that works anymore.  (That I'm aware of).

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2002, 03:25:06 PM »
Why?  Start an argument over how it wont work?  So we can all waste even more time debating it.  So I can spend hours substantiating it to the endless stream of people who won't fully read it and make sure they understand it before posting their objections....no thanks.  The information's out there for anyone who wants it.  BTW there is a search function.  

Originally posted by Lephturn
Do me a favour Crash... just tell me in this thread what you think the "solution" is.  I want to discuss it, but I don't remember what you posted or where, I there is not a search function that works anymore.  (That I'm aware of).

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2002, 03:51:43 PM »
Major?....Thought Sabre was a student?

Yeah, it's my boy-ish good looks.  Fools everyone:D.

Sabre
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2002, 05:31:20 PM »
You weren't a pile-it, where ya?

Originally posted by Sabre

Yeah, it's my boy-ish good looks.  Fools everyone:D.

Sabre

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2002, 08:25:57 PM »
No, but I played one on TV;).  Actually, I was in Space Command, flying satellites.  Before that...well, if I told you I'd have to kill you:D.  I've got all of about 13 hours in Cessnas, though I did get to take the stick of a T-6 Texan for a while once.  Aerobatics!  Most fun I ever had with my clothes on.

Sabre
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2002, 09:50:26 AM »
Originally posted by CRASH
Why?  Start an argument over how it wont work?  So we can all waste even more time debating it.  So I can spend hours substantiating it to the endless stream of people who won't fully read it and make sure they understand it before posting their objections....no thanks.  The information's out there for anyone who wants it.  BTW there is a search function.  

You are right, there is a search function.  I found something you wrote about making the CT more "scenario" like, but I'm just guessing that's what you are talking about.  I'm not sure I would like something like that, but I'm not closed-minded about the whole thing.  Shame you don't seem willing to discuss it.

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2002, 02:34:11 PM »
20 years here too, 4 active security police, 16 Air Guard, security police, transportation officer and then supply officer.  Gettin ready to go back in this month or next as security forces again only this time as an officer.  I'd like to get at least 10 more in if its possible.  Not sure, I'm goin back in as a captain most likely.  I'm due to pin on major soon but I'm inclined to postpone if possible, dont wanna go back into a new field (as an officer anyway) too high in rank, no good for the af and no good for me:)  
Only have a few hours in cessnas here too but I'll be changin' that once I'm back in.  I may actually have time to do it then:)

Originally posted by Sabre
No, but I played one on TV;).  Actually, I was in Space Command, flying satellites.  Before that...well, if I told you I'd have to kill you:D.  I've got all of about 13 hours in Cessnas, though I did get to take the stick of a T-6 Texan for a while once.  Aerobatics!  Most fun I ever had with my clothes on.

Sabre

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2002, 02:50:39 PM »
Okie Dokie Leph, ya got me.  The difference is in fact organization.  Two sides flying historical terrain and a/c with realistic military objectives.  Thats it, simple.  How do we make it happen in the ct, well one of two ways.  We run a mini scenario once or twice a week or someone at htc runs one as often as possible.  My vote is for htc to do it and I dont mind payin a buck or two more a month to make it happen.  We have open singups the week before, everyone gets tossed into a unit and we go.  The days we're not runnin one people will come to the ct to practice.  Once we get rollin' people will submit scenario ideas like mad and I would be inclined to be very liberal with regard to what gets run.  The more reasons you come up with not to do something someone suggested the less likely people are to make suggestions.  Its a game, people have fun even when the scenario's poorly designed as long as they get to fight.
     If I know that every wed and fri night theres gonna be an organized event in the ct I'll plan my flying time around it.  People who didnt sign up will very likely come out of the ma to play reducing the load in the ma.  Squads will plan their squad nights around it.  Its lookin' like for the CT to work this is gonna need to happen.  
     Its my view that htc should provide the organization. As far as I'm concerned they could have left it 30 bucks a month and provided more service in this regard, but hey, who am I?

Originally posted by Lephturn

You are right, there is a search function.  I found something you wrote about making the CT more "scenario" like, but I'm just guessing that's what you are talking about.  I'm not sure I would like something like that, but I'm not closed-minded about the whole thing.  Shame you don't seem willing to discuss it.